FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11/12
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Video Converter Pro
- Downloader Topics
What should I do if my phone is not listed as one mode at the navigation panel?
Please navigate DVD Ripper to Cell Phone mode, then drop down the profile selection menu to check if there is a profile for your cell phone. If not, you can use MP4 mode to convert for your phone for the time being.
How to handle read errors in DVDFab?
Many DVDFab users, more often than not, have encountered the Read Error problem when trying to copy, rip or convert a DVD or Blu-ray disc. What does this error mean, why does it happen, and what can we do, in one way or another, to fix such kind of error?
The Read Error problem usually happens at the very early stage of the backup or conversion process—the disc analyzing stage, and whenever you are confronted with a read error problem, it indicates that there is something wrong with the DVD or Blu-ray disc you are accessing. It could be a bad sector, a scratch, a film of dust, a bad disc, or even a bad DVD/Blu-ray drive. In either case, it prevents DVDFab from reading the content on the disc.
When this error happens, how to fix the problem? Here below are a few things to try.
1. Whenever the Read Error happens, DVDFab shall pop up a dialog window with certain message which reads “Error while reading! Please choose what to do? Retry, abort, ignore, and ignore all.” At this point, following the advice is the very first thing users should try, around 50% of the read error problems can be fixed, if you try again, ignore the current read error, or ignore all the read errors. However, if this does not address the problem, then read on.
2. If ignoring the read error does not fix the problem, it probably means that disc might have been heavily used, scratched, damaged, or severely covered by dirt. At this point, cleaning the DVD/Blu-ray disc should rescue the scene. How to clean? You can try the following.
Ø Use a Piece of Microfiber Cloth
These are the same kind of cloths people use to clean eyeglasses, monitors, and laptop or LCD monitors. Because of microfiber’s very tight weave and the synthetic materials used to make microfiber, dust and particles of dirt are attracted and lifted up into the microfiber, which prevents you from simply spreading the dust around and scratching the DVD/Blu-ray disc further.
Ø Use Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is also often used to clean discs and just about every sensitive piece of technology out there because it doesn’t act like strong solvents do, and it evaporates quickly without leaving a residue. Usually a 1:1 mixture of 90%+ Isopropyl alcohol and water will do the trick. Simply dab a small, clean cotton cloth into the mixture and wipe in straight lines from the center of the disc to the outside edge. To dry the disc, just let it sit for a moment or two in a vertical position.
Ø Try Window Cleaner
Similar to rubbing alcohol, window cleaner is a great way to clean sticky residues and dirt off of a disc. This isn’t a very “organic solution” but it works. Window cleaner is not a very strong solvent, and it evaporates quickly without leaving residue as well. Instead of spraying the disc, spray a little bit onto a soft, cotton cloth and wipe from the center of the disc to the outside edge—leaving it to dry by propping it up in a vertical position for a few minutes.
Ø Try the Toothpaste
Toothpaste is a natural abrasive, and that’s how it cleans your teeth, and it will do the same for a disc. But don’t use those extra-whitening formulas. Just dab a little bit of Crest or Colgate on that disc, mix it with a little water and with either your finger or a small piece of cloth, and then buff those scratches away.
3. Aside from cleaning the disc, your disc drive, whether internal or external, might also be the reason causing the read error problem. Try not to use the drive continuously for a long time, as overlong work might generate too much heat inside the drive which might be causing the read error problem. Also, try to cleanse the disc tray once in a while to keep the drive free from dirt and dust, so that it can remain in a good working condition.
4. If cleaning both the disc and your optical drive does not fix the problem, then maybe it’s time to give up that disc, but if it is a brand-new disc you just purchased from Amazon, or nearby computer shop, it could be a bad disc. In this case, you can have it returned and replaced.
How do I authorize DVDFab Downloader with my account?
Click the menu icon on the top of right and click “Authorize” to input your DVDFab account.
Is my firmware 'good'?
Yes, it's good for most functions, but it really depends on what you want to do. If you need to play and rip UHD discs with DVDFab products, certain capabilities need to be available. UHD Tool can inquire the drive and tell you if you need to change the firmware, then it helps you do that.
What does a Single-Computer License grant me?
Per our EULA, a Single-Computer License allows the licensee to use DVDFab 10 on two computers at most, but not at the same time. This is to say, you can authorize your DVDFab 10 on at most two of your computers, but that two computers are not allowed to run DVDFab 10 at the same time frame.
I’m already a DVDFab 9 registered user, can I use DVDFab 10 directly for free?
Yes, of course. Though it’s a great upgrade from DVDFab 9 to DVDFab 10, it’s totally free for DVDFab 9 users to continue to use the purchased product(s) on the latest DVDFab 10.
Can I convert one movie title into multiple files splited by chapters?
Please insert your original movie to DVD drive, select conversion option you want, choose the titles you need to convert, click on "Edit", open "Conversion Settings", set "Split" as "Split by Chapter".
Can I use DVDFab products on MAC system?
Yes, DVDFab for Mac is available, you can find it at https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
DVDFab for Mac requires macOS 10.10 - 10.14. We will keep it up-to-date to support future macOS.
I have DVDFab 3-PC or 5-PC license, do I need to buy the additional PC authorization if I want to use DVDFab Downloader on multi-computers?
No, the DVDFab 3-PC or 5-PC license authorizations also apply to DVDFab Downloader.
Why a newer firmware cannot rip UHD discs and an older one can?
That is something resulted from LG maker decision to restrict some capabilities in its drives so that DVDFab or similar products cannot use them. Hence, they offered "upgrades" for existing drives and sold new one with the less capable firmware pre-installed, but marketed as "Improved BD UHD disc compatibility". In case of 'friendly' drives, they cannot access UHD discs at all after the so-called upgrade.