FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11/12
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Video Converter Pro
- Downloader Topics
Presently using DVDFab 11 and have a lifetime license, do I get free upgrade to 12?
Sure, as long as you have unexpired license you can continue to use it in the latest DVDFab 12.
Can I run both DVDFab 64-bit version and 32-bit version on the same computer?
Sure, you can run both 64-bit version and 32-bit version of DVDFab on a same computer.
Why the Movie Server in the output drop-down menu is shown as Not Found?
To make it easier for users to transfer the copied ISO files from DVDFab 10 to the Movie Server, we’ve added the option at the output drop-down menu the DVDFab Movie Server option. If in your DVDFab 10, the Movie Server is shown as Offline, it means your Movie Server is not turned on. If it is shown as Not Found, the possible reasons can be anyone listed below:
1. You haven’t purchased the Movie Server yet, which is available at https://www.dvdfab.cn/movie-server.htm;
2. Your Movie Server is not turned on, then you can simply turn it on;
3. Your Movie Server is not connected to the same network as your DVDFab 10, then you need to switch to the same network;
4. Your Movie Server is blocked by the firewall of your Windows or Anti-virus software. In either case, you need to unblock it.
Sometimes, it may also be listed as Not Accessible. In this case, the reason might be:
1. Your Movie Server is not turned on, then just turn it on;
2. Your Movie Server is turned on, however its DHCP IP address might have been changed. In this case, restarting DVDFab 10 shall fix the problem.
Can I still use DRM Removal for Apple if my license expires?
Unlike other modules such as the DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy which can still handle some old discs after it expires, DRM Removal for Apple does not work at all if your license expires, which means, if you have purchased the yearly based license, including 1/2/3/4 terms, you will have to renew it after it expires. So we recommend you the lifetime license.
Is passkey 9 free for existing customers?
That depends. There are two kinds of existing customers, paid existing customers and free existing customers. Paid customers can always enjoy the free upgrade policy, major upgrades and minor updated inside a major version, as long as their licenses are within the validity period. However, if you got your licenses from our previous giveaway campaign, then you will have to pay a certain upgrade fee if you want to jump from an earlier major version, such as version 8, to a later major version, such as version 9. But the minor updates are still free as long as your licenses are not expired, such as from ver. 184.108.40.206 to ver. 220.127.116.11
Does Passkey 9 require a live internet to work properly?
Yes, there are two reasons for requiring a live internet connection:
1). To activate Passkey 9, the program needs to connect to DVDFab server to verify your account information;
2). To decrypt DVDs and Blu-rays, Passkey 9 needs to connect to DVDFab’s online decryption databank, as the decryption process now is cloud-based.
How to activate Passkey 9?
Passkey 9 now uses the advanced online verification method for activation, for the detailed information, please refer to https://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm?pid=passkey
Am I legally permitted to purchase and use DVDFab software?
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) does not prohibit the purchase and legal use of decryption software. So please be relieved to use DVDFab to help you handle your legally owned media.
Which version, the Standard or the Ultra, is right for me?
That totally depends on what features you actually need, here below are the differences:
Features in the Standard version:
* Play back DVDs with menu support
* Play back Blu-ray main movie titles
* Play back non 4K UHD/HEVC videos
* PC and TV playback modes available
* Change UI skins with stylish outlook
Features in the Ultra version:
* Menu playback on regular Blu-rays
* Menu playback on 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays
* 4K UHD and HEVC (H.265) video playback
* HDR10 and HD audio output support
* All the features in the Standard version
When do I select Simple Mode and when Menu Mode? What’s the difference?
Simple Mode: if you want to watch the featured movie title directly, you can select Simple Mode, as it will start will the main movie title as soon as the source is loaded, without any distraction from extras, commercials, menus options etc.
Menu Mode: another way of saying Full Navigation Menu. This mode is the best choice for those who want to have hardware Blu-ray Player equivalent Blu-ray viewing experience. It will start with the navigation menus when the source is loaded, and you can use your keyboard or mouse to do some pre-settings, like subtitle, audio track, etc, before actually watching the movie. You can also freely select extras, commercials to see.