FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11/12
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Video Converter Pro
- Downloader Topics
What does "Task_1 Error=100" mean?
Error 100 in task 1 means "Failed to open file". Usually, it means that some IFO files can't be open or read, may be due to dirty or scratch of the disc. Please clean your disc first, and use Full Disc mode to see the result.
Why the preview feature does not work?
It could be a driver issue, please check and upgrade your Graphics Card driver to the latest version to try again.
Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
The current DVDFab does not convert VHS to DVD, vice versa.
What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
There are several methods:
1. Do not run too much tasks when you copy and burn DVDs with DVDFab, or you can disable all the other background tasks;
2. Update firmware to the latest version for your Writer/burner and keep it clean;
3. Slow down the writing speed to half of the rated speed of your blank discs;
4. Use quality blank media;
5. Do not run your PC or perform the burn continually.The temperature on the DVD/CD-ROM burner could be overheat and may result in mistakes while burning, even damage the DVD/CD-ROM burner.
What does " Writing device initialization failed" mean?
It means that your writer fails to start up for unknown reason.
1. You can check if the power supply of your DVD drive is strong. If necessary, please change the power line for a better one.
2. Before triggering the burning process, give DVDFab a few seconds to access the blank media from the DVD drive after the latter is put in.
How to remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement'?
To remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement', you need specify the disc's region code. You can also open "Common Settings" window, click on "Protection", choose the right region code same as listed on the original DVD package using the drop down selector.
Note: If your source movie disc does not contain RCE protection, or if the region code of your drive and the movie disc is the same, DVDFab will not popup the box which asks you to specify the region code.
What does "Task_1 Error=105" mean?
Task_1 Error 105 means there is an unexpected packet in VOB file, signaling that the disc is dirty or scratched. Please clean it first and then try Full Disc mode to see the result.
What does DVD Folder mean?
Speaking of DVD folders, we are referring to the folders and file structures on the disc. If you open (not play it) a DVD on your PC, you will see two folders on the DVD disc, one is named "Video_TS" filled by VOB files, BUP files and IFO files, and the other one is called "Audio_TS", which usually is an empty folder.
DVDFab DVD Copy can copy the DVD movie off the original disc and save it onto computer HDD as standard DVD movie folder, so that you can play the movie folder by some media player software on your computer.
What does "task_2 Error=116" mean and how to fix it?
It is an error about "burning failed" or "process aborted". Please try the following steps to see if the problem can be fixed:
1. Install the latest version of DVDFab at https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
2. Update the firmware of DVD writer to the latest;
3. Enable DMA mode for DVD writer;
4. Slow down the burning speed;
5. Try different brands of blank media, like the well-known ones from Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim, and keep away from crap ones like Memorex;
6. Try different formats of blank media, like DVD+/-R/RW if your DVD writer supports;
Check the detailed burning problems and solutions here.
Where to renew my DVDFab?
To renew your products, please go to DVDFab Member Center at https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm.