FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11/12
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Video Converter Pro
- Downloader Topics
Why a newer firmware cannot rip UHD discs and an older one can?
That is something resulted from LG maker decision to restrict some capabilities in its drives so that DVDFab or similar products cannot use them. Hence, they offered "upgrades" for existing drives and sold new one with the less capable firmware pre-installed, but marketed as "Improved BD UHD disc compatibility". In case of 'friendly' drives, they cannot access UHD discs at all after the so-called upgrade.
What is a Multi-Computer License?
Literally, a Multi-Computer license allows the licensee (not anyone else) to use/authorize DVDFab 10 on multiple computers (more than two), and still being able to run DVDFab 10 simultaneously on those authorized computers. Currently, we only have 3-Computer License and 5-Computer License, which cost $30/$50, and include 3/5 authorizations for 3/5 additional computers. respectively.
Why can't I get discount price after enter the coupon code?
Please note that the coupon code must be in upper case. You can simply copy and paste them directly.
What does the error "Media inserted in Drive X is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process" mean?
DVD5 is single layered and DVD9 is double layered, the storage capacities of the two are very different: DVD-5 (Single layer) disk is often called 4.7 GB Media while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5 GB Media.
When you receive this message, what you actually want is to burn to DVD5 disc, you can try:
1. Change the Output to DVD5 in Advanced Settings window by clicking on the wrench button to bring up the box.
2. Be sure that you set "Writable media (DVD-5) size" a good one for most of the blank media, and we would recommend to set 4300MB, the default one for DVD5 burning for most of the cases, you can check in Common Settings > Drives > DVD Write panel.
3. If you have done the above two, but still get the same message, please submit the problem along with your DVDFab log files to the support team for help.
Can I burn Blu-ray movies to DVD disc?
Yes, you can. There are two options to do that:
1. Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie mode: Choose DVD/Blu-ray writer as Target, set the Output as BD5 or BD9 in the Advanced Settings window.
Choose "BD5", DVDFab will compress the movie to make it fit on one BD5/DVD5 disc;
Choose "BD9", DVDFab will compress the movie to BD9/DVD9 disc.
Note: The created DVD disc cannot play on standalone DVD player, since Blu-ray Copy won't transfer Blu-ray format to DVD standard, files on this burnt DVD disc are still in .m2ts format.
2. Blu-ray to DVD Converter: This option will generate a DVD-video disc in standard DVD format, which can play well on standalone DVD players.
Do I need to buy the additional authorizations if I want to use DVDFab Downloader on multi-mobile devices?
Yes, you can only authorize 1 mobile device default with your license. If you want to use on multi-mobile, you need to order 3-Moblie or 5-Mobile license.
What is a firmware downgrade?
Downgrade is strictly related to the firmware version here, going from newer version (higher number) to older. It's not about the features set.
Where to buy Multi-Computer License?
The Multi-Computer License is only available at DVDFab Member Center, and only those who already purchased DVDFab 10 can log in there to buy extra licenses.
Why can't the Movie Server find my SATA hard drive?
There are cases that the Movie Sever can find but not be able to identify your hard disk drive, especially when it is a brand-new HDD. When this happens, the Movie Server will pop up an alert and ask you to format the HDD first, you can just follow the guide to format the HDD into EXT4 file system. You can also format the HDD at Settings>Disk Manager. Be aware: do not power off the Movie Server or extract the HDD from the cabinet during the formatting process, otherwise, your HDD might get damaged.
In very rare cases, the Movie Server even might not be able to detect your HDD at all, when this happens, you need to get the HDD formatted on your PC, and the following steps tell you how to do that:
1. Connect the SATA hard drive to your PC via a USB to SATA converter;
2. Right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, find the connected hard drive, which should be marked as Not Initialized;
3. Initialize the HDD using the GPT method.
4. Right-click the hard disk and select to create a new volume, format the disk is necessary.
Also, you can format the HDD into EXT3 or EXT4 with other professional tools.
How can I transfer the registration information from DVDFab 9 to DVDFab 10 in order to use DVDFab 10?
As DVDFab 9 users, you can use DVDFab 10 for free. You just need to login our Member Center to register DVDFab account with the email account you used to purchase DVDFab 10 products. If you already have account in Member Center, this account is good for using. And with your DVDFab account, you can activate/authorize the products you have in DVDFab 10 products. Our Member Center can be accessed at: https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm