FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- DVDFab Downloader
- DVDFab Toolkit
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Can I use my DVD burner to burn Blu-ray movies?
- What does "require an internet connection" mean when I copy Blu-ray movies?
- Do I need to order DVDFab Downloader again if I’m a current user of YouTube to MP3 and Video Downloader?
- Is this a 100% safe procedure?
- What happens if I run out of my License Authorizations?
- How to manage the media files of the Movie Server via Windows explorer?
- Can DVDFab 10 continue to function when internet connection suddenly gets lost?
- What currencies are acceptable?
- Can I use "Nero" or "Imgburn" to burn?
- Can DVDFab Blu-ray Copy remove BD copy protection for copying?
Can I use my DVD burner to burn Blu-ray movies?
No. DVD writer does not support Blu-ray format. You need a Blu-ray writer to copy and burn Blu-ray movies.
What does "require an internet connection" mean when I copy Blu-ray movies?
DVDFab Blu-ray related products, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper and Blu-ray 3D Ripper included, need access DVDFab server to decode AACS and BD+ copy protections. That means the computer you are runing DVDFab on has to be internet connected.
Do I need to order DVDFab Downloader again if I’m a current user of YouTube to MP3 and Video Downloader?
No, all the old users of YouTube to MP3 and Video Downloader can upgrade to Music Downloader and Video Downloader in the new DVDFab Downloader at no cost.
Is this a 100% safe procedure?
If you follow this guide or the interface of the tool indications you should be fine in most cases. Of course, don't do silly stuff like allowing your laptop to go in Sleep mode or Powering off.
When on battery, make sure you have it charged. And stay nearby for the flashing part, it won't take too long.
If your flashing goes bad, your drive is not working, for some reason, you'll find help in the Troubleshooting section.
If the whole process makes you uncomfortable, start by reading the Troubleshooting section. Then decide if you want to proceed or ask a friend’s help, someone who's a bit more tecky.
What happens if I run out of my License Authorizations?
If a licensee has used up all the authorizations his/her license grants, then he/she cannot authorize DVDFab 10 on more computers. But, he/she can deauthorize any computer anytime to make way for another computer.
How to manage the media files of the Movie Server via Windows explorer?
Aside from managing the media files directly from the Movie Server, users can also manage them from their PC. Here is how:
1. In the address bar of Windows explorer, enter \\Your Movie Server’s IP Address\share;
2. Among the six folders there, the one named sata is actually where all your media files copied by DVDFab 10 are stored, if you want to manage your previous ISO files made by DVDFab 10 with the Poster Wall feature, you need to copy them to sata\sata1\DVDFab ; and the one named sdcard is the built-in memory of the Movie Server, where all the system data are stored.
Can DVDFab 10 continue to function when internet connection suddenly gets lost?
DVDFab 10 can partly function without internet connection. Since DVDFab 10 needs to access internet for registration/authorization info and need valid internet to open DVD/Blu-ray/UHD movie discs, internet connection is strongly recommended for using DVDFab 10.
What currencies are acceptable?
For VisaCard/MasterCard holders: currently accepted billing currencies are US dollar, Austrilian dollar, European dollar, Great Britan Pound, Hongkong dollar, and Russian Ruble;
For JCB (from Japanese market only) holders: currently accepted billing currency is Chinese RMB only.
The exchange will be automatically done by the VisaCard/MasterCard issuing bank without additional costs.
Can I use "Nero" or "Imgburn" to burn?
Yes, you can. DVDFab offers multiple options on choosing your favorite burning engines, you can make your own configuration at Common Settings->Write->Burning Engine, currently, there are four options available: DVDFab Burning Engine, VSO Burning Engine, Nero Burning ROM, and ImgBurn.
Can DVDFab Blu-ray Copy remove BD copy protection for copying?
Yes, DVDFab Blu-ray Copy is capable of remova Blu-ray copy protection. You can visit https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/Protection to see what kinds of Blu-ray related protections does DVDFab Blu-ray Copy deal with.