- How can I save and send the log files to your support team?
- Why was my standalone DVD player unable to play burnt disks due to area limitations ?
- What’s the purpose of the UHD Drive Tool, what can be done with it?
- What are the DVDFab version requirements?
- Can it work with any UHD backup software after downgrading the firmware for my drive?
- What’s DVDFab Downloader?
- Do I still need to downgrade the firmware if my drive works with the backup software?
- What can I do with the new DVDFab Downloader?
- Can I try it first before order it?
- What are the system requirements for DVDFab Downloader?
How can I save and send the log files to your support team?
Please open Common Settings window, click on "General>Diagnosis", make sure that all the log files are enabled (DVDFab_internal.log, DVDFab_burn_vso.log, DVDFab_process.log) before you use DVDFab, if they are not, you won't get the log files created.
The default location of your logs is:
For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab/Log
Please locate the "DVDFab" folder following that path, and then zip the "Log" sub-folder and send it to service@DVDFab.cn. Please do decribe what happens and what problem you receive, we will check where the problem is..
Why was my standalone DVD player unable to play burnt disks due to area limitations ?
Please check which standard (PAL, NTSC or SECAM) your original movie disc is and your standalone DVD player supports. We don't touch the conversion between them now, so the burnt disc still keeps the standard of the original disc. If the standard can not be supported by your standalone DVD player, you will get the "area limitations" notice.
What’s the purpose of the UHD Drive Tool, what can be done with it?
UHD Drive Tool is a handy GUI tool that allows users to downgrade the backup-unfriendly firmware on a 4K UHD drive, so that the drive becomes capable of backing up 4K Ultra Blu-ray discs.
What are the DVDFab version requirements?
The tool is available only in Windows DVDFab v11.0.1.x or later, running on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86 or x64. And note that the DVDFab platform must be the same as your system platform (DVDFab x64 is used on Windows x64, DVDFab x86 is used on Windows x86).
Can it work with any UHD backup software after downgrading the firmware for my drive?
Yes, you can back up the UHD discs with any UHD backup software (like DVDFab, DVDFab Player 5, DeUHD, etc) after downgrading the firmware successfully.
What’s DVDFab Downloader?
DVDFab Downloader is the new branded one-stop platform to download and managethe online video to the high-quality MP3 file or the video formats. It also has a mobile App version for Android and iOS (iOS version is coming soon).
Do I still need to downgrade the firmware if my drive works with the backup software?
No, you don’t need re-flash the firmware if your drive works correctly already.
What can I do with the new DVDFab Downloader?
You can download and save online video from 200+ websites to your HDD in high video quality with Video Downloader and high audio quality with Music Downloader.
You can finish to download the online video, playback the downloaded file, manage the downloaded file in DVDFab Downloader easily. Details see the below:
- Download videos from all the supported websites. https://www.dvdfab.cn/supported-online-sites-list.htm
- Download videos from a playlist.
- Download videos in 10x faster Turbo-Speed.
- Download 5 videos simultaneously.
- Download videos in 1080 Full HD and 4K/8K UHD quality.
- Download videos to mp3 in 128/196/320 kbps.
- Playback the downloaded files or YouTube online video smoothly.
- YouTube hot playlists recommendations.
- Create your custom playlist for your favorited music.
- Auto download and update the saved playlist.
- Cloud sync the playlists and your favorites between different devices.
Can I try it first before order it?
No, the new tool does not provide the trial, but it will work correctly if you follow the steps above with the supported drive.
What are the system requirements for DVDFab Downloader?
For Windows: Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
For Android: Android 5.0 or above.
For iOS: iOS 10 and later