FAQ: Blu-ray Copy
- What does "There are no space in C: drive" mean?
- Can I compress Blu-ray movies to BD25 disc?
- Can I burn Blu-ray movies to DVD disc?
- Can I use my DVD burner to burn Blu-ray movies?
- What does "require an internet connection" mean when I copy Blu-ray movies?
- Can DVDFab Blu-ray Copy remove BD copy protection for copying?
- Can I copy Blu-ray 3D movies with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy?
- How to set the output media size as BD25?
- What is miniso? What should I do if I created one miniso file?
- How to save space for Blu-ray movie compression?
What does "There are no space in C: drive" mean?
DVDFab Blu-ray Copy needs at least 100 GB of Free Hard Disk Space.
Before the content of the blu-ray movie is burned into the blank disk, DVDFab must finish certain decoding and encoding jobs which require some amount of free space on the hard drive to store data. 100 GB free hard disk space mentioned here is just for this issue. You can set the output directory and temporay directory to the other drive which has enough free place in "General" settings window.
Can I compress Blu-ray movies to BD25 disc?
DVDFab "Blu-ray Copy" can compress a Blu-ray disc in 50GB size onto samller discs, including BD 25, BD 9, BD 5, without noticeable quality loss.
Full Disc mode－compress BD 50 to BD 25;
Main Movie mode－compress BD 50 to BD 25/BD 9/BD 5.
Can I burn Blu-ray movies to DVD disc?
Yes, you can. There are two options to do that:
1. Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie mode: Choose DVD/Blu-ray writer as Target, set the Output as BD5 or BD9 in the Advanced Settings window.
Choose "BD5", DVDFab will compress the movie to make it fit on one BD5/DVD5 disc;
Choose "BD9", DVDFab will compress the movie to BD9/DVD9 disc.
Note: The created DVD disc cannot play on standalone DVD player, since Blu-ray Copy won't transfer Blu-ray format to DVD standard, files on this burnt DVD disc are still in .m2ts format.
2. Blu-ray to DVD Converter: This option will generate a DVD-video disc in standard DVD format, which can play well on standalone DVD players.
Can I use my DVD burner to burn Blu-ray movies?
No. DVD writer does not support Blu-ray format. You need a Blu-ray writer to copy and burn Blu-ray movies.
What does "require an internet connection" mean when I copy Blu-ray movies?
DVDFab Blu-ray related products, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper and Blu-ray 3D Ripper included, need access DVDFab server to decode AACS and BD+ copy protections. That means the computer you are runing DVDFab on has to be internet connected.
Can DVDFab Blu-ray Copy remove BD copy protection for copying?
Yes, DVDFab Blu-ray Copy is capable of remova Blu-ray copy protection. You can visit https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/Protection to see what kinds of Blu-ray related protections does DVDFab Blu-ray Copy deal with.
Can I copy Blu-ray 3D movies with DVDFab Blu-ray Copy?
Yes, you can. There are three ways to make Blu-ray 3D movie backups.
1. Blu-ray Copy - Full Disc: Copy as Blu-ray 3D (BD50 to BD50, BD50 to BD25);
Convert to Side By Side 3D: (BD50 to BD25 with compression).
2. Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie: Copy as Blu-ray 3D (BD50 to BD50, BD50 to BD25);
Convert to Side By Side 3D (BD50 to BD25 with compression).
3. Blu-ray Copy - Clone: make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit Blu-ray 3D copy (BD50 to BD50).
How to set the output media size as BD25?
You can click on the wrench button to bring up the Advanced Settings window to change the output to BD25.
What is miniso? What should I do if I created one miniso file?
Miniso is a new ISO format produced by DVDFab. The .miniso file can be created when copying Blu-ray from disc to folder, or from folder to folder, it is much smaller than the standard ISO file, only 1-2 MB, this will definitely save your hard drive storage spaces and valuable time from creating an entire ISO image file from source Blu-ray disc.
The output .miniso file need to be mounted by DVDFab Virtual Drive, then it can be played by PowerDVD or other Blu-ray software player just like simulates a normal ISO image file. Please make sure that you have DVDFab Virtual Drive installed on your computer, you can get it here.
How to save space for Blu-ray movie compression?
You can select “Remove HD audio” (convert Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3, convert DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS) in "Common Settings/Blu-ray Copy" to save space for video when compression is needed.