FAQ: DVD Copy
- How can I know the brand and type of DVD drive/writer?
- What does "DVDFab - The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software has stopped working" mean?
- What does "Task_3 failed Error 100" mean?
- What does "Task_2 Error=105" mean?
- What should I do if DVDFab can not recognize the movie in drive properly?
- Does DVDFab support to make region free DVD?
- What does "Task_1 Error=100" mean?
- Why the preview feature does not work?
- Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
- What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
How can I know the brand and type of DVD drive/writer?
Please follow the instruction to get the brand and type of your drive/writer. Right click "My computer"-->Choose "Property"-->Choose "Hardware"-->Choose "Device Manager" to search the information.
What does "DVDFab - The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software has stopped working" mean?
It could be some programe files get corrupted.
Please uninstall the current version, and then visit https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to download and install the latest version to see the result.
If you still have problem, please list the step you went through and send us the log file via our contact page https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
What does "Task_3 failed Error 100" mean?
It means verify failed. Generally speaking, the burnt disc should work well, please playback the burnt disc to check it out.
And as you know, it is always a good idea to use quality media. It's not just the burn process and compatibility of the media, but also the longevity of the backup itself.
What does "Task_2 Error=105" mean?
Task_2 Error=105 means that files are too big to fit on the target blank media.
You can choose to burn the materials to larger size of blank media, like a dual-layer disc.
Or you can go to "Common Settings > Drives > DVD Write" panel to adjust the "Writable Media size" for DVD5 and DVD9, normally, the default 4300MB and 8100MB for DVD5 and DVD9 respecitively should work!
What should I do if DVDFab can not recognize the movie in drive properly?
If your DVDFab can't recognize original movie disc from DVD drive very well on your computer, please clean the disc and be sure that your PC can read the disc well and then run DVDFab to try again. If still get the same issue, you can try DVDFab Passkey or a software player and see if they can read the disc or not.
Does DVDFab support to make region free DVD?
Yes, the backup DVD made by DVDFab is region free. DVDFab supports to remove all common copy protections, like CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, etc. Please visit https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/Protection to get more details.
What does "Task_1 Error=100" mean?
Error 100 in task 1 means "Failed to open file". Usually, it means that some IFO files can't be open or read, may be due to dirty or scratch of the disc. Please clean your disc first, and use Full Disc mode to see the result.
Why the preview feature does not work?
It could be a driver issue, please check and upgrade your Graphics Card driver to the latest version to try again.
Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
The current DVDFab does not convert VHS to DVD, vice versa.
What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
There are several methods:
1. Do not run too much tasks when you copy and burn DVDs with DVDFab, or you can disable all the other background tasks;
2. Update firmware to the latest version for your Writer/burner and keep it clean;
3. Slow down the writing speed to half of the rated speed of your blank discs;
4. Use quality blank media;
5. Do not run your PC or perform the burn continually.The temperature on the DVD/CD-ROM burner could be overheat and may result in mistakes while burning, even damage the DVD/CD-ROM burner.