FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11/12
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Video Converter Pro
- Downloader Topics
What does the error "Media inserted in Drive X is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process" mean?
DVD5 is single layered and DVD9 is double layered, the storage capacities of the two are very different: DVD-5 (Single layer) disk is often called 4.7 GB Media while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5 GB Media.
When you receive this message, what you actually want is to burn to DVD5 disc, you can try:
1. Change the Output to DVD5 in Advanced Settings window by clicking on the wrench button to bring up the box.
2. Be sure that you set "Writable media (DVD-5) size" a good one for most of the blank media, and we would recommend to set 4300MB, the default one for DVD5 burning for most of the cases, you can check in Common Settings > Drives > DVD Write panel.
3. If you have done the above two, but still get the same message, please submit the problem along with your DVDFab log files to the support team for help.
What is the difference between Video Converter and DVDFab Video Converter Pro?
Video Converter is to convert video files from one format to another, it is included in the DVDFab 12.
DVDFab Video Converter Pro contains 3 items, which are Video Converter, DVDFab Toolkit, and VideoCruise.
Try to start DVDFab, got "Error message Error at hooking API "LoadString A" Dumping first 32 bytes:...", what to do?
Error message Error at hooking API "LoadString A" Dumping first 32 bytes: 48 88 c4 48 89 58 08 48 89 70 10 57 48 83 ec 40 41 8B f9 49 8b d8 33 f6 4c 8d 40 e8 45 33 c9 89.
-- While you get the above error message upon starting DVDFab, please follow these steps to have a try:
1. Uninstall DVDFab
2. Run CCleaner or similar tool to remove registry of DVDFab 11
3. Reboot PC
4. Redownload DVDFab from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
5. Install and run DVDFab as administrator
My Blu-ray reader/writer is not recognized by DVDFab 11/12 via Microsoft Remote Desktop, how can I fix it?
This is not a DVDFab issue, but you can follow illustration on this page to adjust your system setting to solve this issue: https://gilsmethod.com/solution-burn-dvd-cd-remote-desktop
While converting Blu-ray, the FPS slowly becomes "0", what can I try?
While you encounter issue like this, you can try these first:
1. Give Passthrough profiles a try and see if the process can go through or not.
2. Go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding)" to convert again and see the result.
3. If it doesn't help, please provide dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file to firstname.lastname@example.org for troubleshooting.
Got error message "DVDFabxxx.pkg" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software, what to do?
While on macOS, upon installing DVDFab you receive the message ""DVDFab11061.pkg" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information." please go to the Mac System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, set the "Allow apps to run from" to "identified developers".
What is Enlarger AI?
With the Super-Resolution technology delivered by DVDFab Enlarger AI (sold separately), the world's 1st AI-powered, deep learning capable video upscaling solution available to general consumers, you can enhance the video quality of old DVDs from SD (480p) to stunning Full HD (1080p). Here you can get more information about it: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/dvdfab-enlarger-ai/374874-new-enlarger-ai-faq
How can I know whether my PC meets the requirement for using Enlarger AI?
Before the process of converting with Enlarger AI starts, DVDFab will check and list the specification of your graphics card, so that you can know whether your graphics card and its memory are power enough or not.
What graphics card do I need if I want to convert with Enlarger AI?
GeForce 10 series and above, with GPU Memory 3GB and above, and Driver version needs to be 410.48 or above.
On macOS Catalina, my DVDFab got stuck at "logging in..." window. What shall I do?
On macOS 10.15 (Catalina), if you encounter an issue like this, please go to Documents, find the DVDFab folder and rename it to run DVDFab again.