How to Compress Video Without Losing Quality? Best Software to Use
Summary: Aside from taking up a lot of storage space and slowing down your computer, huge video files are also a nuisance. As a result, this article provides instructions for compressing a video on your Mac.
- • Provides more than 20 video and audio editing tools
- • Enhanced video editing ability, such as editing filters, transitions, etc
- • 3-in-1 video editing tool that offer the most comprehensive solution
Videos are well-known for their size. A-frame takes roughly 5MB to preserve, while a second of footage takes 30 frames. Multiple drawbacks stem from the enormous file sizes of video. If the file size is considerable, loading a movie might take a long time. Furthermore, it complicates video distribution on the internet. Aside from taking up a lot of storage space and slowing down your computer, huge video files are also a nuisance. As a result, this article provides instructions for compressing a video on your Mac.
DVDFab Video Converter offers many ways to minimize the MP4 file size. Convert the MP4 to a lesser format, decrease the frame rate and even cut off the bits you don't want. This method allows for a reduction in size without sacrificing much in terms of quality. Below is the guide to do this:
How to make a file smaller on Mac using DVDFab Video Converter?
- Go to DVDFab Video Converter's official website and download the program. Installing the software is as simple as running the setup.
- Open the software after installation. When you initially run it, the program's default user interface appears.
- Activate the "Converter." Then find the MP4 video you want to shrink and click the plus (+) button in the UI's center.
- The video will now play on this page.
- Select WMV from the "Mp4" tab now.
- Now, select "Advanced setting" from the drop-down menu.
- This time, you'll find a variety of choices that you may use to reduce the video's file size.
- You can lower the current resolution and decrease the frame rate. In the screenshot below, you can see that we've reduced a few numbers.
- Afterward, press the OK button. Click "Start" to begin.
Conversion to WMV format, reduced frame rate, and lower audio bitrate will occur in minutes. It's now possible to examine how big an MP4 file would have been if it had remained unconverted. While playing back the converted video, there will be some quality loss, but this is normal when compressing bigger video files.
You may also alter the resolution, frame rate, and bit rate to achieve the quality you like. A little bit of reduction in the resolution and other parameters will be enough if you're looking for a bit of quality loss.
The video quality will degrade in direct proportion to the decrease in value. Since quality is a concern, it is best to keep the prices lower.
Note: Other lower-level formats, such as FLV and others, are also available.
Trimming away the extraneous bits is another option. If you want to make a video smaller, you can check to see if there are any unnecessary segments. If this is the case, DVDFab Video Converter can easily remove the portions you don't want from your video.
Once you've imported the video, go back and select "Edit Video" from the drop-down menu. Using DVDFab Video Converter, you may minimize the size of an MP4 file.
When attempting to reduce the size of a video file, the primary concern is the difficulty of the process. Video compression may be made easier with the aid of AnyMP4 Online Video Compressor. The best part is that you don't have to put anything on your hard drive to use it.
- Compress video files online for free and without registering.
- Without any restrictions on file size and watermarks.
- All common video formats are supported.
- Keep the quality of the video as high as possible.
How to compress a video on Mac using the AnyMP4 Online Video Compressor?
- Step 1: To reduce the size of a video, visit https://www.anymp4.com/video-compressor/ in your browser. Click the Launch Free Compressor icon to download the launcher.
- Step 2: Upload the huge video file from your Mac when requested. The video reduction window will then be displayed to you. Shrink the file by using the Size slider. Then choose the appropriate format, resolution, and bitrate for your project.
- Step 3: To begin the compression process, click the Compress button. After that, you'll want to grab the itty bitty.zip file.
You may use FreeConvert to compress video files online. Free up to 1GB film reduction. You may also upload movies from your computer's hard drive, from the cloud, or a URL. Sign up and purchase a plan if you want to process huge films.
How to make a video file smaller on Mac using FreeConvert?
- Step 1: Access https://www.freeconvert.com/video-compressor in a browser.
- Step 2: To upload video files, click the Choose Files option. Clicking the Gear icon resets the file size.
- Step 3: To reduce the size of video files on your Mac, click the Compress Now option. After that, you may save the data you've generated.
Clideo is a popular video editor on the internet. This program compresses a Mac movie up to 500 MB for free. If you use a free account, the result will be watermarked.
How to compress video on Mac using Clideo?
- Step 1: Open a web browser and go to https://clideo.com/compress-video. To submit a video from a Mac, click the Choose file option.
- Step 2: After uploading the video, compress it online. After that, you'll be able to see the outcome.
- Step 3: Next, select the Download option to save the movie to your computer or cloud storage account.
If you're starting, this app is ideal. CompressVideo, as the name suggests, is a Mac video compressor available online. Even though it can only compress a video up to 500MB at a time, there is no subscription or purchase option.
How to use a Compress video quality reducer?
- Step 1: Go to https://www.compressvideo.io/ in any web browser and have a look.
- Step 2: To upload a video from a Mac, click the "Browse" button. To make the file smaller, click Upload.
- Step 3: Finally, save the movie clip to your computer and enjoy!
Adjusting the quality in iMovie allows you to reduce the file size of a film. The smaller the file size, the worse the video quality. Here are the first steps in the process. It's the built-in compress file mac video software.
- Step 1: A huge video may be imported by clicking on the Import Media button in iMovie.
- Step 2: You have complete creative control over the video. Then select the file from the Share button.
- Step 3: Compressing video on a Mac is as simple as choosing a lower quality setting, clicking Next, and following the on-screen instructions.
The media player that comes pre-installed on Macs is called QuickTime Player. In addition, it has several other features, including screen recording. Resizing pictures is an obvious way to minimize the size of a video file.
- Step 1: Open QuickTime Player by right-clicking on the huge video and selecting "Open with."
- Step 2: Exporting a reduced resolution is the second step once the movie has loaded. After that, the video file will be reduced as well.
Open-source video converter HandBrake is available for download. Additionally, you may use it to reduce the file size on your Mac computer by modifying the video format, codec, and resolution.
- Step 1: Open a vast video file under the Open-Source option of the video reduction. In the Output Folder window, click the Browse button to choose a destination.
- Step 2: Choose MP4 or a related file type from the Format option on the Summary tab. Then, select H.264 From Video Encoder from the drop-down menu under the Video tab.
- Step 3: You may start compressing the video on Mac by clicking the Start button.
Using Movavi Video Converter, you may reduce the size of your video files while maintaining the video's original quality. You may use it on any device to compress video footage.
- It can play a variety of video formats, including AVI, MKV, MP4, and MOV.
- Drag & drop files into the working area is a breeze.
- You may rotate the video and add a watermark to it.
- Windows and Macintosh have supported platforms.
Free cloud-based video compression software, Online UniConverter. Video formats supported include FLV, MOV, MP4, and various other well-known ones. Uploading and sharing the videos is as simple as dragging and dropping them into Dropbox.
- Other resolutions include 480p, 720p, 360p, and 4K.
- There are no file size restrictions with this online video compressor.
- With a single mouse click, you may reduce the movie file size.
- Using this free video compressor, you'll be able to post films to YouTube or Vimeo safely.
- Mac, Windows, and Linux are all supported operating systems.
Without sacrificing quality, Gilisoft Video Converter can compress or convert videos. Video footage may be improved with minimum effort, thanks to this program.
- You may use it with more than 160 different video formats that are out there.
- You may combine, chop or rotate video clips with the help of this app.
- Subtitles may be added to your videos.
- It allows you to apply effects to video recordings.
- SWF files may be converted to video and audio.
With Leawo Video Converter Ultimate, you can convert video DVDs, burn films to DVD, back up DVDs, and download internet videos, amongst other things. Watching videos on the internet, creating photo slideshows, and video conversion are all possible features of this app.
- You can convert video/DVD to video/audio formats in more than 180 formats.
- With this software, you may copy DVDs to a CD/DVD-RW without sacrificing quality.
- YouTube, Facebook, and more than a thousand more sites may be downloaded with this app.
- It's possible to make 3D movies from 2D video/DVD sources in six distinct 3D effects.
Using Clipchamp, you can compress video. To compress video mac without delay, you may use this program For PC users; this is one of the finest apps for compressing AVI, MP4, MOV, and other videos.
- You may use this compressed mp4 mac software to compress clips on Mac and Windows without installing any software.
- It's a great way to free up some hard drive space.
- You can compress a large number of clips at once.
- Clipchamp allows you to see videos online before you buy them.
- Compressed files can be shared with others. Windows and Mac are both supported.
Compressing video on mac without compromising on quality is a challenging task. The above article guide talks about the best software that will support you to do the task without hurting the actual video quality accordingly. And if you want multiple solutions within a single choice, it looks no more than the DVDFab Video Converter. As mentioned above, it is an all-in-one video software in the DVDFab software suite, with powerful video decoding capability and multiple output modes. What’s more, it also enables you to compress any 2D/3D Blu-ray Disc or DVD and convert between various HD/SD video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc., to watch on various media players with only one or two clicks.