How to Convert MP4 to MP3？
2019-03-19 02:26:11 Posted by John6024
Summary: Here are 4 different ways for you to convert MP4 to MP3 easily and quickly. Some MP4 to MP3 converters come with many advanced tools for you to customize your own mp3.
MP4 is shorthand for MPEG-4 AVC, which means that it belongs to a family of standards for coding audio-visual information into a file. MP4 files contain the audio and visual content in a compressed format without the information suffering any major quality loss. MP3 similarly belongs to the same family of Moving Pictures Experts Group format where the audio is irreversibly compressed to give you your music without taking up a lot of storage space. Since both of the file formats belong to the same family of codec, the answer of how to convert MP4 to MP3 is comparatively simpler compared to other forms of conversion. So let us see how to convert MP4 to MP3 using different methods.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player
1. Download and install Windows Media Player if you don’t have it already. It can be downloaded from Microsoft website for free.
2. Launch Windows Media Player by going to Start > All Programs > Windows Media Player.
3. Click on the File menu, click on the Open option and locate the MP4 file you want to convert to MP3.
4. Once the file is loaded, click on File menu again, click on Save As and from the extension MP4, remove the “4” and replace it with “3”. Select the folder and click on Save to save the MP3 file.
These 4 steps answer your question on how to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 in high quality
If you need your MP3 output file in high quality then the part above describing how to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player might not be of much use to you. This is where you should consider taking help of professional tools which can solve your problem of how to convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows or Mac in just a few clicks. One such tool is DVDFab 10 Video Converter. It has a host of options to convert from one format to another and one of these formats that we are going to show is how to convert MP4 to MP3 using DVDFab 10.
1. Download DVDFab Video Converter and install it on your PC.
2. Launch the software and go to the Converter tab of the software.
3. Click on the Plus icon to locate the MP4 file you want to convert to MP3 or drag and drop a file or folder containing the MP4 files to the home screen of DVDFab 10 Video Converter.
4. Go to the MP4 icon in the below the DVDFab 10 logo in the left corner, click Format, click Audio and select MP3 from the options given.
5. Once you have selected MP3 conversion, you can open the Advanced Settings menu to change any particular setting like Sample Rate, Bit Rate or Audio Channel. Any changes you do can be saved by using “Save my profile” button which will make your present setting as your default setting.
6. Once the settings, select the output folder for the MP3 file if you don’t want to store it in the default folder. After that, you can start the conversion process using the Start button or schedule it for later. If there are too many files you can use the DVDFab 10 Android app to monitor the progress of the conversion using your mobile.
7. While the conversion is running you have the option to Pause the conversion process or Continue later at a specified time if you don’t want to run it at the moment. DVDFab 10 also allows you to set what you want to do after the conversion is complete – Do Nothing, Close the Program or Shut Down the computer itself. So you can comfortably schedule a lot of files for conversion at night and set it to Shut Down the computer post-conversion.
That completes the steps on how to convert MP4 to MP3 in high quality using DVDFab 10 Video Converter. Once the conversion process is complete you can see the output MP3 files in the output folder you set.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 online
There are a host of websites that offer MP4 to MP3 conversion for free. The only catch is that since your file is going to a third party server, nobody can guarantee the security of the data. Anyhow, here we will see how to convert MP4 to MP3 online using OnlineVideoConveter.com
1. Go to the OnlineVideoConverter.com website using the link above. You will be directly shown a page asking you to upload your video file. Depending on your internet connection speed, this can take time and many other websites will place a limitation on the size of files you can upload for MP4 to MP3 conversion. Here too, you can do a conversion of only 1 file at a time.
2. Select any file and wait for it to get completely uploaded. Once the upload is complete you can select an output format from the list in the drop down. Select mp3 from Audio Formats list. No Advanced Settings here, all you can do is select an input file, select the output format and hit Start to start the conversion.
3. It might take some time to convert from MP4 to MP3 depending on the file size. Once complete you will be given a link to download the completed file.
This is how to convert MP4 to MP3 using online tools. These tools are good when you are not much worried about quality and are doing the conversion for small and few files when you are okay to run through the process multiple times for each of the files.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes
Unlike Windows Media Player, iTunes specifically provides a file conversion facility where you can convert MP4 to MP3. Let’s see how to convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes.
1. Click on the “Edit” menu and select “Preferences”. This will open the General Preferences tab, where you need to click on “Import Settings”.
2. In the Import Settings dialogue box, open the Import using dialogue box and select “MP3 Encoder”. Click the Ok button to save the settings.
3. Import a file to your iTunes Library and select the file. Right-click on the file and you should be able to see a “Create MP3 Version” option. You can also do this by selecting the file, going to “File” menu, clicking on Convert option and selecting “Create MP3 Version” option.
So that is how to convert MP4 to MP3 in iTunes. Quite simple steps and the output file quality too is quite satisfactory. However, you don’t have any advanced options to manipulate the output quality and for such features, you still have the need of a dedicate tool like DVDFab Video Converter.
Now that we have seen multiple ways how to convert MP4 to MP3, the tool you should opt for MP4 to MP3 conversion depends on your requirement. Online tools don’t guarantee quality or privacy, there are slow due to the time take in upload and download, don’t support batch conversions and don’t provide any advanced setting to control the output file features. Windows Media Player is a tool that anyone using Windows can use freely but again you can’t do batch conversion and the quality is not high. A dedicated tool like DVDFab Video Converter takes care of all these problems and is out there the best answer to the question of how to convert MP4 to MP3 in the best way possible.
DVDFab Video Converter is not a free tool but you can use it during trial period to see for yourself if it passes your benchmarks of quality. Once you are satisfied, you can go ahead and buy the full version of the DVDFab Video Converter to convert all your MP4 files to MP3 easily.
The top-notch video downloader software to download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, and 1000+ other popular audio & video sharing websites.