Top 7 MOV Compressor Tools to Use in 2023
Summary: A MOV compressor is used for many reasons. MOV videos are big in size and cost too much data and time to share with others. In addition to this, these videos require more space on your device. Some social platforms and websites do not support uploading large MOV videos. Due to such reasons, you might need an idea .MOV compressor. This article will list the best MOV file compressor tools. Read below to know more.
Table of Contents
In order to compress a MOV file, an ideal tool is required that can compress the files without any trouble and easily. The tool must not only compress the file but also offer various advanced features. One such tool is DVDFab Video Converter.
Below are some features of the tool:
- This tool is the best file compressor MOV and can also convert video from one format to another.
- This compressor has the ability to convert video to popular audio formats as well as has the ability to playback them on different devices.
- Using its Enlarger AI, the initial low-res video can be upgraded by 300%, from 1080p to 4K, or from 480p to 1080p, without any quality loss.
Follow the below steps to know how to convert MOV videos.
- Download and install DVDFab 12 on your PC. Launch the tool and click the Converter module present in the options bar at the top.
- Upload the source MOV video by dragging and dropping into the main UI. Users can also upload the video using the Add buttons.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu, tap the Choose Other Profile. Users will see Format and Device options in the profile library.
4. Users need to choose one device or format as they wish for.
5. If you have higher requests for the end result, set all the audio and video parameters through the Advanced Settings.
6. Users can deeply personalize the output video with the in-built video editor as well.
7. Next, go to the Save to option and click the folder logo to choose the output directory.
8. Users can directly share the video on YouTube as well.
9. Tap the Start option to convert video fast and free. The tool will instantly convert video to the target folder you have selected. Also, the tool will offer you detailed progress information during the conversion process. Users can cancel anytime the conversion process if they wish to.
VSDC Video Converter is a free MOV file compressor software that supports all well-known video formats, such as AVI, DVD, M4V, MP4, and more. It is simple to use and comes with an in-built editor.
- Enhanced export presets for all devices and formats
- In-built editor to delete, merge, and split files
- Save individual frames or audio tracks from videos
- It is open-source and free.
- It is compatible with most versions of Windows.
- It supports all well-known video formats.
- It provides high-speed conversion with almost no quality loss.
- No support for Mac.
Freemake Video Converter is one of the most suitable free MOV compressor for PC. It shows support for a huge range of outputs, such as ROM, MPG, MP4, WMV, AVI, and several others, so you can select a format that is playable on your device. It is easy to use and user-friendly.
- Export videos directly to YouTube
- Burn and rip DVD/Blu-ray
- Subtitle editing and adding
- Preset profiles for tablets, smartphones, and games consoles
- Join, cut, and rotate MP4 or other clips
- It provides a huge range of features for video compression.
- It has a user-friendly and appealing interface.
- There are no ads.
- No support for Mac
- You will need to wait 3 days for the Web Pack to unlock all enhanced features.
Zamzar is a free online MOV video compressor that you can use on any computer having an internet connection. It supports a huge range of file types, but the free edition restricts you to 2 conversions or compressions in a day. To get rid of this limit, you can log in for the full version on a Pro, Basic, or Business plan from $7 monthly.
- Responsive support
- Personal storage to manage files
- Compress and convert several files at the same time
- Support for more than 1,200 file formats
- There’s no software to install and download.
- The tool is free to use for maximum of two files per day.
- There’s an option of the paid version.
- If your file type is not supported, you can get in touch with the team via email support.
- For files bigger than 400 MB, you will require to upgrade to the Business plan.
- You’re restricted to two files per day with the free edition.
VideoSmaller is a free online platform that can comprise video file size without any loss in quality. It only supports a restricted number of video formats: AVI, MP4, MOV, and MPEG. It also limits video size to 500 MB.
- Low compression level feature
- Easy compression and upload
- Get rid of audio from video
- There are no complex features to learn.
- It is easy to use.
- It is free to use.
- You are limited with an upload size of 500MB
- It does not support too many video formats
- There are no enhanced features.
- There is no support available if things go south
Clideo is an online compressor free and simple to use as well as safe. Even though it does not have many extra features, it does allow you to upload files from the cloud such as and it allows you to preview files prior to processing them.
- Preview feature
- Simple interface
- Upload files from Dropbox and Google Drive
- Secure encryption
- It is free and easy to use.
- It provides quick compression speeds.
- It is online, so there is no software to download.
- It works with the most well-known video formats
- It doesn’t really provide any other features such as conversion or editing.
CloudConvert is a free online compressor and converter. It supports a huge range of formats and has a strong API for integrations. It is simple to use, but the free version caps you to 25 files daily. To compress more files, you will require to log in for a subscription (rolling monthly payments) or a package (one-time payment).
- Support for a huge range of formats
- Easy online interface
- Comprehensive online user guide to assist on getting started
- The tool is simple to use.
- You can compress up to 25 files for free daily.
- Costing beyond 25 files daily is affordable.
- The user guide might be overwhelming for new learners.
Does converting MOV files impact the video quality?
If a MOV file has audio and video streams that are also used in different formats, then the conversion of the file includes only rewrapping the streams with the MOV with another format container. This will not impact the quality of the vide.
Is MP4 video smaller in size as compared to MOV?
MOV files usually come with almost no compression with more bitrate video files. They have large file sizes and are very high in quality. Conversely, MP4 files are also highly compressed video files. The quality is often indistinguishable from uncompressed video, but the file sizes are relatively smaller.
Having said that, you just had a look at different MOV compressor tools that can be used to reduce the file size. Among those, DVDFab Video Converter is the best option to use. The tool can be used without any trouble and easily. It not only compresses the file but also offers various advanced features.