How to Convert MP4 to WAV?
Summary: Do you wish to convert MP4 to WAV? Here are great MP4 to WAV converters and detailed conversion steps for your reference.
The Most Complete DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD/Video SolutionsDVDFab 12 offers the world's best services related to DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD/Video. It can copy, convert, or create DVDs/Blu-rays/UHDs and remove their cinavia protection if they are protected. Their original qualities can be preserved or even enhanced under the help of an AI-powered enlarger tool of DVDFab 12. Additionally, DVDFab 12 allows you to change video formats and as well as remove DRM protection.
Do you wish to convert MP4 to WAV? Well, there are quite a few ways you can do so. All you need to do is find the perfect software for it. The ideal software which will convert MP4 to WAV is one which has all the needed features. Regardless of which software you choose, you must learn how to convert MP4 to WAV.
To make the process easier for you, we have listed the step-by-step process of converting MP4 to WAV. However, before this, you must learn how to differentiate between MP4 and WAV.
MP4 vs WAV: What Are They?
WAV stands for Waveform Audio File. If you have ever listened to music on a CD, you can easily identify the audio quality of WAV audio. It is a lossless audio file that a Windows PC may use. You will also find Apple and iOS systems delivering the format.
The major difference between WAV and MP4 is the size of the file in question. While WAV files are quite large, MP4 files, which have a lossy format, are not.
When it comes to popularity and awareness, MP4 takes the lead. It is much more compatible than WAV formats. However, if you wish for excellent sound quality, MP4 is not your best bet and you will need to convert MP4 to WAV.
How to Convert MP4 to WAV via DVDFab Video Converter
DVDFab Video Converter is the best MP4 to WAV converter out there. The video converter delivers a fast speed as well as professional output. Additionally, it is easy to use and, hence, perfect for beginners and professionals alike.
The DVDFab Video Convertor is equipped with the ability to read all types of video formats and convert them into video or audio format. The fact that you can either copy the entire video or parts of it allows this video convertor to deliver great control to users.
Here is how you can use DVDFab Video Converter to convert MP4 to WAV.
1. Begin by loading the video on DVDFab Video Converter. To do so, you must go to the converter module on the software.First, add the MP4 video you want to convert.
2. You will be able to see a profile library on the left top side of the homepage. Click on it. Then go to format, then audio and finally WAV. This will allow you to select the WAV profile. If you want to extract an audio clip or a part of audio, you should choose a video format randomly and then use the built-in editor to trim out the video (audio) part you don’t want and then come back to the profile library to choose the WAV format.
3. Does the file you have selected have various audio clips and tracks? Do you wish to extract a particular one? If so, it is time to customize the settings of the software. This helps extract any given audio. To do so, find the audio tab in the interface. When you click on it, a dropdown list will appear. This option lets you select different audio tracks. Then go to “Advanced settings.” Decide and choose the parameters of the audio. This will allow you to extract the audio with the specific parameters. If you want to, you can also change the name of the track you extracted.
4. Once you have extracted the audio, press on the icon that appears like a folder. You will see this at the bottom of the interface. By selecting it, you can now save the audio in any directory. After doing so, press the “Start” tab. This will initiate the conversion process.
Other Tools You Can Use
While DVDFab might be your best option, it is certainly not the only option. There are a few other tools out there that get the job done. Here are some of them.
Convert MP4 to WAV with HandBrake Video Converter
The HandBrake Video Converter comes ready for use. You can either select a profile for your given device or use the universal profile that the converter has created. This profile can easily convert standard files into high-quality options. Since it can convert all types of audio files, whether it be DVD or Blu-ray, it can easily convert MP4 to WAV using the following steps:
1. Choose a source by clicking on the “Source” button and selecting “Open File” when the dropdown options appear. Choose the file you wish to convert and click “Open.”
2. Change the output to WAV and select a location for the output file by searching in “Browse.”
3. Click “Start” to begin the conversion.
Convert MP4 to WAV with Format Factory
Format Factory works on a Windows system. It can convert all files including MP4 files to audio files. On top of this, it helps reduce the size of the given file. Since WAV files are generally larger, this feature helps combat the issue. Here is how to convert files to WAV:
1. Run Format Factory.
2. From the output setting options, select WAV.
3. Select the file you want to convert.
4. Press the start button and the conversion will start. The file will get saved in the Format Factory folder by default.
Convert MP4 to WAV with Freemake Video Converter
This is a free video converter that can transform MP4 to WAV. Moreover, it can extract audio and visuals directly off YouTube videos and other streaming sites. Since it is compatible with almost any device, it has universal use, so you can easily use it without any hassle. Convert to WAV via the following steps:
1. Run the Freemake Video Convertor.
2. Add the file you want to convert. You can add multiple files by clicking on “Join Files.”
3. On the bottom of the interface, you will see different output options. Select WAV.
Convert MP4 to WAV with MediaCoder
MediaCoder is a tool that lets you adjust different parameters just like DVDFab. This feature means you can extract a given audio without an issue. While MediaCoder is quite difficult for a newbie to operate, the fast audio conversion feature makes up for it. Here is the conversion process:
1. Open MediaCoder.
2. Click on “Add File” and add the file you wish to convert.
3. Select WAV as the output and choose an output destination.
Do You Have to Download the Software?
Are you lazy when it comes to downloading software? Well, don’t worry. You can still convert MP4 files to WAV. There are online converters like OnlineVideoConverter.com out there as well. However, their features might not be as good as ones that a tool like DVDFab might have.
The Online Video Converter is a program you can use. It can support different types of audio files including MP4. Not only can you use it to extract audio from video files, but you can also control other features. This includes quality and frequency of the output. Since it is online, you don’t necessarily need to import files and you can simply add them via a URL.
Regardless of which converter you choose, the fact remains that you can easily convert MP4 files to WAV. While there are numerous converters that can help you in this endeavor, DVDFab Video Converter is the best option of the lot. This is because it is very easy to operate and convenient to use. Moreover, the audio quality of the output is excellent as well.
This doesn’t mean the other options are not up to par. For those of you who find them satisfactory, you can go ahead and use them instead.
At the end of the day, what matters is the convertor’s ability to convert MP4 to WAV. Once you know the basics of how to do so, the journey will be easier.