How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription
Summary: HBO Max is a popular and widely used streaming website that entertains the users through its huge amount of original content and different movies, seasons, cartoons, TV shows, etc. However, there are certain cases where users might think about canceling the service, even though not permanently. In this article, we will find out how to cancel the HBO Max subscription through your phone, computer, or the website in just a few easy steps.
- • The only one to download the latest videos as 720p or 1080p MP4 videos of your choice
- • Auto-download new TV episodes to save you the trouble of manual download
- • Use Batch-Download and Hardware Acceleration for better efficiency
- • Accessible to the free trial of all downloaders, including Netflix, Amazon and more
Table of Contents
The monthly subscription fee of HBO Max is around 15 $, which is not bad if you compare this streaming service with other similar services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix. But still, you may find it a bit more expensive than the others. The not-so-pocket friendliness of HBO Max might lead you to HBO Max cancel your subscription. But you might be confused about it and ask how do I cancel the HBO Max subscription?
Do you want to watch HBO tv shows and movies but you are out of the internet at the moment? Well, do not worry. We are here with an amazing all-in-one solution, the StreamFab HBO downloader.
Streamfab HBO HBO download allows you to download any video from HBO and HBO Max that can easily be saved to be viewed later, even when you are offline. Isn’t this great?
Moreover, you can download the 4k UHD shows and movies also. If you have devices that support 4k display, you can download your movies in 4k quality and enjoy your HBO Max entertainment with your family, and have a theater-like movie-watching experience in the comfort of your home.
For HBO Max to cancel the subscription, you need to get to the customer service of HBO Max where you would get help regarding how to cancel the HBO Max subscription. But this process may be somehow tricky and challenging. Canceling an HBO Max subscription depends upon how you are paying for this service. You might have subscribed for the streaming service via a satellite tv providing service or a cable service. So you will need to contact your provider in this case.
It might be possible that you may have signed up with HBO Max directly. This is the case where canceling the HBO Max subscription is comparatively easier. This is because you can easily perform this cancellation on the streaming website, or through an app on your Android or iPhone.
Let’s find out how to cancel the HBO Max subscription through the website.
- Log in to the HBO Max website by entering your username and password.
- On the top right corner of the page, you will find your username.
- Click on your username
- A menu will open.
- Click the option “Subscription”
- Then you will find some options on the left panel.
- Click “manage Subscription”
- A new window will pop up.
- Select the option saying “ Cancel subscription”
- Now you will be asked for the reason for this cancelation.
- Select any reason you want from the given options in the list.
- You will be asked again if you want to confirm this cancelation.
- Select “yes, cancel subscription”
- Now, check out the confirmation page and the subscription’s expiry date.
- By doing so, you do have a chance to resume the subscription whenever you want.
Using a mobile phone such as an Android or iPhone, or iPad to cancel an HBO Max subscription is quite easy. You can terminate your HBO Max subscription through your mobile device by following these steps:
- Log in to your Hbo Max app
- At the bottom right of the home screen, you will see a profile icon
- Tap the profile icon
- On the upper left corner, you will see a gear-shaped settings icon
- Tap this settings icon
- The next screen will soon appear
- Over here, click on Billing Information
- Depending upon the service provider of your HBO Max subscription, you will get two different options now.
- If you get the option “Manage Subscription”, tap it.
- Now, you will find the option “Cancel Subscription”
- Tap it.
- Sometimes, instead of “manage subscription”, you get the option “Learn More”.
- If you get the Learn More option, tap it.
- You will see a list of HBO Max service providers.
- Search your service provider. Select it.
- Finally, cancel your HBO Max subscription by clicking “Cancel Subscription”.
Do you prefer to manage your HBO Max subscription through your computer? If in any case, you decide to HBO Max cancel your subscription, using your desktop or laptop is a good option, no matter whether you have Mac or Windows OS. Follow these steps to cancel HBO Max with your computer device.
- Visit HboMax.com.
- On the top right corner, you will find the option “sign-in”
- Tap it.
- Sign in in case you are not already signed in, otherwise, log into the website using your password and username.
- On your home screen, you will see the option “Billing Information”
- Click on it.
- Select Manage Subscription.
- Now select Cancel subscription
- You will be asked for the reason for canceling the subscription.
- Click on any reason on the list.
- Finally, you will be asked if you want to confirm the cancellation.
- Click “Yes, Cancel Subscription”.
Several factors might make you think about balancing the HBO Max subscription, no matter how much you love it.
Let’s move ahead and have a look at those reasons:
- Quite Expensive
Due to its high-quality third-party licensed content and prestigious programming, the monthly subscription fee of HBO Max is around 15$, which might be a bit heavy on the pockets of many. This price, when compared to the charges of other similar websites like Netflix, is a bit hard to swallow. Netflix has a monthly subscription fee of around 9$. According to some sources and reports, in August 2021, Netflix offered upto 3,600 tv shows and 3,700 movies. On the other hand, HBO Max offered only 2,200 movies and 1,500 tv shows, which is not even half what Netflix offered, even when charging approximately 6$ more.
- Not Very Exciting Original Content
The original offered by HBO Max has not been too successful, of course, if you take away Game of Thrones. Various originals like Lovecraft Country, Raised by Wolves, and The Flight Attendant didn't go very well like the Squid Games or Tiger King which were featured on Netflix.
- Shows Debut on Weekly Basis
Most of the original content’s entire season on Netflix is released at one time. This allows you to speed through the content and watch as many episodes as you like at one time. Whereas, HBO Max drops each episode weekly.
- Lack of Investment in Global Cinema
The international category of HBO Max has a good amount of content, still, if we compare it to other streaming websites like Netflix, you will feel that HBO Max hasn't invested much in global cinema. Netflix allows you to watch international content along with dubbing and subtitles, but this has not been the case with HBO Max.
These reasons sound appropriate to make someone cancel their HBO Max subscription. This cancelation might not be permanent and it might be possible that you would resume the subscription after some time. It all depends on what type of content you love to watch.
No doubt HBO Max is one of the most widely used streaming websites. With a huge number of original content displayed in high quality, people love to watch their favorite tv shows, cartoons, movies, series, and seasons on HBO Max. However, several reasons might want you to cancel the HBO Max subscription, such as being more expensive than other similar streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu, etc. There is one important thing to remember, deleting the HBO Max app does not mean that your subscription has been canceled. Follow the steps mentioned in this article to cancel the HBO Max subscription properly, otherwise, you will be charged for the service.
Yes, canceling an HBO Max subscription through your computer is very easy. All you need to do to log into the website and manage the subscription. Click on the cancel option and provide a reason for cancellation.
NO! Uninstalling the HBO Max app on mobile devices has no connection to canceling the subscription to HBO Max. You need to follow the proper cancellation steps to stop being charged for the website services.