Quick Solutions to Fix YouTube Won’t Play on iPhone
Summary: Want to fix the problem that YouTube not playing on iPhone? Here are quick solutions for you to solve the problem. There is also a bonus tip for you to download YouTube to iPhone.
- • Download videos and music from YouTube free
- • Help you enjoy favorite YouTube contents offline
- • Work fast without quality loss
- • Easy-to-use for beginners and safe
Most of us go on YouTube on a daily basis to watch the latest music videos, movie trailers, internet shows, and so much more. Most of us also choose to visit YouTube from our phones because it’s often more convenient and you can do it on the go. While you can usually rely on the mobile app to work properly, sometimes YouTube won’t play on your iPhone and it can be hard to figure out why. Well, don’t worry because that’s what we’re here for. There are a few easy solutions that can fix that problem for you and it’s useful to learn about them even if you don’t currently have problems with the app. Who knows, someday you might so it always pays to be prepared.
Part 1: Solutions to fix YouTube won’t play on iPhone
Reboot Your iPhone
It’s sometimes worth starting out with the simplest solution before you try anything more complicated. A lot of the time when YouTube won’t play on iPhone it’s because of software issues that can easily be fixed by simply rebooting your phone. Unfortunately, this won’t work every day because it depends on what the problem is, but you’d be surprised at just how often a reboot will get the YouTube app back in working order.
Make Sure Everything is up to Date
This goes without saying but pretty much any good app receives updates every once in a while that fixes bugs, adds new features, and generally helps it run better. If you come across a situation where you can access the website but YouTube videos won’t play on your iPhone, it might be because you’re using an older version of the app. Luckily, fixing this issue is just a matter of going to the App Store and accessing the Updates tab. There, you’ll see if there are any new updates available for all of your apps, including YouTube. While you’re at it, you may want to check if your OS is also up to date. Updates are usually installed automatically but they can sometimes fail to install due to internet connection issues or other problems.
Clear Your Cache
Using an app like YouTube for extended periods of time without clearing its cache is bound to eventually cause problems. These problems can come in many shapes and forms so it’s entirely possible that a large number of cache files is why YouTube won’t play on your iPhone. To fix that issue, open YouTube and then got to the menu where you will find a little icon shaped like a gear. Tab that icon and then go to the Privacy section to delete cached data that you no longer need.
Part 2: How to Download YouTube Videos to iPhone for Offline Watching
The main appeal of YouTube is that it allows you to easily watch videos online but that only works as long as you have a stable internet connection. Otherwise, it’s a good idea to download them on your computer and then transfer them to your iPhone. In order to download your favorite videos, we recommend using DVDFab YouTube Video Downloader. The tool does exactly what it says and allows you to download any number of videos from the platform at lightning-fast speeds while also converting them to MP4 files for easy viewing in the process. So, whenever YouTube won’t play on your iPhone, you may want to try using this tool instead. Here’s how it works:
1. Open the new DVDFab 11 main client and go to the Utilities tab. Here, look for a tool called YouTube Video Downloader and open it.
2. Use the tool’s interface just like you would use any regular version of YouTube to search for the video/s you want to download. Select a video from the list and then play as you would normally do on your phone or computer.
3. With the video now playing, you’ll notice that there’s a blue Download button in the upper left corner of the screen. That button actually doubles as a drop-down menu that you can use to pick the video quality of the output file. Pick an option, change the destination folder if needed, and then proceed to the final step.
4. Go to the Download tab to monitor the progress of the download. Once the process is complete, you can use an additional free tool known as DVDFab File Transfer to wirelessly transfer your new videos directly to your iPhone.
If you’ve made it to the end of this article, you should now have a pretty good idea of what to do when YouTube won’t play on your iPhone. If the problem happens to you more often than you would like, consider downloading videos locally with DVDFab YouTube Video Downloader and then transfer them wirelessly with the help of DVDFab File Transfer.