Top 11 Best Free DVD Makers
Posted by WiKi11130
Summary: Here we have made a list of top 11 best free DVD makers for you to burn videos to DVDs on your Windows or Mac easily and quickly. You can choose your favoirte to create a DVD from any format of files with a menu.
How to create a DVD from FLV files with menu embedded on Windows or Mac? The answers are easy to seek. There are 11 free DVD makers introduced. Make good preparations for DVD making and choose the best DVD maker you like.
The greatest peace lies in knowing that even if your computer hard disk, unfortunately, happens to crash, your videos and important data will still remain intact and viewable. So you need to save these files and data or write them on a DVD disk.
In order to write or “burn” these data on to a DVD, you will need a DVD maker. Thankfully with the advancement in technology, today we have multitudes of free dvd maker for Windows 10, Windows, and Mac available over the Internet.
In order to make a DVD from MP4 or other fomarts of files with a menu, you need to prepare four things in advance. They are a DVD writer, a blank DVD, a qualified DVD creator, as well as your video/audio/image files. Among them, it is obvious that a DVD cretor matters a lot. So, we are going to explore which one to adopt from the 11 free DVD makers below.
For your convenience, we have charted the 5 best free DVD maker software in this article. Keep reading to know more about them.
Avi2DVD is surely one of the best free DVD makers. This application has been designed for a very professional look and offers a variety of useful features too. It comes with an intuitive interface that has been created with minimal complications so that it remains free of clutter. It is therefore easy to use for even the newbies. All the buttons and controls can be found out easily. It can be used to work with HD videos in mkv, avi, and mp4 formats. Avi2Dvd can run in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.
2. Sothink DVD movie maker
Sothink DVD Movie Maker is another amazing free dvd creator that you can use on your Windows computer. You can write your DVDs using any file format, since it supports a large number of file formats like MP4, WMA, AVI, MKV, 3GP, TS, VOB, M4V, and others. The best feature about this software is that you can also save the DVD file in the ISO format or some different DVD format. And you can also burn those to the DVD by using any other 3rd party DVD creator software.
3. DVD Styler
One of the very popular free dvd maker software, the DVD Styler is a powerful application with an attractive layout that also easy to operate. It is so simple to use that you will not need any extra knowledge for creating DVDs using it. You will also not need to refer to the user manual of this software too. This software also allows you to include subtitles or audio files to make interesting videos. This DVD creator software supports a wide variety of file formats which include MPEG, MP4, AVI, WMV, and OGG among others. This free DVD maker can work on Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
4. Winx DVD Author
Definitely, one of the best free dvd maker for Windows the Winx DVD Author comes absolutely free of cost and is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7. This software is loaded with various useful features. Its interface is simple and intuitive. The best thing is that you can burn DVDs in only 3 steps.
It offers free menu options, and you can also include subtitles, change background images and also add music.
This free dvd creator application helps you to design your own DVDs in the shortest time and very easily too. DeVeDe comes with all the basic features using which you can create as per your choice. Moreover, it also allows you to create VCD, Super video CD, CVD and DivX and others.
There are various additional features included in this software. You can add information about your video, for example, original size of the video, final size, mention the aspect ratio of its output and so on. Other video properties like audio rate, video rate, video format of the output, the scaling mode etc can also be included to make it technically rich. The free DVD maker software is available for Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10.
6. Wondershare DVD Creator
Wondershare DVD Creator is able to convert images/videos/music to a DVD disk or ISO file.
Input video: 150+ formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV WMV, Xvid
Input image formats: BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, ICO and etc.
Video editor(Paid): trim, crop, add watermark and transition effects and background music
Paid DVD Menu templates with themes ranging from Holiday to Nature
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7 and Mac
How to Make a DVD out of images/AVI video/Music with Wondershare DVD Creator:
(1) Download and install DVD Maker to your Windows or Mac
(2) Start DVD Maker and import your images or AVI video
(3) Edit your video by clicking the “Pencil” icon (Optional)
(4) Choose your favorite DVD menu template for you AVI video or you can design you own menu
(5) Preview the video and save it as ISO
(6) Choose output folder and click “Burn” to start DVD making
7. Windows DVD Maker
Convert videos to DVD disc or ISO file. $59.95 for all its functions.
Input: 60 video formats (featuring AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, Divx, MPEG, RM, Quicktime)
Supported DVDs: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-5, DVD-9, Mini DVD, Mimi DVD DL
DVD menu: Yes
Edit subtitle, create DVD with own subtitles up to 32 for each video
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista.
How to create DVD out of WMV video with Windows DVD Maker:
(1) Get Windows DVD Maker launched on your Windows
(2) Import your WMV video to this software
(3) Choose one menu style you like
(4) Add music and transition effects if you need
(5) Set the output destination and create your DVD
8. DVD Flick
Burn videos to a DVD, making it available on a DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set.
Input: over 45 formats of videos, over 40 audios and over 60 video codecs
Available in English, Brazilian, Czech, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Russian and Pig Latin.
Add audio tracks, subtitles, menu to your videos
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista (512 MB memory required) and Windows 7
How to create a DVD out of a FLV video with DVD Flick:
(1) Get DVD Flick started on your Windows
(2) Open “Project settings” > “Burning” > choose “Burn project to disc”/“Speed” ... > “Accept”
(3) Click “Add title” on the right > Locate your video > Create DVD
9. iSkysoft DVD Creator
Burn videos/Photo to a DVD disc or ISO file
Video editor: crop/trim/rotate/enhance video; add image/text/watermark/subtitles
DVD menu: Yes
Input video formats : MOV, MKV, MPEG, MP4, AVI,WMV,MTS, TS, VOB, M4V, FLV, MPG, MOD
Output: DVD disc/folders/ISO files (Self-made or downloaded from YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
Compatible with Windows and Mac
How to Create a DVD from a MOD Video with iSkysoft DVD Creator:
(1) Download iSkysoft DVD Creator and start it
(2) Click “Create a New Project”
(3) Add pictures or Videos
(4) Choose a menu template
(5) Customize the video based on your needs
(6) Click “Burn” in the toolbar and choose its output format like “Save as ISO”
(7) Start burning the file and locate it by clicking “Open Folder”
10. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter. a good DVD maker, is compatible with Windows. When you download Freemake Video Converter, be careful of the installation of adware named Pluto TV, which is not a virus but will hide in both your operating system and your web browser. So, you’d better stop the installation of this useless program.
Input video formats not protected(500+): MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD, 3GP, SWF, FLV, HD, MOV, RM, QT, Divx, Xvid, TS, MTS, Fraqs encoded by H.264, MKV, MPEG4 and AAC.
Audio: MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, FALC, MLP, M4R, QCP, RA, RMJ, TTA, VOC, W64
Image: BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, ANM, DPX, JPEG
Video editor and template need money
How to create a DVD out of a MKV video with Freemake Video Converter:
(1) Drag your MKV video to Freemake Video Converter (supporting batch import)
(2) Customize it through the “Subtitle” and with the video editors under each video
(3) Enable the option of “Join files” in the upper-right corner
(4) Click “to DVD” at the bottom
(5) Name the DVD, choose its destination folder, menu and video quality
(6) Click the button of “Burn”
These are the top 10 free DVD makers to create a DVD with a menu template. For a certain reason or another, none of them can be regarded as the No.1 DVD maker. So, you might as well make a decision after seeing the last but the most advanced and professional DVD maker - DVDFab DVD Creator.
For all those who are looking for an advanced dvd maker to use on your Windows PC or Mac, you must try out the DVDFab DVD Creator software.
Want to know why?
* This amazing DVD maker software can merge various video files on one DVD disk, be it the ones recorded on your camera or the ones that you have downloaded, including M2TS, MP4, MKV, TS, WMV, MOV, WMA, FLV, 3GP, M4V etc. Its supported video fromats are more than any one of the above ten DVD makers.
* It can not only burn videos to blank DVD discs, but also convert videos to DVD folders and ISO files.
* It does not end there, for you can also choose from the following output formats like DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R DL.
* This DVD creator software comes with a simple interface that makes it really user-friendly.
* It features a super-fast burning speed and provides high-quality outputs.
* There are scores of other options for the menu template too, and you can easily pick from.
* Another very useful feature of this application is that you can easily customize your DVD menu in any of your desired formats by choosing from the various frames, font and background themes available.
These are among the best free dvd maker for Windows or Mac platform that you can download and use for free. They all support the latest and slightly older versions of Windows and can be used to keep your videos and important data safe and portable.
And to get all exciting features in a single DVD creator software, don’t forget to check out the DVDFab application.
Featuring the most advanced DVD copy technologies, DVDFab DVD Copy allows you to make premium backup copies to your legally purchased DVD movie/TV Show discs at home, for non-commercial use. With 6 versatile backup modes catering various demands, you can copy your DVDs in the way that fits your situation best.