Top 7 Free MP4 to DVD Converters for Windows, MacOS & Online
Summary: How do I convert MP4 to DVD? If this question bothers you, you have arrived at the right place. This article provides a comprehensive review of the best MP4 to DVD converters available for both Windows and Mac OS. Each software is evaluated based on its features, ease of use, and conversion quality.
Table of Contents
- How to Convert MP4 to DVD: 6 Converters For Windows & Mac
MP4 videos can take ample storage space on your computer. However, you can upload it to cloud service or convert MP4 to DVD and safely keep it with you without compromising on the quality. Earlier Windows versions had Windows DVD Maker to create DVDs from video formats. However, the latest versions lack its support, and you may find yourself searching for competent MP4 to DVD software.
This article will guide you with the best MP4 to DVD converters free and paid options for Windows and Mac computers. We will deeply review each software's features and cons and show you step-by-step instructions on how to convert MP4 files to DVD. Let's find out.
When you need help converting MP4 to DVD format, look no further, as these 6 free and paid MP4 to DVD converters will help you instantly convert your videos to DVD discs. Let's look at each one of them.
- Input: MKV, MP4, AVI, M2TS, TS, MOV, WMV, WMA, 3GP, FLV, etc.
- Output: DVD-9/-5, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL.
- Create your own DVD menu with various stylish templates.
- Batch burn videos to DVDs at GPU-hardware-accelerated speed.
- Generate original metadata information for media server.
How to convert MP4 to DVD with DVDFab DVD Creator?
Step 1: Launch DVDFab DVD Creator and Load MP4 Videos
Download and install DVDFab 13, which includes many modules enabling you to copy, rip, create, or convert DVD, Blu ray, and UHD discs, convert MKV to MP4, and more.
After launching the software, let's select the "Creator" module first and choose the mode of 'DVD Creator'. Then, click on the "Add" button to load your source MP4 video files, or simply drag and drop them to the main interface.
Step 2: Customize Your Own DVD and Make DVD Menu
After DVDFab finishes analyzing your file(s), the Name, Runtime, Audio, Subtitle information will be displayed on the main interface. You can choose your preferred audio tracks and subtitle language, or add external subtitles. Also, you get rid of the subtitle by clicking "None".
There are two options to customize your DVD: "Advanced Settings" and "Menu Settings". Using the former option, you can set the output DVD name, type (DVD 5 or DVD 9), and video resolution, such as 'Same as the source' or 'Fit to Disc'. You can also set the "Menu Properties" and "Playback Mode."
Click "Menu Settings" and you will be able to fully use the built-in DVD menu creator. You can choose a menu template you like and personalize all the elements and widgets inside it, such as applying a background image, editing text font, color, and size, adjusting thumbnails, and playingback buttons such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next. Afterwards, click the button "OK".
Step 3: Select an Output Directory
Move to the bottom of the main interface to select an output directory. There are three options: Hard Drive (Disc), Folder, ISO file.
- Convert MP4 to play on DVD player: choose the first option - Disc (Hard Drive)
- Save the MP4 to DVD file on computer in a folder: choose the second option - Folder
- Output a DVD from MP4 videos in ISO format: choose the third option - ISO
Step 4: Start the MP4 to DVD Conversion Process
Finally, click the "Start" button to start the burning process. The advanced GPU acceleration technology behind DVDFab DVD Creator ensures you a 50x faster DVD burning speed. In addition, DVDFab is able to bulk burn MP4 to DVD Windows 10, so you can add multiple videos and finish the whole task with just one click.
EaseFab DVD Creator is another powerful yet lightweight MP4 to DVD solution that offers ease of use with advanced options. GPU hardware acceleration also allows fast conversion speed and excellent quality. This DVD authoring software provides over 70 input formats and easily handles even 8K resolution. Also, EaseFab's powerful compressing features offer accessible customizable settings.
- • Creates a DVD from any kind of video file/audio and image
- • Offers a built-in video editor to edit videos
- • Automatically and manually inserts chapters in long videos
- • Offers an ultra-fast DVD-burning speed with advanced technology
- • Enables to customize DVD with free DVD menu templates
- It does not offer a full free version
- It does not provide flexible pricing options
How to Convert MP4 to DVD with EaseFab DVD Creator?
Step 1: Download and launch EaseFab DVD Creator from its official website.
Step 2: Drag and drop your MP4 videos to the program's main interface.
Step 3: Customize the DVD menu templates according to your preferences.
Step 4: Preview the output and convert MP4 to DVD discs.
Any Video Converter is a powerful, free MP4 Video to DVD converter without ads, spyware, malware, and watermarks. It offers a comprehensive free toolbox to download, convert, and edit videos. You can use the program to convert MP4 to DVD and other popular formats absolutely free and adjust audio volume with audio effects.
Any Video Converter Ultimate is a pro software version with 30x faster speed and advanced features, including converting DVDs and CDs into popular video formats. It also offers batch video adding and conversion and free DVD menu templates for customization.
- • Supports NTSC and PAL TV systems
- • Enables to convert videos, extract audio, and edit video like a pro successfully
- • Convert any videos to DVD discs in simple steps
- • Allows downloading online videos and audio tracks
- • Allows burning 720p or 1080p AVCHD DVD
- • Offers ready-to-use presets, making videos playable on iPads, iPods, iPhones, and more devices
- The free version installs additional software
- The slow-burning speed consumes a lot of time
How to Convert MP4 to DVD with Any Video Converter?
Step 1: Install and run Any Video Converter on your computer.
Step 2: Move to the Burn DVD window at the top and click Add Video(s) option.
Step 3: Select DVD video NTSC Movie or DVD video PAL Movie, depending on your TV system.
Step 4: Tap Convert NOW! To convert digital files like MP4 to DVD.
Step 5: Click OK in the DVD Burning Engine window so that the drive will eject the disc automatically.
MacX Video Converter is a super-fast DVD maker that enables conversion to numerous formats with over 370 codec libraries. It helps you convert MP4 to DVD format or any other format/device you name, including over 400 video file types. Moreover, it supports compression features for 4K video files. You can decode and encode HEVC/H.265 without hassle.
- • Easily convert popular formats like MP4 to DVD format
- • Supports DVD discs, ISO files, DVD folders, and VOB files
- • Allows an easy and high-quality video transcoding of up to 4K UHD
- • Extract audio from the original video with a flexible parameter setting
- • Allows conversion of multiple videos at the same time
- • Convert videos at a 5x faster speed
- Offers limited editing features
- Only a handful of online videos can be downloaded and saved successfully
How to Convert MP4 to DVD with MacX Video Converter?
Step 1: Install and launch the MacX Video Converter.
Step 2: Drag and drop your selected MP4 videos in this software.
Step 3: Tap the clapperboard icon on the right side. Then move down and tap the DVD, and click Done.
Step 4: Tap the Run button at the screen's bottom and convert MP4 to DVD format.
Leawo DVD Creator is a comprehensive and powerful Mp4 to DVD converter with powerful burning functions and top speed without losing quality. It helps you convert MP4 to DVD format and burn over 180 formats at 6x faster speed in multiple formats. This DVD burning software for Windows 10 enables you to preserve original video quality when burning video to DVD. You can edit and add a watermark to make it your own style.
- • Creates DVD from any video and photos
- • Offers free and customizable disc menu templates
- • Enables the creation of DVD with a blazing speed at high quality
- • Allows editing video with personalized style
- • Convert photos into slideshows and burn quickly to DVD
- It does not offer high-level video editing functions
- It does not support creating Blu-ray discs
- Some DVD menu templates are outdated and troublesome
How to Convert MP4 to DVD with Leawo DVD Creator?
Step 1: Download and launch Leawo DVD Creator on your computer. And put a blank playable disc on your computer's drive to complete the burning task.
Step 2: Click Add Video to import the MP4 video to the program's main interface. Or, drag the MP4 file directly to the program.
Step 3: Set disc menu templates by either DIY your own disc menu or choosing one from the templates library from the right column.
Step 4: After selecting the templates, tap the Burn button at the upper-right corner to initiate the DVD burning process. Then, confirm other options like Burn to, Disc Label, and Save to.
Aiseesoft DVD Creator is a professional MP4 to DVD converter that burns videos, images, and audio to DVD/ISO files and folders at super-high quality. Its customizable menus and powerful editing features help create and convert MP4 to DVD format with ease. You can pick your preferred audio track and subtitle or add one for the burned DVD.
- • Creates DVD files/folders and ISO files from any kind of video
- • Assists with customizable DVD menu templates
- • Allows choosing a preferred audio track and subtitle for DVD
- • Supports editing videos to enhance the DVD creation
- • Helps preview all effects and changes when the video burns to DVD
- The program won't run in earlier Windows versions
- Multiple errors when creating the DVD
How to Convert MP4 to DVD with Aiseesoft DVD Creator?
Step 1: Download, install, and launch Aiseesoft DVD Creator and click Add File to load the MP4 file into the program.
Step 2: Put a blank playable DVD disc into the device's drive.
Step 3: Check the options like Edit, Audio Track, Subtitle, and Menu buttons to edit your DVD before conversion.
Step 4: Preview your file, tap Burn to convert MP4 to ISO or DVD, and store it on the local disk for backup.
We have shared detailed insights into all the best MP4 to DVD converters. If you want to pick one among them, here are a few features that can help you compare them. Let's glance.
|MP4 to DVD Converter
|DVDFab DVD Creator
& macOS 10.10-13
|DVD disc, folder,
|50x Faster DVD
|EaseFab DVD Creator
|Windows PC XP/7/8//10/11
& MacOS X 10.7 or later
|DVD disc, folder,
|Leawo DVD Creator
|Windows PC 7/8/8.1/10/11
& macOS 10.13/.../13/14
|DVD disc, folder,
|6x faster speed
|MacX Video Converter
|Mac OS X 10.6 and later
|5x Faster DVD
|Aiseesoft DVD Creator
|Windows PC XP/7/8/10/11
& MacOS X 10.7 or later
|DVD disc, folder,
|Any Video Converter
|Windows PC 11/10 (64 bit)
Online MP4 to DVD converters are convenient and accessible, as they do not require any software installation. This section presents two of the best online conversion tools along with their pros and cons.
Zamzar is an online file conversion tool that allows users to convert files from one format to another. One of the many conversion options available on Zamzar is the ability to convert MP4 files to DVD.
In addition to its MP4 to DVD conversion functionality, Zamzar offers various other features:
- Wide range of supported formats: Zamzar supports conversion between a vast array of file formats, including audio, video, image, document, eBook, and more.
- Comprehensive format compatibility: Zamzar supports both popular and obscure file formats, ensuring a wider range of file compatibility for users.
- Multi-format conversions: Users can convert files not only to DVD format but also to other video formats. It also supports conversions to audio formats like MP3, WAV, FLAC, and others.
- Customizable output settings: Zamzar allows users to customize certain output settings like video resolution, bitrate, and frame rate.
To convert an MP4 to DVD using this free DVD burning software, you need to follow a few simple steps.
Select DVD as output format
Select DVD from the list of available formats. Zamzar supports various DVD formats, including DVD Video PAL, DVD Video NTSC, DVD Video SECAM, and more. Users can also choose the video resolution (e.g., 480p, 720p, 1080p) for their DVD conversion.
Provide an email address
This email address is used to deliver the download link of the converted files once the conversion process is complete. Then click on the Convert button to start the conversion process. Zamzar will begin converting the uploaded MP4 file(s) to the selected DVD format.
Receive the download link
Once the conversion is complete, Zamzar sends an email notification to the provided email address. The user can click on the link to download the DVD file(s) to their computer or any desired storage location.
Generally, traditional and older DVD players allow clips with a specific resolution and BVOP specs with limited capabilities, so only a handful of them can play MPEG-4 footage. Many DVD players recognize only MPEG-2 in VOB format and do not play MP4 or WebMD files directly. So you must convert MP4 to DVD to play them easily on DVD players.
Choosing the best MP4 to DVD converter depends on your needs and budget. Amongst freeware, you can try Any Video Converter. DVDFab DVD Creator is a popular software known for its DVD creation capabilities and support for various video formats.
Generally, the conversion process can range between a few minutes to several hours. It depends on many factors like your computer's speed, DVD size, quality of output file, bitrate of the output file, etc. With GPU acceleration technology, the burning speed of DVDFab DVD Creator can be 50 times faster than ordinary programs.
Selecting the best MP4 to DVD converter can be tricky, but you can choose one quickly, as we have provided the best software already to help you convert MP4 to DVD format. You can go through them and select the most appropriate one that meets your needs and requirements. Also, consider your device’s OS, software speed, budget, and other factors like video editing features to settle on the perfect one.