How to Burn MP4 to DVD Mac [2024 Newest Ways]
Summary: In this guide, we will explore reliable ways to burn MP4 to DVD on a Mac computer. So whether you want to create a backup for your favorite movies or share memorable videos, read on to find out the best MP4 to DVD Mac freeware and paid options that accomplish this task well.
Table of Contents
- 6 Best Ways to Burn MP4 to DVD Mac
Often, you may come across an exciting home movie or MP4 video and may want to share it with your family or friends on DVD discs to watch together on a DVD player or TV. However, you must know how to burn MP4 to DVD Mac.
This article will guide you with the best MP4 to DVD Mac software to help you decide the most appropriate one. Let's find out the most efficient and powerful program to burn your MP4 file to DVD discs and watch it with your friends and family.
Here's a comprehensive list of free and paid MP4 to DVD converter for Mac with powerful features to make the burning process effortless and hassle-free. Let's look at the competent software with its pros and cons to pick the one that syncs perfectly with your needs and requirements.
DVDFab DVD Creator for Mac is one of the best solutions to burn MP4 to DVD Mac. It helps create DVDs and accomplish simple tasks such as effortlessly burning videos to DVDs, making customized menus, and much more using multi-core processing and high-tech acceleration for a super-fast speed. This MP4 to DVD converter for Mac has an easy-to-navigate UI, making the DVD-creation and burning process hassle-free.
💻Supported OS: Mac OS 10.10 to 13 and Windows PC 11/10/8.1/8/7 (32/64 bit)
- Input 200+ video formats and enjoy high-quality DVD.
- Burn any video to DVD-5/9, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, ISO, or folder.
- Allow for setting audio tracks, subtitles, output size and quality.
- Choose TV Standard as NTSC or PAL and Aspect Ratio as 16:9 or 4:3.
- Help create stylish DVD menus using free menu templates.
- Customize menu templates with personalized elements and widgets.
- 50x faster DVD burning speed with GPU acceleration.
- Preview your video at any time during the burning process.
How to Burn MP4 to DVD Mac Using DVDFab DVD Creator for Mac
Step 1: Download and launch DVDFab 13. Choose the Creator menu from the left section and open the DVD Creator module.
Step 2: Tap the Add button to load your MP4 file on the main interface. Or drag and drop your MP4 video onto the program's homepage.
Step 3: Tap Advanced Settings and select your preferred output size and quality.
Step 4: Click the Menu Settings to access to the built-in DVD menu creator. You can customize all the elements and widgets inside the templates, such as background image, thumbnails, text font, color, size, playback buttons, and so on.
Step 5: Pick the output directory in the Save to section. Tap the Start button for MP4 to DVD Mac. DVDFab DVD Creator will provide you with detailed progress information during the burning process.
AnyMP4 DVD Creator for Mac can burn any video to DVD at an accelerated speed, allowing you to enjoy the created DVD with your family and loved ones. It has powerful editing features like clip/crop video, adjust effects, add watermarks, and much more, with a user-friendly interface.
💻Supported OS: Windows PC 11/10/8/7 and Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Burn MP4/MKV to DVD on Mac, or saves it to ISO files and folders.
- The software offers several templates.
- Allow specifying DVD audio tracks and subtitles.
- Customize videos according to user's preferences.
- Support burning MP4 on all Apple devices like iMac, iMac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro.
- The software may crash or have issues with its drop-down menus.
- The software requires a long installation time.
- Slow DVD burning speed.
How to Burn an MP4 to DVD Mac Using AnyMP4 DVD Creator for Mac
Step 1: Download and launch AnyMP4 DVD Creator. Add your MP4 videos to the program's main interface and tap Add Files in the upper-left corner.
Step 2: Select a video type, video quality, and aspect ratio at the bottom area of the program. Now customize the video files and adjust the subtitles' language, volume, and delay time.
Step 3: Go to the primary interface and crop to edit your added video or add a watermark. Browse the output DVD file compared to the source DVD on the left side.
Step 4: Once satisfied, proceed to the Mac burn DVD from MP4. Check your video and click the Preference button on the primary page. Select the video format and location folders. Then, choose the DVD disc as the destination.
Step 5: Tap the Create button to burn your MP4 file to DVD on Mac.
The Finder app is native to Mac computers and is used to find and manage apps, files, and disks. Using this MP4 to DVD Mac freeware, users need not install additional software. The Finder app offers utility to Mac users, and most importantly, it is also used as a DVD converter and burner to burn discs with Mac.
💻Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or higher
- Built-in app for every Mac and easy-to-use for beginners.
- Helps organize files in folders with tags.
- Allows to access everything everywhere.
- Enables sending a file/folder to other nearby Mac iPhone or iPad directly.
- Syncs, transfers, and updates items/information between Mac and other devices.
- Helps burn only data DVDs
- It does not offer menu templates, editing options or other advanced features.
How to Burn MP4 to DVD Mac Using the Finder App
Step 1: Firstly, click your Mac desktop or open a window and press File > New Burn Folder to create a burn folder on your Mac with all the MP4 files you are willing to burn. You can add MKV, MOV QuickTime movie files, JPG photos, etc., to this folder.
Step 2: Drag your chosen MP4 files into this new burn folder to burn MP4 to DVD Mac.
Step 3: Once ready, insert a blank playable DVD disc into the device's drive and open your burn folder. Then, tap the Burn button. The burning process will begin automatically, and your MP4 files will burn on the DVD disc.
iMovie is another MP4 to DVD Mac freeware developed by Apple Inc. for Mac and iOS devices. This DVD maker helps you edit and convert videos and burn MP4 files or other supported formats to DVDs. The burning process can be complicated, but it is absolutely safe with iMovie. Beginners can use iMovie to burn MP4 videos to DVDs for free.
💻Supported OS: macOS 11.5.1 or later
- Streamlined design with intuitive editing features.
- Create and fine-tune your movie.
- Supports moving your iMovie library to an external hard drive.
- Allows to share favorite moments.
- Enables updating projects and events created in previous iMovie versions.
- Requires a lot of storage space, approximately 2 GB+ hard drive storage
- It provides only basic features and results in several errors when burning DVDs on a Mac
How to Burn an MP4 to DVD Mac Using iMovie
Step 1: Launch iMovie on your Mac and click the File menu in the top bar. Choose Import > Movies from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Click the Share menu in the top bar and launch iDVD.
Step 3: Then, insert a blank playable DVD in your Mac's drive and click the Burn button. You can easily edit your MP4 videos and select a preferred DVD theme.
💡However, if iDVD is unavailable on your Mac, you can burn MP4 to DVD Mac using iTunes.
- Step 1: Firstly, add an MP4 video to iMovie and edit it.
- Step 2: Touch the Share button at the top and send it to iTunes.
- Step 3: Now, insert a blank DVD, and a prompt message will display.
- Step 4: Select Open iTunes and follow the on-screen prompts to Mac burn DVD from MP4.
DVD Styler is an open source DVD burning software with multiple features to simplify the styling of DVD menus. It helps users create personalized menus using impressive tools or even choose one from readymade templates. Video enthusiasts can create professional-looking DVDs using this MP4 to DVD converter for Mac.
💻Supported OS: Mac OS X up to 10.15 Catalina, Linux, and Windows PC XP/Vista/7/8/10/11
- Easily create and burn DVDs on various platforms/devices.
- It supports many formats like MOV, AVI, MPEG, MP4, OGG, etc.
- Provides a user-friendly interface with drag and drop facility.
- Flexible menu creation based on scalable vector graphic.
- Quickly copies any menu object or the entire menu.
- Prompts installation of the toolbar for ads.
- It does not offer many features compared to other software.
- The program lacks stability and occasionally crashes.
How to Burn an MP4 to DVD Mac Using DVD Styler
Step 1: Tap the Add File button and import your MP4 files. Alternatively, you can drag your videos into the program.
Step 2: Now, add the menu by clicking DVD on your Mac's status bar and choosing the Add option. Then, select Menu.
Step 3: Choose the background and button.
Step 4: Then, drag your chosen MP4 videos to the menu. Double-click them to edit the properties.
Step 5: Put a blank DVD into your optical drive and start the Mac burn DVD from MP4.
Express Burn is an easy-to-use MP4 to DVD converter for Mac that is available for non-commercial use; however, the free version can only be used to make audio CDs. On the contrary, a paid version enables you to burn DVDs and has advanced features. It lets you burn videos to CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays and create or manage the chapters for your DVD menus.
💻Supported OS: Mac OS 10.9 and above versions.
- Allows chapter creation
- Allows dragging and dropping several files at a time directly into the program
- Helps create MP3 CDs or Audio CDs for traditional CD players
- Customizes the pause between tracks when CD-burning audio
- Effortlessly burns audio, video, and data files to CD/DVD
- It does not bypass copy protections when it copies DVDs/Blu-rays
- Requires a paid subscription to burn DVDs, as the free one burns only CDs
How to Burn an MP4 to DVD Mac Using Express Burn
Step 1: Download Express Burn disc burning software and follow the instructions to install the program. Then, insert a blank DVD into your device and launch the software.
Step 2: Select the type of disc you are burning. Then, choose video DVD and tap Create.
Step 3: Click the Add File(s) or Add Folder button in the top menu bar to add the desired MP4 files into Express Burn. Or, drag and drop your MP4 files directly into the program.
Step 4: Tap the Burn video DVD button to proceed with the burning process. You will see additional burn settings like write speed, burner drive, number of copies, etc.
Step 5: Once satisfied with the settings, tap Burn to initiate the burning process to DVD. Once complete, a popup will appear to confirm the burn process is successful.
Yes, you can burn MP4 to DVD on Mac using native apps like Finder and iMovie or free software such as DVDStyler. However, for more advanced features, consider using the professional software, DVDFab DVD Creator for Mac.
Yes. Express Burn is a great free software to help you burn your MP4 video to a CD.
With the right aid, you can quickly burn MP4 to DVD Mac. We have assisted you with free and aid software options with powerful features to help you with the burning process. You must consider critical factors like compatible OS, ease of use, features, burning speed, security, and price to settle on the best one. Or, try DVDFab DVD Creator for Mac to get professional results instantly.