Top 11 Best Free DVD Makers 2023
Summary: If you’re looking for free DVD maker software to burn videos onto DVDs, there are many options available for both Windows and Mac computers. With the right DVD maker software, you can easily create DVDs from various video file formats and add menus to your creations.
- • Burn videos into DVD discs/ISO files/folders
- • Process all sorts of videos from streaming websites, camera, etc.
- • Create a DVD menu with various templates support
- • User-friendly and easy-to-use
Table of Contents
- Part 2: The Best Free DVD Maker - DVDFab DVD Creator
- Part 3: Other 10 Best Free DVD Makers
The greatest peace lies in knowing that even if your computer hard disk, unfortunately, happens to crash, your videos and important data will still remain intact and viewable. So you need to save these files and data or write them on a DVD disk. Then ask for a DVD maker for help.
In order to write or “burn” these data onto a DVD, you will need a DVD authoring tool. Thankfully with the advancement in technology, today we have multitudes of free DVD makers for Windows and Mac available over the Internet. Before discussing the best options, let’s first watch a short video tutorial on how to burn video files onto a DVD disc.
Part 1: What You Need to Make a DVD?
In order to make a DVD from MP4 or other formats of files with a menu, you need to prepare four things in advance. They are a DVD writer, a blank DVD, a qualified DVD creator, as well as your video/audio/image files. Among them, it is obvious that a DVD creator matters a lot. So, we are going to explore which one to adopt from the 11 free DVD makers below. Read them one by one and choose the best tool as your need.
Part 2: The Best Free DVD Maker - DVDFab DVD Creator
For all those who are looking for an advanced DVD maker to use on your Windows PC or Mac, you must try out the DVDFab DVD Creator software.
Why Choose DVDFab DVD Creator?
- It can merge various video files on one DVD disk, be it the ones recorded on your camera or the ones that you have downloaded, including M2TS, MP4, MKV, TS, WMV, MOV, WMA, FLV, 3GP, M4V etc.
- It can burn videos to blank DVD discs, DVD folders or ISO files. You can also choose from the following output formats like DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R DL.
- It also features a super-fast burning speed and provides high-quality outputs. There are scores of other options for the stylish menu template too. You can even easily customize your DVD menu in any of your desired formats by choosing from the various frames, fonts, and background themes available.
- Furthermore, it has an exclusive Meta Info feature that can automatically synchronize all of the source video's meta data, such as the movie title, cast, and cover.
How to Use DVDFab DVD Creator to Burn Movies to DVD
Step 1: Get the best free DVD maker software launched on Windows or Mac. Launch the software and click "Creator" and set the mode as DVD. Then click the "+" icon or drag your movie to the main interface directly.
Step 2: Customize your DVD video. Click the option of Advanced Settings and set video quality and other parameters.
You can also click the option of Menu Settings to open the built-in DVD menu creator and choose your favorite menu template to apply to your file.
Step 3: In the lower-left corner, there is a "Save to button" where you can set the output video directory as a DVD disc, DVD folder, or DVD ISO file. Finally, click the button of "Start" and wait for DVDFab DVD Maker to burn your movies to a DVD 5 or DVD 9.
Part 3: Other 10 Best Free DVD Makers
For your convenience, we have compiled a chart of the other top 10 best free DVD makers in this article. Keep reading to learn more about these programs and how they can help you create DVDs.
1. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is compatible with Windows. When you download this free DVD maker, be careful of the installation of adware named Pluto TV, which is not a virus but will hide in both your operating system and your web browser. So, you’d better stop the installation of this program.
- Input video formats not protected(500+): MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD, 3GP, SWF, FLV, HD, MOV, RM, QT, Divx, Xvid, TS, MTS, Fraqs encoded by H.264, MKV, MPEG4 and AAC.
- Audio: MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, FALC, MLP, M4R, QCP, RA, RMJ, TTA, VOC, W64
- Image: BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, ANM, DPX, JPEG
- Video editor and template need money
How to create a DVD out of an MKV video with Freemake Video Converter:
(1) Drag your MKV video to Freemake Video Converter (supporting batch import)
(2) Customize it through the “Subtitle” and with the video editors under each video
(3) Enable the option of “Join files” in the upper-right corner
(4) Click “to DVD” at the bottom
(5) Name the DVD, choose its destination folder, menu and video quality
(6) Click the button of “Burn”
2. Wondershare DVD Creator
Another movie DVD maker for your choice is Wondershare DVD Creator. Here are the key features of this software:
- Able to convert images/videos/music to a DVD disk or ISO file
- Input video: 150+ formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV WMV, Xvid
- Input image formats: BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, ICO and etc.
- Video editor(Paid): trim, crop, add watermark and transition effects and background music
- Paid DVD Menu templates with themes ranging from Holiday to Nature
- Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7 and Mac
How to Make a DVD out of images/video/music with Wondershare DVD Creator:
(1) Download and install Wondershare DVD Maker to your Windows or Mac
(2) Start the software and import your images or AVI video
(3) Edit your video by clicking the “Pencil” icon (Optional)
(4) Choose your favorite DVD menu template for you AVI video or you can design you own menu
(5) Preview the video and save it as ISO
(6) Choose output folder and click “Burn” to start DVD making
3. Windows DVD Maker
Still, let's start with the features of this DVD making software.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disc or ISO file
- Input: 60 video formats (featuring AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, Divx, MPEG, RM, Quicktime)
- Supported DVDs: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-5, DVD-9, Mini DVD, Mimi DVD DL
- DVD menu: Yes
- Edit subtitle, create DVD with own subtitles up to 32 for each video
- You need to pay for all its functions
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista
How to create DVD out of WMV video with Windows DVD Maker:
(1) Get Windows DVD Maker launched on your Windows
(2) Import your WMV video to this software
(3) Choose one menu style you like
(4) Add music and transition effects if you need
(5) Set the output destination and create your DVD
4. DVD Flick
Another DVD making software is DVD Flick. Learn about its main features and try it to burn videos to a DVD.
- Burn videos to a DVD, making it available on a DVD player, Media Center or Home Cinema Set
- Input: over 45 formats of videos, over 40 audios and over 60 video codecs
- Available in English, Brazilian, Czech, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Russian and Pig Latin
- Add audio tracks, subtitles, menu to your videos
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista (512 MB memory required) and Windows 70
How to create a DVD out of a FLV video with DVD Flick:
(1) Get DVD Flick started on your Windows
(2) Open “Project settings” > “Burning” > choose “Burn project to disc”/“Speed” ... > “Accept”
(3) Click “Add title” on the right > Locate your video > Create DVD
5. iSkysoft DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator also allows you to burn movies to DVD.
- Burn videos/Photo to a DVD disc or ISO file
- Video editor: crop/trim/rotate/enhance video; add image/text/watermark/subtitles
- DVD menu: Yes
- Input video formats : MOV, MKV, MPEG, MP4, AVI,WMV,MTS, TS, VOB, M4V, FLV, MPG, MOD
- Output: DVD disc/folders/ISO files (Self-made or downloaded from YouTube, Facebook, etc.)
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
How to Create a DVD from a MOD Video with iSkysoft DVD Creator:
(1) Download iSkysoft DVD Creator and start it
(2) Click “Create a New Project”
(3) Add pictures or Videos
(4) Choose a menu template
(5) Customize the video based on your needs
(6) Click “Burn” in the toolbar and choose its output format like “Save as ISO”
(7) Start burning the file and locate it by clicking “Open Folder”
Avi2DVD is surely one of the best free DVD makers. This application has been designed for a very professional look and offers a variety of useful features too. It comes with an intuitive interface that has been created with minimal complications so that it remains free of clutter. It is therefore easy to use for even the newbies. All the buttons and controls can be found out easily. It can be used to work with HD videos in mkv, avi, and mp4 formats. Avi2Dvd can run in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.
7. Sothink DVD Movie Maker
Sothink DVD Movie Maker is available on Windows computers. You can write your DVDs using any file format, since it supports a large number of file formats like MP4, WMA, AVI, MKV, 3GP, TS, VOB, M4V, and others. The best feature about this free DVD maker is that you can also save the DVD file in the ISO format or some different DVD format.
8. DVD Styler
As a popular open source DVD author, the DVD Styler is a powerful application with an attractive layout that also easy to operate. It is so simple to use that you will not need any extra knowledge for creating DVDs using it. You will also not need to refer to the user manual of this software too.
Working on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, this DVD maker freeware supports a wide variety of file formats which include MPEG, MP4, AVI, WMV, and OGG among others. It also allows you to include subtitles or audio files to make interesting videos.
9. Winx DVD Author
Definitely, one of the best free DVD maker for Windows the Winx DVD Author comes absolutely free of cost and is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7. This software is loaded with various useful features. Its interface is simple and intuitive. The best thing is that you can burn DVDs in only 3 steps. It offers free menu options, and you can also include subtitles, change background images and also add music. Winx DVD author is safe and virus-free.
This free DVD maker application helps you to design your own DVDs in the shortest time and very easily too. DeVeDe comes with all the basic features using which you can create as per your choice. Moreover, it also allows you to create VCD, Super video CD, CVD and DivX, and others.
There are various additional features included in this movie maker. You can add information about your video, for example, original size of the video, final size, mention the aspect ratio of its output and so on. Other video properties like audio rate, video rate, video format of the output, the scaling mode etc can also be included to make it technically rich. DeVeDe is available for Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10.
These are the top 10 free DVD makers to create a DVD with a menu template. For a certain reason or another, none of them can be regarded as the No.1 software. So, you might as well make a decision after seeing the last but the most advanced and professional DVD maker - DVDFab DVD Creator.
Which is the best free DVD maker in your mind with so many programs introduced? They all support the latest and slightly older versions of Windows or Mac and can be used to keep your videos and important data safe and portable. And to get all the exciting features in a single DVD creator software, don’t forget to check out the DVDFab application.