6 Best Free DVD Ripper Apps of 2022
Summary: In the era of modern technology, you are no more bound to preserve your movies and songs in a physical medium like DVDs and discs. All you have to do is copy these discs and DVDs to your mobile and computers and watch your favorite shows, movies, and videos wherever you want. To rip DVDs to a computer or mobile formats, hundreds of free DVD ripper no limitation tools have been designed and are available easily throughout the net. This article will learn how to rip a DVD with free DVD ripper softwares and which are the 6 best DVD ripper apps of 2022.
Table of Contents
- Best Free DVD Ripper Tools of 2022
Tired of making space for all those piles of DVDs? You must be thinking of a way to preserve your discs in a much better way possible. Well, ripping your DVDs is the solution to this problem. There is plenty of free DVD ripper software out there designed for ripping your DVDs to your computer.
Using a DVD ripper-free tool, you would never lose all those important data, files, movies, videos, songs, and memorable pictures you have been collecting all these years. Throughout the internet, you will find a wide variety of free DVD ripper softwares; however, all of them differ from one another in many aspects. So, which software works best for you would only be revealed once you read their descriptions reviews and try and use them.
This article presents you with a step-by-step guide on how to rip a DVD using free DVD rippers from the web, and we will also be reviewing the 6 of the best free DVD rippers of 2022.
Many DVD ripping software is free, whereas you have to pay for others. This article will review 6 of the most sought out DVD ripper tools available on the web. Furthermore, we will discuss their unique features, pros, and cons so that you may decide easily which tool is the one you should go for. Let's start with the best DVD Ripper software available, none other than DVDFab DVD Ripper.
So, are you ready to learn how to use a free DVD ripper tool to rip your DVDs? We will take an example of one of the best and free DVD ripper tools: DVDFab DVD ripper. This program is undoubtedly worthy of a full trial and is available on both Mac and Windows OS. You can easily rip your digital media from DVDs for free and within minutes through this fantastic tool.
Let's move ahead and go to the step-by-step guide of how to rip a DVD to a computer or your mobile for a much better playback when offline.
- Download and install DVDFab DVD Ripper on your device.
- Launch the DVD ripper software.
- Select the 'Ripper' module of the app.
- Insert the DVD into the DVD drive.
- The program will start to read the DVD automatically once you insert it.
- Select the DVD subtitles and preferred audio to rip.
- Now click on 'Choose other profile.'
- Select 'Format.'
- Click on the option 'Video.'
- You will see at least 8 video format options. Select the one you want your DVD to be converted to.
- Now it's time to personalize the output through advanced settings. This is helpful in terms of improving the video quality.
- Select the file destination where you want to save the output video.
- Click the 'Start' button. The DVD ripping will begin just as you click the start button, and your DVD will be ripped in no time.
Due to its simple interface and multiple advanced features, DVDFab DVD ripper serves as one of the best DVD ripping softwares that can convert your DVD videos easily to your mobile or computer. Ripping a DVD with DVDFab DVD Ripper is very easy and quick. You have to select free DVD ripper downloads and then install this app. The best part is that you don't need to be an expert to use this simple app.
DVDFab never disappoints you. DVDFab offers a particular tool for every task. Whether you have to edit, trim, merge or rip DVD videos, work on audios, or even images. The same is the case when you are looking for an app to rip DVD to a computer or mobile. DVDFab DVD Ripper is there for your rescue.
This fantastic app can easily convert DVDs to several digital formats like MPEG, WMV, MP4, AVI, WEBM, FLV, etc. Similarly, you can rip audio from DVD to almost any audio format you want. The DVDFab DVD Ripper can also rip the subtitles from DVD video to the SRT format for free. The tool contains 247 presets to make your DVD ripping easy and quick.
- Has a user-friendly interface
- The ripping process is speedy
- allows you to personalize your output videos through advanced settings
- Supports all audio and video formats
- Enables you to add external subtitles to your video
- This app is free for a 30-day trial period only, after which you have to pay for it.
WinX DVD Ripper free takes 4-5 minutes to rip your DVD to computer or mobile devices. This free DVD ripper cnet has a user-friendly interface. All you have to do is insert the DVD into the disc drive, select the output folder, and press the Run button.
Due to its straightforward interface, WinX DVD Ripper free is considered one of the best DVD Ripping tools available. This tool is a good option when you quickly rip a vast collection of movies.
- WinX DVD Ripper free is a GPU-accelerated ripper.
- This tool is easy to use. Can rip a large number of DVDs to digital formats in minutes.
- The free trial version has little to no options and allows for ripping only the first 5 minutes of the video.
Wondershare Uniconverter is a GPU-accelerated DVD ripping software with ultra-fast speed. Apart from DVD ripping and converting DVD to digital, this app allows you to transfer still images between various formats. Furthermore, you can even create animated GIFs from different video clips using this software.
Wondershare Uniconverter is one of the fastest and smoothest DVD ripping programs available. It contains various features, allowing you to explore them and show your creativity.
- It contains a comprehensive series of tools, including an editor.
- This tool is easy to use.
- Rips DVD to digital very speedily.
- Free trial only allows you to rip one-third of the video.
Freemake Video Converter is one of the do-it-all apps and has been considered the best free DVD ripper 2017. This app is excellent for ripping DVDs. Apart from this, you can also move image files between various formats using this tool. All you have to do is enter free DVD Ripper downloads and download this app for free.
Freemake Video Converter allows you to create tailored video files for any device you want. Moreover, this tool has a straightforward user interface, and you do not require any experience to use this tool.
- A good option if you want to convert videos to older devices.
- Allows creating tailored videos on any device.
- Simple to use.
- Keeps on asking you to get some extra features.
- Embeds its logo in every file you create.
If you are looking for a free DVD ripper no limitations or watermarks, Handbrake is the one for you. Handbrake is probably one of the best tools used for ripping unprotected DVDs. It has more features and options than any other DVD Ripping tool. Handbrake can be used to down-mix audio tracks, rotate, sharpen, crop, trim, add or remove subtitles, add chapter markers, and almost anything that you can think of.
The free DVD ripper no limitations; that is, Handbrake has a large number of presets and allows you to convert a large number of files easily and quickly.
- Allows you to create files in h264 and h265 codecs.
- Has more features and options than competitors.
- Not as fast in DVD Ripping as DVDFab DVD Ripper or WinX DVD Ripper.
- Not easy to use.
Make MKV is one of the best free DVD Ripper tools that offers a variety of features along with ripping a DVD to computer or mobile formats. The files created through this software can be read on any device that recognizes MP4 format. It is a good tool for beginners because it is elementary to use.
- Good for beginners.
- Allows for Blu-Ray ripping
- An open-source software
- It is not GPU accelerated
So, how would you decide whether a particular DVD Ripping software is worth using or not? Of course, by trying it out and going through its performance and features. A good DVD ripper app will not just rip a DVD but will perform its task efficiently, quickly, and without causing you any hassles. What matters is the output you get; sometimes, sitting through a relatively slow ripping process results in a better output with everything like subtitles, audio, picture, etc., synced correctly.
Which is the best format when ripping a DVD?
The best format to rip a DVD is an ISO image file, as it can contain the entire content of a DVD, such as video, audio, subtitles, images, etc.
Is copying and ripping a DVD the same?
They are pretty much the same. Ripping is indeed copying audio, video, images, or any other data from DVD or CD to your PC.