6 Best Free DVD Ripper Apps of 2023
Summary: In the era of modern technology, you are no longer bound to preserve your movies and songs on a physical medium like DVDs and discs. All you have to do is rip DVDs to computer or mobile formats and watch your favorite shows, movies, and videos wherever you want. This article will teach you how to rip a DVD with the six best free DVD ripper programs.
Table of Contents
- Best Free DVD Ripper Tools of 2023
Tired of making space for all those piles of DVDs? You must be thinking of a way to preserve your discs in a much better way possible. Well, ripping your DVDs is the solution to this problem. There is plenty of free DVD ripper software out there designed for ripping your DVDs to your computer.
Using a DVD ripper-free tool, you would never lose all those important data, files, movies, videos, songs, and memorable pictures you have been collecting all these years. Throughout the internet, you will find a wide variety of free DVD ripper softwares; however, all of them differ from one another in many aspects. So, which software works best for you would only be revealed once you read their descriptions reviews and try and use them.
Many DVD ripping software is free, whereas you have to pay for others. This article will review 6 of the most sought out DVD ripper tools available on the web. Furthermore, we will discuss their unique features, pros, and cons so that you may decide easily which tool is the one you should go for. Let's start with the best DVD Ripper software available, none other than DVDFab DVD Ripper.
So, are you ready to learn how to use a free DVD ripper tool to rip your DVDs? We will take an example of one of the best and free DVD ripper tools: DVDFab DVD Ripper. This program is undoubtedly worthy of a full trial and is available on both Mac and Windows OS.
- DVDFab DVD Ripper can easily convert DVDs (even copy-protected DVDs) to several digital formats, like MPEG, WMV, MP4, AVI, WEBM, FLV, etc. Similarly, you can rip audio from DVDs to almost any audio format you want. DVDFab can also rip the subtitles from DVD videos to the SRT format for free. Besides, the tool contains 260 preset devices to resolve device compatibility.
- DVDFab never disappoints you with customized options. It offers a built-in video editor that allows you to edit, trim, merge, or rip DVD videos, work on audios, or even work on images. You can also make some advanced settings, like codec, frame rate, resolution, quality, channels, subtitles, etc.
- Ripping a DVD with DVDFab DVD Ripper is very easy and quick because it uses advanced GPU acceleration technologies. It also supports multi-task mode, which means you can rip as many DVD videos as you want with only one command.
- More importantly, the output video will retain the original video and audio quality or will be upscaled from 480p to 1080p by DVDFab Enlarger AI, ensuring you a cinema-like viewing experience.
- Has a user-friendly interface
- The ripping process is speedy
- Allows you to personalize output videos via video editor and advanced settings
- Supports all audio and video formats
- Enables you to add external subtitles to your video
- This app is free for a 30-day trial period only, after which you have to pay for it.
Let's move ahead and go to the step-by-step guide of how to rip a DVD to a computer or your mobile for a much better playback when offline.
Step 1: Download and install DVDFab DVD Ripper on your device. Launch the DVD ripper software, and elect the 'Ripper' module of the app. Then insert the DVD into the DVD drive and the program will start to read the DVD automatically.
Step 2: Now click on 'Choose other profile' - 'Format' - 'Video', you will see all the video format options. You can convert your DVD to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, etc.
Now it's time to personalize the output through video edit and advanced settings. This is helpful in terms of improving the video quality. You can also select the DVD chapters, subtitles and preferred audio to rip.
Step 3: Select the file destination where you want to save the output video. Finally, click the 'Start' button and the DVD ripping will begin to rip your DVD in no time.
WinX DVD Ripper free takes 4-5 minutes to rip DVD to computer or mobile devices. This free DVD ripper cnet has a user-friendly interface. All you have to do is insert the DVD into the disc drive, select the output folder, and press the Run button.
Due to its straightforward interface, WinX DVD Ripper free is considered one of the best DVD Ripping tools available. This tool is a good option when you quickly rip a vast collection of movies.
- WinX DVD Ripper free is a GPU-accelerated ripper.
- This tool is easy to use. Can rip a large number of DVDs to digital formats in minutes.
- The free trial version has little to no options and allows for ripping only the first 5 minutes of the video.
Wondershare Uniconverter is a GPU-accelerated DVD ripping software with ultra-fast speed. Apart from DVD ripping and converting DVD to digital, this app allows you to transfer still images between various formats. Furthermore, you can even create animated GIFs from different video clips using this software.
Wondershare Uniconverter is one of the fastest and smoothest DVD ripping programs available. It contains various features, allowing you to explore them and show your creativity.
- It contains a comprehensive series of tools, including an editor.
- It Rips DVD/ISO to MP4, and other digital formats very speedily.
- This tool is easy to use.
- Free trial only allows you to rip one-third of the video.
Freemake Video Converter is one of the do-it-all apps and has been considered the best free DVD ripper 2017. This app is excellent for ripping DVDs. Apart from this, you can also move image files between various formats using this tool. All you have to do is enter free DVD Ripper downloads and download this app for free.
Freemake Video Converter allows you to create tailored video files for any device you want. Moreover, this tool has a straightforward user interface, and you do not require any experience to use this tool.
- A good option if you want to convert videos to older devices.
- Allows creating tailored videos on any device.
- Simple to use.
- Keeps on asking you to get some extra features.
- Embeds its logo in every file you create.
If you are looking for a free DVD ripper no limitations or watermarks, Handbrake is the one for you. Handbrake is probably one of the best tools used for ripping unprotected DVDs. It has more features and options than any other DVD Ripping tool. Handbrake can be used to down-mix audio tracks, rotate, sharpen, crop, trim, add or remove subtitles, add chapter markers, and almost anything that you can think of.
The free DVD ripper no limitations; that is, Handbrake has a large number of presets and allows you to convert a large number of files easily and quickly.
- Allows you to create files in h264 and h265 codecs.
- Has more features and options than competitors.
- Not as fast in DVD Ripping as DVDFab DVD Ripper or WinX DVD Ripper.
- Not easy to use.
Make MKV is one of the best free DVD Ripper tools that offers a variety of features along with ripping a DVD to computer or mobile formats. The files created through this software can be read on any device that recognizes MP4 format. It is a good tool for beginners because it is elementary to use.
- Good for beginners.
- Allows for Blu-Ray ripping
- An open-source software
- It is not GPU accelerated
So, how would you decide whether a particular DVD Ripping software is worth using or not? Of course, by trying it out and going through its performance and features. A good DVD ripper app will not just rip a DVD but will perform its task efficiently, quickly, and without causing you any hassles. What matters is the output you get; sometimes, sitting through a relatively slow ripping process results in a better output with everything like subtitles, audio, picture, etc., synced correctly.
Is it legal to rip a DVD?
You can rip a DVD as long as the DVD belongs to you, such as a self-made home DVD disc, folder, or ISO file. That being said, it is legal to rip DVDs for personal use, not for commercial purposes.A
Is copying and ripping a DVD the same?
They are two different duplication processes. DVD ripping means converting the content of a DVD to any video format playable on multiple media players and devices. DVD coping refers to copying the original structure of a DVD to a blank disc, an ISO file, or a folder.A