Use These Tools as the Best File Compressor MP4
Summary: File compressor MP4 tools are the application that can lower the size of MP4 videos. It is employed to encode digital content. In addition to this, these tools support other well-known video file formats such as FLV, MOV, and more. Many such MP4 file compressor programs allow you to share digital content easily on social media sites.
Table of Contents
If you are looking for the best free file MP4 compressor tool, this article can help you. We have created a list of top MP4 size compressor tools with their features, pros, and cons. Read below to know more about the MP4 compressor for discord tools.
The first MP4 video compressor in our list is DVDFab Video Converter. The tool is the best compressor for you and can compress video files easily. It can also convert video from one format to different and convert video to normal audio formats. Users can play these audio files on different devices. Below are some best features of this tool in detail. Have a look
- Different Formats are supported
DVDFab Video Converter can compress all the popular audio and video formats from the capture cards, digital camcorders, and Internet, and convert them among more than 1000 audio and video formats. This makes sure that the output file is well-played on all mainstream devices and media players.
- Quick conversion
DVDFab Video Converter is simple and easy to understand. The compressor offers the best UI in the market as compared to other rivals. With the help of multi-core, multi-threading, the latest Intel Quick Sync, and NVIDIA CUDA, the tool can process any audio and video conversion task at a time within minutes. This considerably reduces the waiting time for you.
- Enlarger AI
Along with DVDFab Enlarger AI, the low-quality files can be upgraded to high-quality files. In the meantime, the output quality will be dramatically enhanced.
Now that you have had a look at the features, follow the below steps to know how to compress using this tool.
- Download, install, and open the tool and click the Video Converter section on the main UI.
2. Upload the source video from DVD using the Add buttons.
3. Users get the option to change the video quality and size here, thereby compressing the video.
4. Click the Choose Other Profile >> Format and Device options.
5. Users need to select the desired digital formats from here.
6. Next, go to the Save to option and click the folder logo to choose the output directory.
7. Click the Start option to convert video fast and free.
VLC media is a compressor that works on Windows, macOS X, Android, and Linux. It is an open-source free MP4 compressor and a player with extra converting and editing features. It is free and does not come with a watermark on end files, and many people claim that the UI is straightforward and simple. People also normally like that it is a strong platform for a media player, but it can be buggy. Updates can be infrequent and late as well. The tool is best suited for converting video files to most formats on your computer for free.
- Media player
- Multiple video format outputs
- X264 encoding capabilities
- Video editing features
- Easy keyboard shortcuts
- Easy interface
- Supports most popular format types
- Little to no support
- Media library can be tricky to navigate
- Restricted updates
Freemake Video Converter also acts as an MP4 file compressor and is compatible with Windows only. The tool is one of the best free video compressors that people can have. It supports a plethora of outputs, such as MPG, MP4, WMV, AVI, ROM, and various others, so you can select a format that is well-matched with your PC. It is easy to use and user-friendly. The tool is best suited for new users or those seeking video compressor-free software that provides a huge range of features.
- Export videos directly to YouTube
- Burn and rip DVD/Blu-ray
- Subtitle editing and adding
- Preset profiles for tablets, smartphones, and games consoles
- Join, cut, and rotate MP4 or other videos
- It provides a huge range of tools for the compression of video.
- It has a user-friendly and appealing interface.
- There are no ads.
- No support for Mac.
- Users will need to wait 3 days for the Web Pack to get hands-on all enhanced features.
This MP4 compressor is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux. The tool is an open-source and free video compressor and converter. It supports a wide range of video formats, such as AVI, MP4, MOV, and many more, and is compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
It can be used to convert, record, stream, and compress audio and video. The tool is best suited for those with some knowledge and experience in video conversion. It is not the most user-friendly tool; hence it is not suggested for new users.
- In-built editor for merging, cropping, and more
- Streaming support
- Screen capture
- It is open-source, free, and cross-platform.
- It has a user-friendly UI that is simple to navigate.
- It is sturdy with many extra features.
- It supports a wide range of video formats.
- New users might find the tool difficult to use due to the steep learning curve.
- You might notice quality loss at the time of compression and conversion.
VSDC Video Converter is an open-source and free MP4 file compressor available only for Windows. The tool supports all popular video formats, such as AVI, DVD, M4V, MP4, and more. It is simple to use and comes with an in-built editor. The tool is best suited for Windows users seeking for open-source free video compressor that is simple to use and provides quick results.
- Enhanced export presets for all devices and formats
- Built-in editor to delete, merge, and split files
- Export individual frames or audio tracks from videos
- It is open-source and free.
- It is suited for most versions of Microsoft Windows OS.
- It supports all well-known video formats.
- It provides high-speed conversion with almost no loss in quality.
- No support for Mac.
- Sometimes buggy
HandBrake is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux, and is an open-source and free MP4 File compressor tool. It comes with features such as DVD ripping and batch processing. It lets you to convert files to and from a large number of formats and has a user-friendly UI. The tool is best suited for those looking for an open-source and free MP4 video compression software. While new users must have no problems during simple conversions, the more enhanced features are possibly best suited to those with some expertise.
- Built-in device presets
- Batch conversion
- Range of video filters
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Subtitles support
- It works with a huge range of video formats.
- It supports batch conversion.
- It has many enhanced features.
- There is a user-friendly UI that makes it easy to use.
- Difficult for new users to learn.
VideoSmaller is a free online MP4 compressor that can compress video file size without a loss in quality. It only supports a limited number of video formats: AVI, MP4, MOV, and MPEG. This MP4 compressor online also limits video upload size to 500 MB. The tool is best suited for those seeking for a free and simple.
- Low compression level feature
- Easy compression and upload
- Remove audio from video
- There are no complex features to learn.
- It is easy to use.
- It is free to use.
- Users are limited with an upload size of 500MB
- It does not support much video formats
- There are no enhanced features.
- There is no support available if things go south.
Clideo is an online free MP4 compressor that is simple to secure and use. Even though it does not have many extra features, it does let you to upload files from Google Drive, and it allows you to preview files before compressing. It operates with the most popular video formats such as WMV, MP4, VOB, MOV, AVI, and with some more rare ones too.
- Preview feature
- Simple interface
- Upload files from Dropbox and Google Drive
- Secure encryption
- It is free.
- The tool is simple to use.
- It provides quick compression speeds.
- It is online, so there is no software to install.
- It does not actually offer any other features such as conversion or editing.
Clipchamp is an online video converter and MP4 video file compressor. There is a free version, even though you cannot use this to compress videos. Hence, you will require to upgrade to one of three paid versions. It supports a wide range of resolutions and formats.
- Preview feature
- Professional editing tools with sound effects, templates, and stock footage
- Direct upload to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and more
- Screen recording
- Presets optimized for various uses
- There are no limits on input file size.
- It provides quick batch processing in Chrome.
- It supports a huge range of resolutions and formats.
- The tool provides quick compression.
- You are limited to 480p exports with the free trial.
- You will require the need to update to a paid version to compress videos.
FreeConvert is a simple online video MP4 compressor and allows you to select between H.264 and H.265 codecs. Users can select to target video quality, file size, bitrate, or resolution for their compression.
The entire compression process has only a couple of steps and is very simple. On the other hand, since this is entirely an online tool, you will require to have strong of bandwidth for downloads and uploads. The free version caps the number of files and file sizes that you can convert every month, but there are different paid versions to fit different needs and budgets.
- File merging capabilities
- Converts files up to 1.5 GB for free
- Batch conversions
- No pop-up ads during conversion
- User-friendly interface
- Fast download speeds
- Must shell out money to convert larger files
- Daily conversion restrictions for the free version
- The paid plan can be buggy
Can MP4 files be compressed?
Yes. You can compress MP4 files using any of the above tools. Although the data with MP4 files are compressed already, they are very huge files. To compress MP4 files is to make them handier. Based on the development of the Internet, computer scientists work constantly at creating enhanced compress tools and methods that lower file sizes as much as achievable.
What is the compression rate of MP4?
MP4 video gets a very watchable and stable picture at around a 40:1 compression ratio.
What type of compression is MP4?
The compression method for an MP4 file format is almost the same as the MP3 compression method, but MP4 compression is lossless and the video or audio quality of the actual file is not lost. Video files with MP4 file containers are compressed with the help of MPEG-4 or H. 264 compression methods.
In short, you just had a look at different tools that can be used as an MP4 file compressors. Among these, DVDFab Video Converter is the best compressor for you to compress video files easily. It can also convert video from one format to different and convert video to normal audio formats. Users can play these audio files on different devices.