Can You Play a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray on a Common Blu-ray Player?
2019-03-19 08:26:12 Posted by Gabriel3785
Summary: Is it possible to play a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray on a common Blu-ray player? The answer is yes if you convert the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray to a common Blu-ray. Read on to find more details.
Can you play 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray on a common Blu-ray player? This question bothers many 4K UHD entertainment enthusiasts. But the answer to this question is a big ‘No.’ You can’t play a 4K UHD Blu-ray disc on a common Blu-ray player. The reason is that normal Blu-ray players support on BD25 or BD50. Here 25 and 50 signify the size of the Blu-ray disc in GBs. Common BD players are pretty much limited to 1080p resolution only which is not the highest resolution and is only one-fourth the quality of a 4K UHD resolution.
4K UHD entertainment requires BD100 discs which can store up to 70GB or more data. Also the 4K UHD Blu-ray player uses a separate video codec which is not even supported by common Blu-ray players. However there are two options for you, first upgrade your common BD player to a 4K UHD player. If you can’t do this then a second option lets you downscale your current 4K UHD Blu-ray movies to a common Blu-ray player format. I think if you don’t have a mood to spend your money on a new player then the second option will be a better choice.
Using a software named DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray converter we can downscale any 4K UHD movie to a BD25 or BD50. The downscaling will be done to 1080p resolution from 4K (2160p) resolution. You can either choose to create a Blu-ray ISO or can directly burn the downscaled movie to a blank BD25 or a BD50 disc. For this purpose you should have a Blu-ray optical drive because I have seen many people experimenting with DVD drives to play their BDs. This won’t work no matter how many times you try. So, in this tutorial I will teach you to downscale a 4K UHD movie to either a BD25 or a BD50 which represents the common 1080p Blu-ray format. So let’s start the tutorial.
DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray Converter Speciality
One of the most important feature of this converter is that it is very good at preserving audio and video quality while copying or ripping. But since we are downscaling a 4K UHD Blu-ray movies to normal BD format then there’ll be video quality difference. But the converter will process the video for the best viewing experience on a normal BD player. You’ll get the quality that a normal BD player should give you. You can choose a BD50 during conversion to get even more video quality than a BD25.
Audio will also be preserved and will remain close to the original source. It will be automatically encoded to digital sound like dolby atmos, dolby digital etc. with surround sound. So you don’t need to worry about it. The whole process is automatic. I can just say the downscaled 4K UHD Blu-ray movie will have the best sound and video quality.
How to Use DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray Converter
We already gave you an introduction of DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray Converter in the third paragraph above. So you are familiar with it and its working. In this brief step-by-step tutorial we will discuss its working.
· First of all download and install the 64-bit version of DVDFab 10. 32-bit version doesn’t support UHD to Blu-ray downscaling.
· Get a 4K UHD disc and insert it in your PC’s Blu-ray drive. Let it load the disc.
· Open DVDFab 10 64-bit and select the ‘Copy’ tab. It will automatically load your 4K Blu-ray disc.
· Now just click the ‘Copy Mode Switcher’ button and select ‘UHD to Blu-ray’.
· Click ‘Choose Other Titles’ and select which titles you want to keep.
· Click the ‘Settings’ icon to customize the settings.
· In the ‘Output’ either select ‘BD25’ or ‘BD50’ as per your requirement.
· You can also select options if you want a custom disc menu or no menu at all.
· Click ‘Custom Menu’ and a disc menu customizer and designer will open.
· Here you can customize the ‘text’, ‘background’, ‘add more images’, and drag and drop menu objects.
· After customizing the menu click the ‘OK’ button to go back to ‘Advanced Settings’ then click ‘OK’ again to return to main window.
· Now you have two options either write the downscaled movie directly to a blank BD25/50 disc or save an ISO file and burn it later.
· To save an ISO file click the ‘ISO file’ button and select the location where you want to save it. To save afolder, click the ‘folder’ icon. Check the second image above.
· If you want to burn a blank BD disc then insert a blank BD disc in to the Blu-ray optical drive and select the BD drive from the ‘Save to’ option.
· After making your choice click the ‘Start’ button and wait till the conversion process completes.
· After the conversion completes you can play that BD25 or BD50 on a common Blu-ray player with 1080p resolution.
You have successfully learned to use DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray converter and now you can convert all your 4K UHD discs to common Blu-ray format.
I hope you have now got the correct answer to your question which states “Can you play 4k Ultra HD Blu-ray on a common Blu-ray player?” We taught you to downscale your 4K UHD Blu-ray movies so that you can enjoy them on common Blu-ray players. You can either choose to burn a blank disc or create an ISO that you can save on your computer’s hard drive and use accordingly. Creating an ISO file is a nice option because once created you can burn it on a blank disc or can share with your friends without having to re-convert it. DVDFab Blu-ray to UHD Converter comes with a 30-day trial period. It is a fully functional trial period without any limits. After the trial period gets over you have to buy it to keep converting more 4K UHD Blu-ray movies.