How to Convert ISO to MP4 Free via 8 Best Tools
Summary: Converting your ISO files to MP4 format can make them easier to store and play on common devices. Here we list the top 8 software programs for Windows and Mac that help convert your ISO files into a digital format, so you can enjoy your media on any device.
Table of Contents
- Part 2. Convert ISO to MP4 Free with Top 8 ISO Video Converters
Here, let's first check the reason why ISO to digital conversion is necessary.
ISO image files are in a large size
ISO image[WIKI] files are created by people as a digital backup of the DVD content on an external disk, hard drive, or others. So they contain the entire contents of a DVD which is why ISO files are normally a large size. Usually, a 90-minute ISO ranges from 5GB to 8GB. If you don't expect the ISO files to take too much space, converting ISO to MP4 is a good choice.
ISO image files can not be played on various devices
Apart from this, ISO files are not as compatible with the MP4[WIKI] format. They cannot be directly played on various mobile and other devices, such as smartphones, Xbox One, PS4, TV, etc., while the MP4 format can. Thus, converting ISO files to MP4 can lead to easy playback, sharing, and editing on various devices without any hassle.
Apart from that, we will show you the best 8 free ISO to MP4 converters, including desktop and online software.
There are several ISO to MP4 converters to help you transfer an ISO file to digital formats for better playback. You will know their feature highlights and how-to guides. Follow me to get first-hand information about such free programs.
This is a full-featured free software packed up with almost all functions needed to convert disc images to MP4. If you are hunting for options on how to effortlessly convert an ISO file to MP4 without losing any quality, then DVDFab DVD Ripper is your top pick.
Work on: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 & Mac 10.10 - 13
- The ONLY tool that supports the newest released copy-protected DVDs and Blu-rays
- Convert DVD ISO images /folders /discs to 1000+ video & audio formats, like MP4
- Rip ISO to MP4 or other formats available on 260 devices like Apple, Huawei, etc
- Customize the output video with Advanced Settings and built-in video editor
- Extract subtitles from DVD to SRT format; get rid of or add subtitles
- Support batch conversion at GPU-hardware accelerated speed
- Also able to convert Blu-ray ISO, folders and discs to MP4
- Can't work on Linux
How to convert ISO to MP4 with DVDFab DVD Ripper:
You can get this program downloaded for free. It is virus-free and user-friendly.
When you launch this tool, go ahead and choose the "Ripper" module > drag & drop your ISO file to main interface. Alternatively, you can also click the '+' icon to import your source files. DVDFab DVD Ripper supports batch conversion, so you can rip video from multiple ISO files at a time.
As you see, there are many customized options for you, including specific chapters, titles, audio, and subtitle. Besides, you can also click 'None' under 'Subtitle' to get rid of DVD subtitles, and click 'Add External Subtitle' to add subtitles to video.
Click 'Choose Other Profile' on the main interface, and then select ‘Format' > 'Video'. Here, you can convert ISO to MP4, MPEG, AVI, FLV, MKV, TS, WebM, WMV, etc.
You can also customize the output video and make some changes per your liking. For example, you can set up your video resolution, and change its frame rate, or bit rates via the 'Advanced Settings' button represented by the wrench icon.
Here is an option vital for you to convert ISO file to MPEG. That is, 'Advanced Settings' > 'Codec' under 'Video' > 'MPEG4'. Do this operation after you hit 'Choose Other Profile' >'MP4'.
Or, you can add text, images, and subtitles to your video if needed. And you can also trim or crop your video through this 'Video Edit' button.
Pick up a location for your MP4 video on the bottom of the interface. When you are ready, click on the 'Start' button to start the ripping and conversion process.
Any Video Converter is an ISO to MP4 conversion software that allows you to convert video files to a wide range of formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, and more. It also provides various customized options for you.
Work on: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 & Mac OS X 10.7 - Mac OS X 10.15
- Convert ISOs & DVDs & CDs & videos to 200+ formats
- Record and capture video screen with high output quality
- Burn any video to blank DVD disc to create a homemade DVD
- Edit video clips with a cut, crop, and other special effects
- Extra software may come along
- Don't support 2D or 3D videos
- Don't support Blu-ray ISO files
- Don't support copy-protected DVD and ISO file
How to transform ISO files into MP4 format with AVC Any Video Converter:
Click “Add Disc” for a drop-down list to choose the “Add DVD ISO Files” option. As a result, a new window pops up where you can add your ISO files from your PC. Once it is added, it will be displayed on the panel with detailed information, such as duration, format, size, etc.
Unfold the Output Profile to choose the option “Customize MP4”. Of course, there are many other options presented in this software.
You can change some parameters of your video, such as the video size, video bitrate, frame rate, etc., based on your preference.
HandBrake is a free and open-source conversion tool that is able to convert ISO to MP4, MKV, and WebM formats. Here are the features and user guide on how to convert ISO to MP4 with HandBrake.
Work on: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Totally free
- Convert both DVD and Blu-ray ISO to MP4 formats
- Convert multiple ISO files in batches
- Convert videos with various codecs to make them compatible with your devices
- Errors could happen sometimes
- Limited editing features and output options
- If you want to convert an encrypted ISO file, you need to remove its DVD copying protection first.
Steps to rip an ISO file to digital MP4 with HandBrake:
Get HandBrake free download on your computer. Open it, then click the “File” tab on the left side panel to import your ISO files.
After the ISO file is added, you can set it by choosing its title, and presetting format.
The final step is to click the Start Encode button to begin the conversion process.
WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro is a paid software that is capable of ripping and converting DVD ISO files to various digital formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, and more. In addition, it comes with a variety of features.
Work on: Windows 11/10/8/7 and lower.
- Able to remove some DVD copy protections
- Rip DVD or ISO to MKV, MP4 and other 300+ video and audio formats
- Preserve the original picture quality and work at GPU-accelerated speed
- Built-in video editor allows for cutting videos or adding effects
- Don't support Blu-ray ISO files
- Don't work on Mac or Linux
- The program may freeze, particularly while loading a DVD disc using an external USB DVD drive. Then you have to terminate the process and restart the program.
Brief steps on how to use WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro to convert ISO to MP4:
After launching the software, you can click the “ISO Image” button to load your ISO image file. Furthermore, you can also add DVD Disc or DVD Folder to this program as well.
On the right side has an output format menu from where you can select MP4 format in the Video part. In addition to this, over 300 videos and formats are provided here. You can also customize the output video via various video and audio settings.
Hit on that RUN button to start the conversion during which process the file size can be reduced from 6-8 GB to around 1GB.
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter is a free ISO to MP4 converter does well in converting ISO files or digital videos to any type of video or audio format at a good speed.
Work on: Windows and Mac
- It is free
- Rip video, ISO and DVD to MP4 or other 23+ video and audio format
- The output videos can be played on multiple mobile device
- Support video editing, like trim video, add watermark, or adjust video effect
- Fast video conversion speed
- You have to install a launcher plug-in
- Internet connection is highly required
- Don't support copy protected DVD and ISO
- Don't support Blu-ray ISO files
How to convert ISO to MP4 with Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter:
Prism Video Converter has a very simple-to-use interface. You can use it to convert ISO files to MP4, MOV, AVI, and other formats easily after downloading Prism Video Converter on your computer. Here is the user guide for this software.
Work on: Windows 11, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 & macOS 10.5 or above
- Convert DVD or ISO file to Mp4 and other 30+ video and audio formats
- Support batch converting
- Provide video editing function, like add watermark and effect, rotate video, adjust brightness, trim video
- Unable to handle copy-protected DVDs or ISO files
- There may be annoying popup
- The interface is out-dated
How to use Prism ISO Video Converter to convert ISO to MP4:
EaseFab DVD Ripper supports Blu-ray, DVD folder, ISO, and IFO file as the input. Of course, you can get it as a good assistant in converting ISO to MP4.
Work on: Windows 11/10/8/7/XP and Mac 10.13 - 13
- Able to remove DVD copy protections
- Convert DVD or Blu-ray ISO file to 500+ video or audio formats
- Offer a built-in video editor to trim and crop video, adjust brightness, etc.
- Create 3D video from 2D source
- The interface is out dated
- Doesn't support region-coded DVD or Blu-ray
How to use EaseFab ISO to MP4 converter:
If you don't want to install any free software on your computer, there is also an online tool that can help you convert ISO files to MP4 or MP3 formats.
- It is a free and online tool
- Convert ISO to mp4 or mp3 format
- Without any watermark
- Low speed to load an ISO file and complete the conversion
- Unable to handle encrypted ISO file
- Limited output format options
- Lack of advanced editing tools
- Unwanted pop-up ads
How to use this Online ISO to MP4 converter:
- Go to file-converter-online.com and choose File to upload (Dropbox, Google Drive, URL)
- Select the output file format
- Start to transforming your ISO file to MP4
- Download the file
After providing a thorough introduction and review of the top 8 ISO to MP4 converters, we have compiled an in-depth comparison chart. This is designed to aid you in gaining a more transparent understanding of these tools by contrasting their capabilities side-by-side and identifying the most suitable tool for your needs.
|ISO to MP4 Converter||Input Formats||Output Formats||DVD Decryption||Video Quality||Video Editor||GPU Acceleration||Bonus Features|
|DVDFab DVD Ripper||
|Support the latest DVD/Bluray protections||Lossless||YES||YES||Extract SRT subtitle & Sychronize Metadata Info.|
|AnyVideoConveter||DVD/ISO/CD||200+ video&audio||NO||Good||YES||CPU||Rip CD to audio format|
|WonderFox DVD Ripper||DVD/ISO||300+ video&audio||Support some copy-protected DVDs||Flawless||YES||YES||-|
|Prism Video Converter||DVD/ISO||30+ video&audio||No||Good||YES||No||-|
|EaseFab DVD Ripper||
|500+ video&audio||Support some copy-protected DVDs/Blu-rays||Flawless||YES||YES||-|
|ISO to MP4 Online||ISO||
Yes, you can convert ISO files to MP4 using VLC. Here’s a basic overview of the steps:
- Step 1: Open VLC and click on “Media” in the menu. Select “Convert / Save…” from the dropdown list.
- Step 2: In the next window, click on the “Disc” tab. Then choose “ISO Image” option and browse for your ISO file.
- Step 3: After selecting your file, click on “Convert / Save”. In the next window, select MP4 from profile drop-down list.
- Step 4: Choose a destination for your converted file by clicking “Browse”. Finally click on Start to begin conversion.
ISO is a archive file that represents an exact copy of an entire CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc. It contains all the data from the disc including the file structure and content.
On the other hand, MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) is a digital multimedia container format most commonly used to store video and audio. It may also contain subtitles or still images.
The difference between ISO and MP4 lies in their use case and what they contain:
- An ISO file acts like a virtual disc which can be used to replicate the entire content of physical media like CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs. This includes not just videos but also various files, folders, menu structures, etc.
- An MP4 file typically only contains audio-visual data - it’s essentially a video/audio clip without additional features like menus or multiple tracks that you might find on a DVD or Blu-ray.
To sum up, here are the top 8 best ISO to MP4 converters to solve your problems, including DVDFab DVD Ripper, AVC, Handbrake, Wonderfox DVD Ripper Pro, and Apowersoftware Free Online Video Converter. With any of those free tools, you can easily create an MP4 file from ISO images. But among all the listed converters, we still highly recommend DVDFab DVD Ripper.