How to Convert ISO to MP4 Free via 8 Best Tools
Summary: Converting your ISO files to MP4 format can make them easier to store and play on common devices. Here we list the top 8 ISO converters for Windows and Mac that help convert your ISO files into a digital format, so you can enjoy your media on any device.
Convert encrypted DVDs, ISO files or Folders to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc.
Enjoy DVD ISO files on mobile devices, media players, or home theaters.
Offer a built-in video editor to customize your video.
Improve video quality from 480p to 1080p with AI enhancement.
Table of Contents
- 2. Convert ISO to MP4 Free with Top 8 ISO Video Converters
1. Why You Need to Convert ISO to MP4
Here, let's first check the reason why ISO to digital conversion is necessary.
(1) ISO files are in a large size
ISO files, also generally called ISO images, are created by people as a digital backup of the DVD content on an external disk, hard drive, or others. So they contain the entire contents of a DVD which is why ISO files are normally a large size. Usually, a 90-minute ISO ranges from 5GB to 8GB. If you don't expect the ISO files to take too much space, converting ISO to MP4 is a good choice.
(2) ISO files can not be played on various devices
Apart from this, ISO files are not as compatible with the MP4 format. They cannot be directly played on various mobile and other devices, such as smartphones, Xbox One, PS4, TV, etc. Thus, converting ISO files to MP4 can lead to easy playback, sharing, and editing on various devices without any hassle.
Apart from that, we will show you the best 8 free ISO to MP4 converters, including desktop and online software.
2. Convert ISO to MP4 Free with Top 8 ISO Video Converters
There are several ISO video converters to help you transfer an ISO file to digital formats for better playback. You will know their feature highlights and how-to guides. Follow me to get first-hand information about such free programs.
(1) DVDFab DVD Ripper [Best Recommended]
This is a full-featured free software packed up with almost all functions needed to convert disc images to MP4. If you are hunting for options on how to convert an ISO file to MP4 free without losing any quality, then DVDFab DVD Ripper is your top pick.
Here are the key features of DVDFab ISO converter
- The ONLY tool that supports the newest released copy-protected DVDs
- Convert ISO images /DVD folders /DVDs to 1000+ video & audio formats, like MP4
- Rip ISO to MP4 or other formats available on 260 devices like Apple, Huawei, etc
- Customize the output video with Advanced Settings and built-in video editor
- Extract subtitles from DVD to SRT format; get rid of or add subtitles
- Work with Enlarger AI to upscale video from 480p to 1080p
- Support batch conversion at lightning speed
Note: DVDFab DVD Ripper offers a completely free but simplified version: DVDFab HD Decrypter, which supports converting DVD & Blu-ray ISO file to MP4&MKV formats only.
Steps to convert ISO to MP4 with DVDFab DVD Ripper
First, here's a short video with instructive steps. You can also continue reading for the textual tutorials directly.
Step 1: Free Download DVDFab DVD Ripper
Is DVDFab safe? Yes, absolutely. You can get this program downloaded for free. It is virus-free and user-friendly.
Step 2: Add ISO image file
When you launch this tool, go ahead and choose the "Ripper" module > drag & drop your ISO file to main interface. Alternatively, you can also click the '+' icon to import your source files. DVDFab DVD Ripper supports batch conversion, so you can rip video from multiple ISO files at a time.
Step 3: Select DVD chapter, audio, and subtitle to convert
As you see, there are many customized options for you, including specific chapters, audio, and subtitle. Besides, you can also click 'None' under 'Subtitle' to get rid of DVD subtitles, and click 'Add External Subtitle' to add subtitles to video.
Step 4: Choose an output format
Click 'Choose Other Profile' on the main interface, and then select ‘Format' > 'Video'. Here, you can convert ISO to MP4, MPEG, AVI, FLV, MKV, TS, WebM, WMV, etc.
Step 5: Customize your video
You can also customize the output video and make some changes per your liking. For example, you can set up your video resolution, and change its frame rate, or bit rates via the 'Advanced Settings' button represented by the wrench icon.
Here is an option vital for you to convert ISO file to MPEG. That is, 'Advanced Settings' > 'Codec' under 'Video' > 'MPEG4'. Do this operation after you hit 'Choose Other Profile' >'MP4'.
Or, you can add text, images, and subtitles to your video if needed. And you are also supported to trim or crop your video through this 'Video Edit' button represented by the pen icon.
Step 6: Start the conversion process
Pick up a location for your MP4 video on the bottom of the interface. When you are ready, click on the Start button to start the ripping and conversion proces.
Aside from converting DVD ISO files, you can also convert Blu ray ISO files to MP4 with the free Blu-ray Ripper compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 13.
(2) AVC: Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is an ISO video conversion software that allows you to convert video files to a wide range of formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, and more. It also provides various customized options for you.
Here are some main features of AVC ISO converter:
- Safe and clean
- Convert DVDs & CDs & videos to various formats
- Record and capture video screen with high output quality
- Burn any video to blank DVD disc to create a homemade DVD
- Edit video clips with a cut, crop, and other special effects
- Brief guidance on how to use this tool
Con: Extra software may come along
Here is how to transform ISO files into MP4 format with AVC Any Video Converter.
Step 1: Add an ISO image file to this software
Click “Add Disc” for a drop-down list to choose the “Add DVD ISO Files” option. As a result, a new window pops up where you can add your ISO files from your PC. Once it is added, it will be displayed on the panel with detailed information, such as duration, format, size, etc.
Step 2: Select MP4 format
Unfold the Output Profile to choose the option “Customize MP4”. Of course, there are many other options presented in this software.
Step 3: Customize your video
You can change some parameters of your video, such as the video size, video bitrate, frame rate, etc., based on your preference.
Step 4: Hit on that “Convert” button to start the conversion process
HandBrake is a free and open-source conversion tool that supports working in multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Here are the features and user guide on how to convert ISO to MP4 with HandBrake.
Main features of HandBrake ISO converter:
- Convert videos with various codecs to make them compatible with all your devices
- Constantly updating to meet users’ requirements
- Available on both Windows and Mac
- Errors could happen sometimes
- Limited editing features
- Not friendly for the beginners
- If you want to convert an encrypted ISO file, you need to remove its DVD copying protection with a useful decrypter first.
Steps to rip an ISO file to digital MP4 with HandBrake
Step 1: Import your ISO file from the computer
Get HandBrake free download on your computer. Open it, then click the “File” tab on the left side panel to import your ISO files.
Step 2: Set your ISO file
After the ISO file is added, you can set it by choosing its title, and presetting format.
Step 3: Start the ISO to the MP4 conversion process
The final step is to click the Start Encode button to begin the conversion process.
(4) WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro
WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro is a paid software that is capable of ripping and converting DVD ISO files to various digital formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, and more. In addition, it comes with a variety of features.
Main features of WonderFox ISO video converter:
- Back up DVDs to audio formats
- Rip ISO to MKV, MP4 and other video formats
- Preserve the original picture quality
- Work fast
- Edit videos without difficulty
Limitation: Windows systems only
Now, we come to the brief steps on how to use WonderFox DVD Ripper Pro:
Step 1: Load your ISO image file
After launching the software, you can click the “ISO Image” button to load your ISO image file. Furthermore, you can also add DVD Disc or DVD Folder to this program as well.
Step 2: Select MP4 as the output format
On the right side has an output format menu from where you can select MP4 format in the Video part. In addition to this, over 300 videos and formats are provided here.
Step 3: Start converting ISO to MP4
Hit on that RUN button to start the conversion during which process the file size can be reduced from 6-8 GB to around 1GB.
(5) Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter
Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter is a great application that is available for Windows and Mac OS. This free ISO converter does well in converting ISO files, as it can convert videos to any type of video or audio format at an amazing speed.
Main features of Apowersoft ISO to MP4 converter:
- Convert, extract, and rip DVD to MP4 or other popular format
- Support video editing thanks to some integrated editing tools
- Rip video to the majority of portable video players
- Fast video conversion speed
- No spyware
Limitation: Not friendly to the beginners
Step 1: Visit the official website of Apowersoft Free Online Video Converter to download the software.
Step 2: Then, you can click on the “Browse” button to locate your ISO files. And next, add one of your ISO files to the software.
Step 3: Opt for the MP4 format as the output format which is followed by clicking on that “Convert” button to begin the ISO conversion process.
(6) Prism Video Converter
Prism Video Converter has a very simple-to-use interface. You can use it to convert ISO files to MP4 easily after downloading Prism Video Converter on your computer. Here is the user guide for this software.
- Only support format conversion, no video editor provided
- Work on Windows instead of Mac
How to use Prism ISO Video Converter:
- Step 1: Download and install Prism Video Converter on Windows
- Step 2: Import your ISO
- Step 3: Choose a folder to save the output file
- Step 4: Set the output format as MP4 and start the conversion process
(7) EaseFab DVD Ripper
EaseFab DVD Ripping software is one of the few free ISO file openers that supports DVD folder, ISO, and IFO file input. Of course, you can get it as a good assistant in ISO conversion.
How to use EaseFab free ISO to MP4 converter:
- Get it launched on Windows 10/8.1/8/7
- Add an ISO file to this program
- Set the output video, audio, subtitle, and profile
- Save the converted ISO file to a folder
- Click the Convert button
(8）ISO to MP4 Online
If you don't want to install any free software on your computer, there is also an online tool to do that.
- Go to file-converter-online.com and choose File to upload (Dropbox, Google Drive, URL)
- Select the output file format
- Start to transforming your ISO file to MP4
- Download the file
- Low speed to load an ISO file
- Take a long time to complete the conversion process
3. Final Thought
To sum up, here are the top 8 best ISO file converters to solve your problems, including DVDFab DVD Ripper, AVC, Handbrake, Wonderfox DVD Ripper Pro, and Apowersoftware Free Online Video Converter. With any of those free tools, you can easily create an MP4 file from ISO images. But among all the listed converters, we still highly recommend DVDFab DVD Ripper.