How to Record Your Computer Screen in Windows 10?
Summary: We have entered the digital age where media in all forms is used for educational, entertainment, and informational purposes. Most people record their screens to upload tutorials and fun videos on the internet for people to watch and learn. If you need to know how to record your computer screen, you can try out our top 7 screen recorders. You can also try DVDFab video enhancer AI to improve the recordings' quality.
Table of Contents
- How to Record Your Computer Screen Using the Top Screen Recorders?
Screen recording is a very common feature these days, and most devices, whether they are desktops or mobile phones, have a tool to record screens. If you're trying to figure out how to record your computer screen on Windows 10, you must know that there is an inbuilt Xbox game bar that has screen recording features.
However, the problem with this recording feature is that it doesn't cover many programs, including the device manager. So, you require an app that records your entire desktop and downloaded apps. This article will talk about our top 7 screen recording applications that can download all the functions you perform on your computer. Some of them come with a video editor.
If you often wonder how to record your computer screen, you need to know about our top 7 screen recorders for computers. All of them are easy to use and offer high-quality recordings.
Now that we have told you about our favorite recorders to screen record on your computer, it's time for us to tell you how you can improve the quality of your recording. Many screen recorders lack editing features like video quality enhancement and super-resolution technology. Still, you can make up for that by using DVDFab Video Enhancer AI, a free tool.
- It can upscale all your videos and screen recordings up to 4K using super-resolution technology.
- It has the simplest interface that anyone with minimal AI knowledge can understand. Instead of complex processing, you only have to click a few buttons.
- The best part about using DVDFab Video Enhancer AI is that you can easily restore your old videos.
One of our top favorite screen recorders for the computer is Filmora because it allows users to customize recording settings. You can select a full-screen recording or a specific area recording. However, the best part about Filmora is that it allows you to do webcam recordings, which many screen recorders for computers don't allow.
- It has a straightforward interface, and it comes with a free trial version.
- You don’t have to deal with the Filmora watermark as the exported files don’t have it.
- You get an in-built editor for your screen recordings.
- Once the trial period ends, you have to buy the tool. The recordings you export using the trial version have the Filmora watermark.
- You don't get the option to upload your files which can be annoying directly.
Every time you search for how to record your screen computer, the option of FreeCam will come on the search engine because it is one of the best tools for screen recording. The software has a built-in audio and video editor, making it easy for the users to customize the recorded files.
- The best part about FreeCam is that it is ad-free even though it is open-source software, and users don’t have to deal with the annoying water issue.
- There are no time-limit restrictions, and you get high-quality video files.
- You don’t get the webcam recording option which is a bummer.
- The tool only allows users to save exported files in WMV format.
If you don't know how to record your computer screen while attending live sessions on various social media platforms, you must try out OBS. It is one of the top screen recorders for live streaming and gaming videos. And the best part about this tool is that you don't have to deal with the watermark issue. OBS is a completely free screen recorder that you can use to get high-quality recordings.
- It is an open-source screen recording software that allows easy switching during broadcasting.
- You can easily use the software to connect with streaming providers as it has a straightforward interface.
- The feature-packed tool does not have a video editor, making it difficult for users to customize the videos.
Are you looking for a highly productive and reliable screen recorder that does not come in between your work efficiency? Try ShareX as it comes with the screenshot feature while screen recording, which saves time. You can control the recording speed and get the option to record the full screen, specific screen area, and selected windows.
- The best part about ShareX is that it allows its users to save the video/ recorded files in GIF format.
- ShareX is a free recording and editing tool that is also ad-free.
- The bad part about this tool is that even though you can record gaming, you cannot do it in full-screen mode.
- You must have some recording and editing knowledge to use this screen recorder.
If you are looking for how to record your computer screen, you need to try TinyTake. It is a great app for recording tutorials and highlighting key pointers. The tool's interface is highly user-friendly, and it comes with a free version that can record up to 5 minutes without any lag.
- TinyTake is great for static screen captures during presentation recording.
- You get an extra 2GB of space for static shots and videos, which is great.
- You cannot screen record gaming using the app as it slows down and even stops recording.
- The free version of the tool doesn’t contain many advanced features.
Even though Flashback Express is a paid tool for screen recording on your computer, it is quite affordable and comes with multiple features. Even though the tool comes with a free trial, it lags a lot when used, and also there are no advanced features for screen recording and editing in that version. Overall, you can easily record gaming, presentation videos, tutorials, and guides on flashback express because it is a powerful screen recording tool.
- The best part about this tool is that you have many options while you're exporting the recorded files.
- It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy and quick to record screens and edit videos.
- The only bad thing about this tool is that it lags in the free version.
- Another disadvantage is that you don’t get a feature-packed video editor.
If you are trying to figure out how to record your screen on computer because you want to screen record tutorials or guides, check out Camtasia. It is one of the best screen recorders with a video editor for your recorded files. The best part about this tool is that you can use it even if you have minimal knowledge about screen recording and video editing.
- Camtasia offers you to edit the audio and video in your recorded files separately.
- You can add captions and quizzes, edit frame by frame, and include the audio and videos from the tool's library in your recordings.
- You also get the option to do webcam recordings, unlike many other screen recorders.
- The biggest disadvantage of using Camtasia is that you don’t get a free trial version. The paid version is quite expensive.
- The efficiency of the software is not that good if you are doing other tasks on your computer.
Even though Windows 10 has a screen recording feature by the name Xbox Game Bar; however, there are so many functions that it doesn’t perform. And the recording bar might not be able to record several activities you do on your computer. Also, if you often question how to record your computer screen on Windows 10, we hope we have answered that.
You can read the features, advantages, and disadvantages of all the screen recorders we mentioned and select the one that satisfies your needs the best. We keep updating our reads about fun tools like that, so stay tuned.
If you are wondering how to record your computer screen on Windows 10, you can easily do it by using the Xbox gaming bar. It has a screen recording feature that will easily allow you to record your gaming live actions.
However, if you have an interest in screen recording presentations and other functions on your computer, you can choose Filmora, Camtasia, or any other screen recorder we have mentioned.
If you often ask yourself how to screen record on your computer, especially on Windows 10, you need to know that it's pretty simple. You will press the windows button and then press the G key to access the game bar that has the recording feature. The game bar has audio, video recording, and broadcasting features.
You can easily record your computer screen while working using a reliable app; however, you won't find the built-in option on Windows 10. So, you will first have to download the screen recorder you like after considering its features, pricing, and other factors.
And if you don’t know which screen recorder will be best for your computer, you can look at our top 7 screen recorders of all time and select the one you like the most.
Even though we have answered your query about how to screen record your computer, it's time to deal with another common question, i.e., screen recording for iOS. And the best way to record screens on iOS is by using the DVDFab screen recorder and editor for iOS, a free features-packed recorder.