6 Best & Free DVD to Mp4 Converters in 2022
Summary: How can one watch DVDs on a tablet or Smartphone? Discover the six most acceptable options for converting DVD to MP4 in only a few clicks, including free and paid options. Learn more about them now!
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalized Video with Built-in Video Editor
Blu-ray technology and mobile entertainment platforms have mostly made DVD useless over the years. Now, DVDs aren't quite as popular as they previously were. As a result, many individuals continue to own DVDs that include their favorite films or home videos.
If you have a laptop or a DVD player, no problem: you can view DVDs on either of these devices. DVDs are not compatible with today's standard electronic gadgets. So, how can one watch DVDs on a tablet or Smartphone? Discover the six most acceptable options for converting DVD to MP4 in only a few clicks, including free and paid options. Learn more about them now!
Video ripping software DVDFab DVD Ripper lets you rip DVDs into conventional video formats. This DVD to mp4 converter can also rip solely audio, so if you want music from a film or TV show, it can do that.
- Multi-core CPUs and Intel Quick Sync are used to provide batch conversion.
- You can improve the quality of your output videos by a factor of ten.
- Profiles for converting 4K to H.265
- It's possible to rip DVDs with several VTS safeguards.
- One of the greatest free DVD rippers with audio-visual effects is this one.
- Allows you to obtain detailed information from the music database automatically.
- This is one of the best DVD rippers for Mac that supports the most recent security features.
How to convert DVD to mp4 using DVDFab DVD Ripper?
Use the DVDFab DVD Ripper software to import the DVD source.
Download this free DVD ripper and select the Ripper option. However, if a DVD is already in the optical drive, go to it using the Add button. Drag and drop an ISO file or folder onto the workspace. Rip DVDs on your Mac or PC using this free DVD ripper.
Customize the DVD video output by choosing a profile.
To convert a DVD to MP4 or other digital format, go to "Choose Other Profile" > "Format" > "Video" in the menu. These options are available, including selecting audio tracks and languages, extracting DVD subtitles to SRT format, and adding external subtitles.
'Advanced Settings' and 'Video Edit' allows you to customize video and audio characteristics to meet your specific demands. Choose "Enlarger AI" to automatically upgrade video quality. "Save" your video to a hard drive or a mobile device, then upload it to YouTube.
Begin ripping DVDs for free.
To rip DVDs for free, click Start. The tearing process will be demonstrated. You can cancel the DVD ripping operation, shut down your PC, exit the software, hibernate, or do nothing. This is how to rip DVDs for free.
Handbrake is a widely used free DVD ripper for Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you have libdvdcss installed, Handbrake can rip CSS and RLE DVDs to MP4 and MKV. There are sophisticated options available for exact encoding settings, effects, parameter tweaking, etc., but they require some practice.
Note: To convert ripped DVD to mp4 on Windows 10 or 11, you must have Microsoft DESKTOP runtime 5. x installed.
How to rip a DVD to mp4 using Handbrake?
- On your PC or Mac, download, install, and launch Handbrake.
- Put the DVD you wish to convert to MP4 into the player.
- To load the DVD video, click Open Source. Please download libdvdcss if the DVD, ISO image, or DVD folder is encoded with CSS or region code. Otherwise, you'll get an error notice that says "no valid source or titles detected." It's worth noting that you can only rip unencrypted DVDs.
- For non-commercial DVDs, the main title will be chosen. You may manually select the title from encrypted DVDs using VLC.
- Select General, Web, Matroska, Hardware, and other options from the Presets dropdown menu. Choose Fast480p30 for the United States or Fast576p25 for Europe. You may also pick HQ for improved image quality, but this will slow down the DVD encoding process.
- Select MP4 from the Format dropdown list in the Summary.
- Select a target folder for the resulting MP4 file by clicking Browse.
- Then, in the toolbar above, choose Start Encode.
With its simple UI and excellent DVD decoder, VLC is a good choice. It can also convert DVDs to MP4, H.264, H.265, WMV, WebM, etc. But there are certain drawbacks. There's no way to decrypt a protected DVD using VLC, and there's no way to alter the conversion's aspect ratio or loudness.
How to rip DVD to mp4 free using VLC?
- Get the VLC media player, install it, and open it. VLC should be used to play the original DVD.
- Open the converter, go to the Media menu in the upper left corner of the main screen, and select Convert/Save. To load the DVD, click the Disc button.
- Once the DVD is in the Disc Device, click Convert/Save. Alternatively, go to the Open Disc from Media tab > browse and select DVD location at Disc Drive > select Convert from the dropdown menu next to the Play button from the Open Disc from Media tab.
- Select Video - h.264 + MP3 from the Profile dropdown menu when the Convert box appears.
- To save the converted movie, click the Browse button. Then press the Start button to convert a DVD to an mp4 file.
A comprehensive library of 50+ preprogrammed profiles mean you can not only convert DVDs to digital MP4, WMV, AVI video files but also format your DVDs for playback on phones, tablets, smart TVs, and gaming devices. Unlike other free DVD to MP4 converters, it removes DVD region codes and other safeguards. But Freemake won't work on other encrypted DVDs.
How to use this one of the best free DVD to mp4 converters?
- After downloading the DVD to the MP4 converter, start it up and insert a DVD into the drive.
- Select your DVD drive containing the physical movie, then select a VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD by clicking the +DVD button at the top. From the list, select the most extensive VOB file. The application will read the disc and display several different titles. The one with the largest length should be chosen. Note that Freemake cannot read copy-protected DVDs, and even the longest title length does not always ensure a successful DVD to MP4 conversion. Therefore, you need to use another DVD ripper.
- Change the MP4 settings, if necessary, by selecting MP4 from the profile list at the bottom of the screen. For example, you may choose from various quality options in the dropdown menus, such as keeping with regular DVD quality or upconverting to 720p, albeit this will lose detail.
- After making the adjustments, click the Convert button to begin the DVD conversion.
Free DVD to Video Converter VideoSoft is a little Windows tool that can rip DVDs to MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, and mobile devices, including iPhones, iPad, and Apple TVs. Use the application to pick DVD titles, languages, and subtitles without effort.
How to convert DVD to mp4 free using DVDVideoSoft?
- After installing the software on your computer, open it and pick a disc holding your DVD or DVD folder by clicking the Browse option.
- Then choose the DVD title you wish to convert to MP4 by clicking the Choose option. If you're unsure which title is accurate, you can use VLC to play the DVD and remember the title. You may also select your preferred languages and subtitles before clicking OK.
- To select an output folder, click Browse. Then choose MP4 as the output format from the Formats menu. You'll find them in the Presets optimized for computer or mobile device playback section.
- When you've completed all of the steps, click Convert to begin.
MediaCoder is a free media transcoding program that can convert DVDs to various video and audio formats, including H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8/VP9, and others. It uses QuickSync, NVENC, and CUDA to provide a fast DVD to H.264/H.265 conversion speed. Users may also change output options such as video bitrate, format, rate mode, etc. However, getting started with the software is rather complex.
How to use this DVD converter to mp4 software?
- Open the DVD to MP4 converter software. Select your DVD from the File menu and click Add Track.
- Check the Enable Video function box under the Video tab. Select MPEG4 from the Format dropdown menu.
- To designate where the application should save the converted files, click the Output Folder, then click START and wait.
While DVDs are nearing extinction, MP4 has evolved as a popular video format supported by various devices and operating systems. Your DVDs must be converted in MP4 format to be viewed on all mobile, tablet, and computer platforms.
Uncompressed DVD to MP4 conversion requires a good DVD converter. This program will convert DVD to MP4 quickly and effortlessly. Our choice is DVD Ripper, a full-featured DVD to MP4 converter with a quick and clean UI. It is one of the best in terms of multimedia (DVD and movie) converters.