Watch New DVD Releases on Your Desktop and Mobile without a DVD Player
Summary: Learn how to copy DVD to computer and how to rip DVD to computer. The first two software I have mentioned in this post is capable of transferring copy-protected DVDs to computer. Would you like to have a free trial?
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalized Video with Built-in Video Editor
Are you looking for ways to get the information from a video DVD to your hard drive? Or want to know how to watch DVD on computer? You may have tried it before but the fact is computers won’t recognize DVD, no matter how many computer DVD players you use.
Here comes the role of transferring DVD to the computer into the picture. Ripping and copying DVDs to computers are the easiest ways of getting DVD movies right in your computer’s internal storage. Today we are going to guide you about the latest ways of getting and extracting all the information from your DVD to your computers.
Table of Contents
- 2. Top 10 Free software to copy and rip DVD to the computer
Basically, you can do this using two similar yet different techniques.
- Rip DVD to computer
- Copy DVD to computer.
Keep in mind that copying and ripping are two different yet closely related terms. If you do not know about it, we will discuss how to rip DVD to computer and how to copy DVD to computer.
Let’s understand the differences first.
Many people confuse these two terms, however, ripping DVD to computer is quite different from copying DVD to computer. Whether you copy or rip the DVD to the computer, your main goal is to transfer the data from one place to the other. However, these two methods involve the use of different techniques to achieve the same goals.
The difference between ripping and copying is a subtle one. Essentially, copying DVD to a computer or any other medium means duplicating the structure of the original disk, bit for bit, either to an ISO file onto a new disk or on your computer's hard drive.
On the other hand, ripping DVD to a computer or any other medium involves the conversion of all the data into the video file you can store on a hard drive, USB stick, or copy to your cell phone or tablet. Ripping, however, means converting some or all of the data on the disk into a video file. Usually, this involves a degree of compression, making the resulting video file much smaller than a straight copy of the DVD would have been. It strips out menus, adverts, trailers, and any special features in the DVD extras, concentrating on the main movie content of the disk.
Then, which one do you prefer? Rip DVD to computer or copy DVD to computer? Here, let’s introduce you some software able to download DVD to computer in either ways.
Here are the 10 most popular and 100% legit DVD copying and ripping software for 2022. They will allow you to burn DVD to computer and clear all of your confusions regarding how to transfer DVD to computer and DVD won't play on computer.
- DVDFab DVD Ripper
- DVDFab DVD Copy
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Free Make DVD Ripping and copying tool
- MakeMKV DVD Ripper
- WonderFox DVD Ripper
- Aimer Fox DVD Ripping Tool
- Leawo DVD Ripping Tool
- WonderShare DVD Copier
- Burn Aware DVD Copier
Let’s discuss all of them in detail and learn how to copy a DVD to my computer, and how to rip a DVD to your computer.
If you are looking for the safest, easiest, fastest, and instant tool to rip DVD to computer, then DVDFab DVD Ripper is the number one choice.
Why choose DVDFab DVD Ripper?
It is very powerful and flexible ripping software that allows you to convert DVD to 1000+ digital formats that include AVI, MPEG 4, FLV, M2TS, MKV (Apple ProRes), MP4 (Apple ProRes, Mobile, Theater), TS, WebM, WMV. Moreover, you can also rip audio from DVD in 16 formats. The best part is, you will never face quality loss while ripping DVD to computer.
Now let’s study how to rip DVD using this tool.
Step 1: Free Download DVDFab DVD Ripper on your computer
Is it safe to rip a DVD with this software? Yes, it is virus-free and offers a 30-day free trial. You can use this DVD ripper on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 13. How to rip copy-protected DVDs? This program can detect and remove region code, UOPs, etc. Automatically.
Step 2: Choose the “Ripper” Module and load your DVD
After launching DVDFab 12, click the module of ‘Ripper’ to learn how to download DVD to computer in digital formats like MP4, MKV, etc. It is lucky enough for your laptop computer with DVD drive. If there is not, prepare one in advance to rip DVD to computer.
Step 3: Set the output video format
Which format do you want to rip DVD to computer? Click ‘Choose Other Profile’ and select a video format you want. You can convert your DVD to MP4, MKV, WebM, WMV, TS, FLV, AVI, MPEG, M2TS and so on. Besides ripping DVD to computer, you can also rip DVD audio, extract subtitles from a DVD, and improve video quality to 1080p or 4K.
Step 4: Choose DVD movie titles, audio tracks and subtitles to rip on computer
After DVDFab DVD ripper finishes analyzing your DVD videos, the runtime, chapter, audio, subtitle information will be displayed on the main interface of this free DVD ripper immediately. Then, it is time for you to rip a DVD to computer by selecting preferred chapters, audios, subtitles, etc. Besides, you can also get rid of subtitles from a DVD by clicking ‘None’, and add videos to subtitle using the ‘Add External Subtitle’ option.
Step 5: Customize your video while transferring DVD to computer
‘Advanced Settings’ and ‘Video Edit’ are two video editors for you to customize a DVD. The former allows you to customize the parameters of video, audio, subtitle; while the latter enables you to crop, trim, speed up/down, zoom in/out, adjust the properties of a video, etc. For details about how to use them, read this "How to Rip a DVD".
Step 6: Set the output destination to save DVD to computer
There are three choices to download DVD to computer, including Mobile Device, Folder, and YouTube. In order to rip DVD to computer, choose the second option and click the button ‘Start’.
Congrats, you are successful in transferring DVD to computer with this free DVD Ripper. DVDFab DVD ripper supports batch conversion form DVD to computer, so you can rip as many DVDs to computer with just one click. Next, let’s see how to copy DVD to computer.
When it comes to the best DVD copy software, DVDFab DVD Copy is second to none.
With this amazing tool, you no longer need to look for computer DVD players or burn DVD to the computer. So if you have already installed a DVD player for the computer, please delete it as it won't play on the computer.
Well, now instead of asking: Why does my DVD not play on my computer? You should go for this powerful and user-friendly software that allows you to copy DVDs without losing the original audio and video quality.
Here is how to save DVD to computer with the free DVD copier.
Step 1: Free download DVDFab DVD copy on PC
It is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 11.3. You can copy DVD to computer to DVD free and safely using this free DVD copy software. Can I use it to copy protected DVD? Of course, it can decrypt all the DVD copy protections like region code automatically. If you choose other DVD copiers unable to copy a protected DVD, remove the DVD protections in advance with free Passkey for DVD.
Step 2: Click ‘Copy’ module and add your DVD
Launch DVDFab 12, and select the module of ‘Copy’ first. Then, choose a copy mode from the 6 options: Full Disc, Main Movie, Customize, Split, Merge, Clone/Burn. Usually, When you copy DVD to computer using this free DVD copier, the Main Movie mode will be selected by default.
Step 3: Select DVD chapter, audio, and subtitles to rip DVD to computer
You are free to choose any DVD chapter, audio track, and subtitle to rip and watch DVD on computer.
Step 4: Copy DVD to computer based on your needs
Click ‘Advanced Settings’ on the main interface of this free DVD copy software and set the volume label, output (DVD 5/9), DVD-video/Non-DVD files copy or not, DTS/menu remove or not, etc.
Step 4:Set the output folder and click ‘Start’
How to copy a DVD to my computer? Set the output destination as Folder and start to save DVD to computer.
How long does it take DVDFab DVD Copy to copy DVD to computer? Empowered by accelerated CPU and hardware, this DVD copier works 30x faster and supports bulk DVD to computer copy.
It is another ripping software that you can use to rip DVD to computer. However, before you proceed with this DVD ripper, you should know the pros and cons.
- 100% legal and safe to use.
- Fast and efficient.
- Easily make digital copies of newly bought or previous DVDs.
- The trial version is limited to convert 5-min video for evaluating purposes.
- No free update to the latest full version.
- Advanced features are not available.
It is another high-quality software that is used for ripping and copying DVD to computer. If you want to play DVD on a computer, it will definitely help as 180 million people are already benefiting from it.
- Convert video for free in more than 500+ formats and allow you to copy and rip DVD to the computer.
- No hidden costs and you can copy DVD to the computer for free.
- Safe and reliable.
- Allow both ripping and copying DVD to computer.
- It may not work perfectly on Linux.
- Copying the DVD to the computer may take longer.
If you want to rip DVD to the computer, then look no further. It is capable of transferring DVD to computer.
- No time limitations
- Safe and secure.
- It converts DVD movies to MKV Video files only.
- Can’t rip DVD to computer.
- Burned DVD won’t play on the computer.
- You may face hidden costs.
Wonderfox claims itself to be the fastest DVD ripping software. If you want to rip DVD to computer, you should opt for the free trials and find the discount offers as well.
- The free and fully registered version has no limitations.
- Allow you to play DVD on computer, no matter how long the file is.
- Comes up with various discount offers.
- Rich functionality with an easy interface.
- Good customer support and can get immediate help in ripping and copying DVD to computer.
- Sometimes, you may face speed issues while dealing with the latest version.
- Can only rip DVD to the computer and not to other equipment.
You can use this amazing software to rip DVD to computer and then save it to various video formats. The built-in video editor makes it easy for you to perform all the video editing functions along with ripping DVD to computer.
- You can share the ripped files on various video platforms including youtube.
- It allows you to download DVDs to computer.
- It helps you in transferring DVD to computer without losing video quality.
- You may face difficulty in ripping DVD to computer.
- Slightly drop in the video output quality is observed.
Leawo DVD Ripping tool is the platform that allows you to rip DVD to computer and save it without losing the video quality. With this tool, you can save DVD to computer in more than 180 different video and audio formats.
- Convert DVD to 180+ audio and video files including the popular MP4, MKV, FLV, MP3, AAC, and more.
- It also guides the users on how to watch DVD on computer and how to download a DVD to computer.
- Fast conversion powered with NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP, and Intel Quick Sync acceleration.
- The conversion speed is slow as compared to the competitors.
- Video editing functionalities are basic.
How to copy a DVD to computer for either professional or personal purposes, you can go for this option. It is fast and simple.
- Best for copying DVD and Blu-Ray discs.
- A simple and efficient tool for writing to DVD as well.
- Copy DVD to computer in a few simple steps.
- Customer support is not so responsive.
- Getting a license may take longer.
It is an excellent tool that allows you to not only copy DVD to computer but also create a wide variety of DVDs.
- It is fast, making DVD copying easy. You can also burn DVD to computer using this tool.
- Can also be used for writing a wide range of DVD formats.
- You can even create M-discs.
- Instead of all multi-functionalities, you can't rip DVD to computer using this tool.
- The interface can be difficult to understand for the new users.
In this comprehensive guide, we have explained to you clearly how to rip DVD to computer and how to copy DVD to computer. Our experts have tested various DVD ripping and copying tools and found out that the first two DVD ripping and copying tools (DVDFab DVD Ripper & DVDFab DVD Copy) are super easy, fast, and provide high functionality.
Well, if you still have questions on how to rip a DVD to your computer or how to copy a DVD to a computer, feel free to contact email@example.com.