Top 8 M4V to MP4 Converters to Use
Summary: One of the biggest video vendors in the world, iTunes Store provides more than 45,000 films and 190,000 TV episodes available for download. A large number of users who download videos from iTunes get a great experience. But, to their disappointment, all downloaded videos come with usage limitations enforced by FairPlay, and the majority of videos are encoded in M4V format.
Table of Contents
- M4V to MP4 with DVDFab Video Converter Pro
Presently, the best yet most effective way to convert M4V to MP4 is to use some powerful M4V to MP4 converter. This article will list some of the best MP4 to M4V converters that can help you convert M4V to MP4 Mac as well as convert MP4 to M4V, thereby working both ways. Read below to know more.
DVDFab Video Converter Pro is the best tool to convert M4V to MP4. This tool is perfect for such types of conversions. It also allows you to convert videos and audio into different formats. The DVDFab Video Converter module of this tool will help you know how to convert M4V to MP4. Below are some features of this tool.
Various media formats support
DVDFab Video Converter Pro has the ability to convert different media formats from more than 1000 formats. It ensures that users get the smooth and best experience by providing metadata. This is done as the tool provides the meta info of the media sources and shows this data in the final output.
Personalized media options
You can add subtitles and audio streams to the video. You can also modify video parameters as per your needs. In addition to this, you can also compress video with the required quality and size for sharing on social networks.
DVDFab Video Converter Pro provides built-in video editing features which let you add titles or subtitles with background music or special effects to video. You can add a premium opener or intro to introduce their video. The tool also allows to crop off unwanted parts, rotate video, trim clips from the video, or merge clips into one.
Fast conversion speed
The tool offers use latest Intel Quick Sync, NVIDIA CUDA, multi-core, and multi-threading tech. This ensures that any media conversion task is processed with high speed in a bunch.
Using Enlarger AI, the poor-quality media files can be upgraded into high-quality 4K videos.
Follow the below steps to know how to convert M4V to MP4 on Mac using DVDFab Video Converter Pro.
- Download, install, and open the tool and click the Video Converter section on the main UI.
2. Upload the source M4V video using the Add buttons.
3. Users get the option to change the video quality and size here, thereby compressing the video.
4. Click the Choose Other Profile >> Format and Device options.
5. Users need to select MP4 format from here.
6. Next, go to the Save to option and click the folder logo to choose the output directory.
7. Click the Start option to convert video fast and free.
Earlier known as Joyoshare Video Converter, Joyoshare VidiKit is one of the popular M4V to MP4 converters that will carefully help you in this situation. The tool can convert your M4V files without restrictions into high quality. It provides faster speed, thereby allowing you to personalize, edit, and improve your videos prior to conversion in an easy and fast manner. It supports almost all mainstream multimedia formats such as WMV, MKV, M4V, ASF, and M4A. In addition to this, it is also compatible with modern devices such as gaming consoles, smart TVs, and iOS devices.
- The tool has enhanced editing features for any type of editing
- You can use the tool on Mac and PC for batch converting M4V to MP4 with one click
- The tool preserves 100% original quality with the high-speed conversion
- The tool supports 4K video lossless conversions for great output
- The tool has an intuitive and unique interface and supports over 150 formats
- The tool comes with an in-built media player that allows you to play and preview converted videos
- It comes with a toolbox with features of a video compressor, video recorder, video repairer, etc.
- Lacks some basic features
- Sometimes buggy
- It does not support GIF
If you are in search of a dependable M4V to MP4 converter, DRmare might be your option. The tool carefully unlocks M4V files and allows you to play them offline. It does not matter the type of audio or video format you want to convert. The tool supports tons of file formats such as MOV, MPEG, MP3, M4V, etc. In addition to this, you can personalize your video options such as codec, bit rate, and frame rate to enhance the output videos.
- The tool supports batch conversion
- The tool is easy to use
- The tool losslessly converts your media into any output format
- The tool runs at a faster speed on any device
- The free version has limited features
- The tool frequently asks you to purchase the paid version
Freemake video converter presents useful abilities and features to convert M4V to MP4. It can convert any movie and video to different output formats without restrictions. It is also fast enough to convert various videos at once. Once your videos are converted, the tool will upload them automatically to iOS and iTunes.
- The tool transcodes high video quality such as HD, 4K, and Full HD 1080p
- The tool is free to use
- You can also encode videos to Flash FLV, SWF, and other media formats
- You can easily edit video by joining, cutting, rotating, and merging the clips
- Its design is not impressive
- Difficult to understand
- Editing features are buggy
NoteBurner is free to use before you update to its Pro edition. With a faster rate, this converter allows you to convert different M4V videos with a batch conversion feature. Also, the tool allows you to specify your video's codecs, aspect ratio, bitrate, and size, among other aspects.
- You can easily save multilingual audio and subtitles tracks on iTunes
- The tool converts iTunes movies and videos to lossless video files
- Users can enjoy free technical support and upgrade once they buy it
- The tool supports life-long upgrades and personalized conversion for your device
- You can convert various M4V videos with its batch conversion feature
- NoteBurner is only compatible with Windows OS
- The paid version is too costly
This converter is popular as it runs at a superfast speed and comes with advanced features to convert M4V to MP4. There are no limits when it comes to playing your media files. Just use the in-built media player to play any media file. The tool supports converting video to 8K, 4K, HD, UHD, and other high-resolution levels.
- Users can use it to rip any DVD without quality loss at a faster speed
- The tool supports batch conversion
- You can easily convert your photos and videos into top-notch movies with the movie maker functionality
- The in-built editor quickly allows you to edit your DVD movies and videos
- It offers so many features that make it a bit complex
- The tool lags sometimes and contains bugs
- Obsolete UI
TunesKit is another option in the list that is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. This converter allows you to convert and download any iTunes videos to different formats such as MPG, M4V, MOV, AVI, etc. In addition to this, you get your media files with lossless subtitles and audio tracks that are stored for playing on any device offline.
- The tool converts iTunes videos at a faster speed
- The tool has a simple-to-use design
- Users can easily personalize output settings as per their preferences
- You get free and lifelong software updates on your devices
- File size limitation
UniConverter is a video converter that supports more than 1000 audio and video file formats. This tool is absolutely simple to use and will make your videos exceptional. Just personalize your home movies with its enhanced features and get a professional clip in a few clicks. In addition to this, users can make GIFs from their videos and even change metadata.
- The tool has a faster conversion speed
- Users can transfer converted videos to other devices easily
- Users can create GIFs from their videos and photos
- Users can convert over 1000 video and audio formats
- Users can record or download their videos from video-sharing platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube
- Users can easily add M4V files from iTunes and other devices using a USB cable
- The tool leaves a watermark on your output video
What is an M4V file?
M4V is a container format and was created by Apple in an attempt to create a folder that cannot be illegally distributed and easily shared. The files are safeguarded by FairPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM).
Since the file type was made for digital media sales, there are many functionalities that are user-friendly, such as support for chapters inside the file to permit skipping. The .M4V file is most commonly seen in Apple programs and devices. For example, if you have brought a movie on iTunes, it will be an M4V file. M4V files are not essentially protected by Digital Rights Management.
What encoding methods are used in MP4 and M4V?
MP4 files have the ability to contain HEVC, MPEG-4, or H.264 files. Alternatively, an .M4V file is encoded with the help of H.264 codec. There are no options for making this type of file. Any difference in the original video quality is tiny. On the other hand, H.264 encoding employs more data and can lead to some huge files. This can make a difference relying on where you are writing or saving the files.
Is M4V compatible?
Looking at the number of programs and devices that can read M4V files, the .MP4 file extension is far more common. Both Mac and Windows are compatible with MP4 files. M4V files are a little rarer. They might be known as the iTunes M4V since they were initially created to be employed with Apple’s programs. In addition to this, QuickTime player supports the file format too. Android and Windows devices may need special tools installed to see M4V files.
In a nutshell, you just had a look at different options that can be used to convert M4V to MP4. Among that, DVDFab Video Converter Pro is the best tool to convert M4V to MP4. This tool allows you to convert videos and audio into different formats.