Before getting into the details of DRM-protected meaning, you must know what is the purpose of using DRM-protected content. It is quite clear that DRM protection technology is there to ensure your control over your created content by eliminating the unauthorized interventions of its users. So, let's see what are the primary purposes of DRM protection.
Purpose of DRM Protection
- It prevents your digital content from getting edited, shared, saved, forwarded, printed, etc without your permission.
- It helps you to set limited-time access to your owned digital content.
- It will help you to set limits to your content's access on specific devices, particular locations, IP addresses, and other aspects.
- Your DRM-protected content builds your identity while ensuring the authenticity and ownership of your content.
- The main purpose of DRM protection is to make users aware of what they are supposed to and not supposed to do with the copyrighted content.
- DRM protection helps the content owner to meet his desired goal while reaching the targeted audience.
- It prevents peer-to-peer file exchange & online piracy.
What is DRM Protection?
If you want to know DRM protected meaning in simple words, Digital Rights Management (DRM) is nothing but a technology that ensures legal access to any digital content. Instead of using any one particular tool or technology, you will get multiple options to provide DRM protection to any of your created content. In simple words, DRM-protected content is as simple as copyrighted content. The DRM technology allows you to have sole and dedicated control over the distribution and modification of your content. So, knowing what does DRM protected mean, it's time to know how many types of DRM protection techniques you can have to ensure the privacy of your copyright content.
Types of DRM Protection Techniques
- License Agreement: It is nothing but a legal contract between the content owner and the users. According to the terms and conditions of the agreement, the content owner authorizes the users to use the content with certain restrictions and parameters.
- Encryption: With this DRM protection technique, you can convert a "plaintext" containing original information into "ciphertext" containing the protected format of the content through an encoding process.
- Embed Codes: While using the embed codes, the content owner can have control over the online publishing platform of the media content. This DRM protection strategy is better known as "create once, publish everywhere" (COPE).
- Watermarking: while watermarking on any digital content, the "Graphic file" would restrict the unauthorized usage of the content. During copying, transforming, or converting the content to another format, the watermark will remain attached to the file.
- Metadata: To enable the metadata on any digital content, you can ensure your ownership and copyright of your media file including audio, video, or photos.
How does DRM protection work?
So, after having a brief idea about what does DRM protection means or how many types of DRM-protected content you can have to select the most convenient DRM protection option, it's time to know how does DRM protection work. DRM protection is a two steps process. Firstly, you need to ensure that your created digital content gets protected from being misused while using any of your convenient DRM protection technology. Secondly, you also need to ensure that your targeted users would be able to access your DRM-protected content with proper authorization and authentication.
How to check whether any file is DRM protected or not?
Individual File Checking Steps
- You need to right-click on your selected media file.
- Go for the "Properties" option.
- Select the "Details" option.
- Get to the "Protected" option mentioning "Yes" if protected, or "No" if not protected.
Multiple File Checking Steps
- Go to the folder that contains multiple media files.
- Select the "View" option from the menu.
- Go to the "details" option.
- Right-click on the heading mentioning "Name" or "Title".
- You need to select "Protected" from the opened tab.
- Or, go for the "More" option and check for the "protected" box.
- Next, hit on "OK".
- A column will open mentioning " Yes" if the files are DRM protected and you will find "No" if the files are not protected.
How to remove DRM protection?
After reading the entire concept of DRM-protected content, if you want to know the simple method of how to remove DRM-protected content, here, you would get the smartest and simplest option with the StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader. With this downloader, you would not only get DRM protection-free digital content, but you can also customize them according to your preferences. So, let's get into the details of how this downloader works to get you DRM-protection-free content.
Download DRM Protection-Free Digital Content: With the StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader
If any form of DRM protection prevents you from accessing any of your favorite digital audio-video content, StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader is a one-stop solution for this. With this downloader, you would not only be able to bypass the DRM protection issue but you could also get rid of multiple limitations and restrictions of online watching. From getting permanent downloads to ads-free downloads, you will get multiple customizable features of this software to have high-quality digital downloads of any media file.
- Get ready to have downloads from any DRM M3U8 encrypted websites.
- Get permanent encryption free downloads in your desired resolution of 480p to 2160p.
- Along with DRM M3U8 encryption, you can handle HLS protocol with this downloader.
- With the inbuilt browsing option, you can download and convert files to Mp4 or MKV format for device-independent watching.
- Get ads-free downloads within a few minutes.
- Download as many files as you want in one go.
- Save subtitles & metadata to organize your offline content.
- Burn your download to Blu-ray format.
You can have all these customizable features on your Windows or Mac PC, with the minimum subscription plan of $49.99/month or $64.99/year, or $89.99 for a lifetime.
How to remove DRM-protected content?
You can download the video downloader and try it based on the following operating steps.
Step 1: Installation & Site Selection
Download & install the software on your PC and go to the website from where you can download the video through the address bar of the "Homepage".
Step 2: Locate Content
Open the site via an inbuilt browser of this software. Next, select and play the video to download. Once the video starts to play, tap on the Download button shown in the top left corner.
Step 3: Download completion without encryption
Once a pop-up window will open up having a resolution option and you have to select the suitable one. Finally, tap on the Download option to complete the file downloading option without any DRM encryption. Besides, you can also download M3U8 video with this video downloader.
So, when you get the maximum and most specific information about DRM-protected content, it's time to get rid of this protection with the simplest steps of StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader. Even though it needs high-end technicalities to make any DRM-protected content, with this downloader you just need to follow three simple steps to make any of your favorite content DRM protection free.