What is DRM Protected Content & How to Remove DRM Protection
Summary: When it comes to content in the digital media world, you certainly need to keep your creation or content secured and protected with the help of DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology. Let's have a brief idea about what is DRM-protected content and how to remove DRM protection.
Remove video and audio protected by DRM M3U8 Protection
The only one to download the latest videos applied with M3U8 protections in 1080p
Automatically detect the videos played in the inbuilt browser
Choose the video quality of your choice for the download
Accessible to the free trial of all downloaders, including Netflix, Amazon and more
Table of Contents
- How to remove DRM protection?
- FAQ: How to check whether the file is DRM protected?
In today's digital age, we have access to a wealth of content at our fingertips - from music and movies to books and games. However, as consumers, we often take for granted the ease with which we can access and consume this content.
Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a controversial technology that seeks to control the distribution and usage of digital content. While proponents argue that DRM is necessary to protect intellectual property rights, critics argue that it stifles innovation, limits consumer rights, and hinders the growth of the digital economy.
In this article, we will explore how DRM protection works and how to remove DRM protected content for our personal use.
What is DRM Protection?
DRM, Digital Rights Management (DRM) refers to the license or key that can include restrictions on the number of times the content can be accessed, the devices on which it can be used, and the duration of use. DRM can be applied to various types of digital content. When you download streaming video, audio, or copy CDs, DVDs, you must be blocked by DRM protection.
In simple words, DRM-protected content is as simple as copyrighted content. The DRM technology allows you to have sole and dedicated control over the distribution and modification of your content. So, knowing what does DRM protected mean, it's time to know how many types of DRM protection techniques you can have to ensure the privacy of your copyright content.
Purpose and Types of DRM Protection
- It prevents your digital content from getting edited, shared, saved, forwarded, printed, etc without your permission.
- It helps you to set limited-time access to your owned digital content.
- It will help you to set limits to your content's access on specific devices, particular locations, IP addresses, and other aspects.
- Your DRM-protected content builds your identity while ensuring the authenticity and ownership of your content.
- It prevents peer-to-peer file exchange & online piracy.
There are several types of DRM protection available, each designed to address different aspects of digital content security. Some of the most common types of DRM protection include:
License Agreement: It is nothing but a legal contract between the content owner and the users. According to the terms and conditions of the agreement, the content owner authorizes the users to use the content with certain restrictions and parameters.
Encryption: With this DRM protection technique, you can convert a "plaintext" containing original information into "ciphertext" containing the protected format of the content through an encoding process.
Embed Codes: While using the embed codes, the content owner can have control over the online publishing platform of the media content. This DRM protection strategy is better known as "create once, publish everywhere" (COPE).
Watermarking: while watermarking on any digital content, the "Graphic file" would restrict the unauthorized usage of the content. During copying, transforming, or converting the content to another format, the watermark will remain attached to the file.
Metadata: To enable the metadata on any digital content, you can ensure your ownership and copyright of your media file including audio, video, or photos.
How to remove DRM protection?
After reading the entire concept of DRM-protected content, if you want to know the simple method of how to remove DRM-protected content, here, you would get the smartest and simplest option with the StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader.
With this DRM downloader, you would not only get DRM protection-free digital content, but you can also customize them according to your preferences. So, let's get into the details of how this downloader works to get you DRM-protection-free content.
Download DRM Protection-Free Digital Content: With the StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader
If any form of DRM protection prevents you from accessing any of your favorite digital audio-video content, StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader is a one-stop solution for this.
With this downloader, you would not only be able to bypass the DRM protection issue but you could also get rid of multiple limitations and restrictions of online watching. From getting permanent downloads to ads-free downloads, you will get multiple customizable features of this software to have high-quality digital downloads of any media file.
- Downloads DRM M3U8 encrypted contents from any site you want.
- Get permanent DRM-free downloads in your desired resolution up to 2160p.
- Along with DRM M3U8 encryption, you can handle HLS protocol with this downloader.
- MP4 format and metadata downloading are supported.
- Batch mode and 10X turbo fast speed.
How to remove DRM-protected content?
You can download the video downloader and try it based on the following operating steps.
Choose the streaming service and customize your format
Open the site via an inbuilt browser of this software. Next, select and play the video to download. Once the video starts to play, tap on the Download button shown in the top left corner.
You can also copy and paste the video URL and then a window will appear to ask you customize the output format. Even if you want to download OnlyFans videos, StreamFab can also provide a solution!
Download completion without encryption
Tap on the Download option to complete the file downloading option without any DRM encryption.
FAQ: How to check whether the file is DRM protected?
Individual File Checking Steps
- You need to right-click on your selected media file.
- Go for the "Properties" option.
- Select the "Details" option.
- Get to the "Protected" option mentioning "Yes" if protected, or "No" if not protected.
Multiple File Checking Steps
- Go to the folder that contains multiple media files.
- Select the "View" option from the menu.
- Go to the "details" option.
- Right-click on the heading mentioning "Name" or "Title".
- You need to select "Protected" from the opened tab.
- Or, go for the "More" option and check for the "protected" box.
- Next, hit on "OK".
- A column will open mentioning " Yes" if the files are DRM protected and you will find "No" if the files are not protected.
So, when you get the maximum and most specific information about DRM-protected content, it's time to get rid of this protection with the simplest steps of StreamFab DRM M3U8 Downloader.
Even though it needs high-end technicalities to make any DRM-protected content, with this downloader you just need to follow three simple steps to make any of your favorite content DRM-protection-free. By the way, if you are interested in iTunes DRM removal tools or apple drm removal, StreamFab will also not let you down.