How to Copy a DVD in Windows 10| Copy DVDs for Free
Summary: Even though it is a digital era where many people prefer to Netflix and chill, some of us are still old-school and love catching up on dvd collections. However, since DVDs are becoming obsolete and with poor lifespan, their risk of damage is getting high, so making a copy of your favourite DVDs makes sense. With the technology evolution and replacement of traditional players with the online platforms is getting real, copying the dvd to another dvd, USB, or ISO file is no more a dream. You only need an original dvd, a blank dvd, a PC, a platform like DVDFab, and boom! This article will introduce you to the easy and best ways to copy your dvd to any medium you like and aims to address the recent concern of newbies of how to copy a video dvd in Windows 10. After discussing the platforms and process in detail, this article will wrap up the conversation with some frequently asked questions. However, if you think any of your concerns about this matter are still unresolved, drop them down without any hesitation.
Table of Contents
- Best DVD Copy Software
Copying a dvd exactly to another medium, say another dvd, is a piece of cake, especially when you are well aware of the safe conversion process using Windows 10.
Whether you want to copy your school project video, make a copy of your brother’s wedding DVD, or save your professional work somewhere safe, you can effortlessly achieve all these goals, even when you are using Windows 10 OS.
Luckily, you don’t need a dvd duplicator anymore, just a PC, stable internet connection, and knowledge about reliable platforms. You precisely have to learn how to copy a dvd in windows 10, which is no rocket science, thanks to the many online tools available in recent times.
However, the difference between copying or ripping and the confusion it creates never seems to go away. So, let’s address this issue first, and then we will discuss your most common concern “how do I copy a dvd to another dvd in Windows 10.”
Before getting deep into the discussion of how to copy a dvd to another dvd in Windows 10, you should know the concept behind copying the video or ripping because many people find it similar. Nevertheless, they are not entirely different.
Copying a DVD means duplicating your video, movie, or any content available on that particular dvd without any changes, quality comprise, etc. And that video will behave exactly the same as the original one in your operating systems. On the other hand, ripping converts all or some bits of the data available in the dvd to another dvd, hard drive, USB, or personal gadgets for multiple reasons. In short, you can extract a certain part from the video, make it compressed, or edit it to manipulate the content.
Yet, we are focusing on the copy part and will highlight some reliable, user-friendly, and safe-to-use platforms compatible with Windows 10 to copy a video or movie dvd to another dvd.
DVDFab is a Godsend platform with a simple yet intuitive platform with many valuable features to help you copy, rip, burn, or convert your dvd data into digitalized form.
It is a versatile platform compatible with Windows 10 that lets you enjoy lossless data regardless of playing original or copied DVDs. In addition, the software would help you with commercial DVDs that are encrypted to copy due to certain copy protection. Moreover, newly purchased encrypted DVDs can be decrypted under the Cloud decryption service of DVDFab, which will boost your productivity and make the entire complex process of copying DVDs hassle-free.
Besides, you can rely on the platform for 1:1 audio and video cloning, ripping or extracting parts of the video, editing it on the advanced level while copying it to another dvd or other mediums. It is certainly a perfect answer to “how to copy a video dvd in Windows 10” because it will open doors to many possibilities despite online restrictions.
· Download and launch the DVDFab Video DVD in your system. you can enjoy a 30-day free trial with all the features. Then, you have to purchase the subscription from three different plans to continue with heaven-made features.
· Once you open the DVDFab interface, choose the Ripper option from the upper ribbon. And Rip the entire DVD, save it in your system.
· Now go to the main menu and select the copy button.
· Under the copy, you have six different modes to choose from according to your requirements.
· Now load the source by hitting the plus button or insert the blank dvd disc in your system, and the software will detect it automatically.
· Now the software will let you customize the file. It gives you the option to copy the entire data without changes or edit the file to extract the bits you need.
· Navigate to the bottom of the screen interface and select the start button.
· Your data will be copied within minutes.
· No audio or video quality loss
· Fast and easy copying mechanism
· Excellent security protocols
· Copy protection removal in commercial DVDs
· 6 copy modes to copy any dvd with full diversity
· Convert or copy dvds to the digital form
· Split or merge DVDs without losing the quality
· Advanced editing options
· 30-day free trial
· Subscription-based but worth it.
Alternative to DVDFab Video DVD, Wondershare is another top-level tool that wraps around some interesting features, most importantly being able to burn videos in 150+ formats.
You can enjoy updated features in Windows 10 like Blu Ray disc conversion, burning of different format videos to DVD, batch copy, and much more. In addition, Wondershare lets you personalize your copy dvd by offering built-in editing tools that help you enlarge video quality, merge, split, trim, add subtitles or watermark, etc.
In addition, with the straightforward interface, the whole process to copy a movie dvd to another dvd is seamless. Let’s learn how to copy a dvd in Windows 10 for free with Wondershare.
· Download Wondershare for free on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
· Once you get access to the interface, click on the source button.
· Upload the DVD you want to copy, burn, or edit.
· Go to the More DVD tools to access the toolbox.
· Here you can choose DVD to video, DVD to DVD, Editor, or any element you want to proceed with. This example has used DVD to Video that can allow you to personalize your content while not compromising the originality.
· Now insert the DVD into your system and choose Original. Next, you have to connect another DVD and select it as a target. However, if you don’t have a blank dvd, you can copy the DVD to a folder or ISO file and later copy it to the blank disc.
· You can customize the settings, choosing the output type, mode, aspect ratio, etc. It should be based on your requirements, and you can select different settings for the different content types.
· Navigate to the bottom and hit the start button when you are done making adjustments.
· A copy of your dvd will be ready in a few minutes.
· 150+ format support
· Direct DVD to DVD copy
· Fast processing speed
· Different file destination property
· Support popular disc types
· Batch video burning
· Built-in video editor
· Copy the DVD without quality loss
· Rapid speed
· Easy steps to copy the DVD
VLC is a famous and open-source platform that has been here for decades to play, convert, copy, or rip your physical media on any device. The platform is compatible with Windows 10, Linux, iOS, OS X, and Android. In addition, it is a free platform that plays most codecs without any coded packs. Hence, it is a versatile platform for all your VCDs, CDs, DVDs, and other streaming protocols.
However, you can only rip the content of personal or hand-made DVDs with a VLC media player. Unlike DVDFab, it does not feature copy protection removal, so you have a little limitation here. Otherwise, it is a premium streaming player if you are still wondering how to copy a dvd in windows 10 for free. Moreover, the process of ripping data from DVDs is not challenging. Here is a step-by-step process to follow if you are doing it for the very first time.
· Download the VLC media player from the website and launch it in your system.
· Open the VLC window and go to the Media Menu.
· Click on the convert/save button or simply press the Ctrl+R button on your keyboard. Another window will pop up.
· Now, click on the disc tab and select DVD ratio.
· Select the DVD source on your disc and press the convert/save button at the bottom.
· In the next window, click on browse to enter the destination of the ripped file and choose MP4 for video content under the profile option.
· You can give a name to the file and hit the save button.
· Click start, and it will immediately rip the dvd content.
· Once it’s complete, open the destination folder where the ripped dvd content is supposed to save.
· Replace the original DVD with the blank one in your system.
· Click on the burn to disc, follow on-screen instructions, and get your original dvd content ripped to another one.
How to copy a movie dvd in Windows 10 is as seamless as walking in the park, but you need to have the right tool to do the job. This article has addressed your query: how do I copy a dvd to another dvd in windows 10? That, without even compromising its quality! You can convert the content in different forms and save it in different mediums hassle-free.
DVDFab is one of the incredible tools, featuring a media library, all format support, copy protection removal, and the latest technology to rip and copy your dvd to another dvd or digital form.
How to copy a movie dvd in windows 10 for free?
Download VLC media player or DVDFab DVD Copy to rip the dvd content and transfer it to the blank disc. You can find the detailed process in our article.
Is DVDFab Free to use to copy a DVD to another dvd?
DVDFab is a premium software with stunning features to rip, convert, or copy one media file to another. However, it is subscription-based yet offers a 30-day trial with all the built-in functions to try.