Top 5 Best 3GP Video Converters to Convert 3GP to MP4/AVI/MP3 and More
Summary: Maybe you have some 3GP videos would like to watch, but troubled about this format is rarely supported now. Don't worry, we tested some best 3GP video converter to transform your old videos into files.
- • Convert videos from one format to another like MKV to MP4
- • Support video to video and audio conversion
- • Enable you play converted files on mobile devices or home theater
- • Competent to enhance video quality with Enlarger AI
3GP files were very popular back in the early days of 3G mobile phones but they have become very rare in recent times. And because people don’t run these types of files as much anymore, software developers have also started to slowly drop support for the format. But what if you have some 3GP videos from an older phone that you would like to watch again? Well, the simplest solution is to grab a 3GP video converter and transform your old videos into files that any modern media player can easily handle. There are plenty of great 3GP converters that allow you to do just that but let’s start off with the best of the best.
Part 1: The Most Powerful 3GP Video Converter: Convert 3GP to Any Video Easily
DVDFab Video Converteris the most powerful 3GP video converter we’re going to talk about today. Whereas most video converters are focused solely on the conversion aspect, DVDFab’s offering is a more versatile piece of software that also doubles as a powerful editor and customizer. The software can support all the popular formats and includes a large variety of useful tools and features that go well beyond simple video conversion. With DVDFab Video Converter, you can turn any 3GP file into any format you want, including formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, MP3 and more that work on modern mobile devices.
1. Launch the main DVDFab 11 client and open the Converter module to get started. Load the 3GP files you want to convert by using the “Add/Add from Mobile” buttons or by simply dragging and dropping them inside the UI.
2. Proceed to the Profile Switcher located in the upper left corner to pick a new format for the output. We’re looking for the 3GP to FLV converter option in this particular case so we’re going to pick Format -> Video -> FLV. Feel free to pick any of the other available options and if you want to convert the files for a specific type of device, go to the Device section to select the manufacturer and model of your device.
3. This step is optional but before you initiate the conversion process you can check out the editing and customization options, just in case you want to make a few changes to the video. Open the Video Edit menu if you want to crop or trim the video, adjusts its color proprieties, add watermarks, subtitles or even special effects. Then, go to the Advanced Settings menu if you want to make changes related to the video resolution, codec, frame rate, video quality, audio proprieties, and more.
4. Go to the bottom menu to select a suitable destination folder for your video. If you’re converting the video for a mobile device, you can pick the Mobile Device option from the bottom menu to have the software transfer the output directly to your phone once the conversion is complete. Click the Start button whenever you’re ready and wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Part 2: Online 3GP Video Converters That You Can Use
If you would rather take care of the conversion online instead of downloading any software, you can find a number of tools that allow you to do exactly that. These tools tend to be less reliable than traditional software and rely on having a solid internet connection before attempting to use them.
Clip Converter is a very straightforward and easy to use online 3GP converter that can also support a few other formats like MP4, AVI, MKV, and MOV. Not only does this tool allow you to upload your own files and then convert them but it can also download and convert online videos from platforms such as YouTube. What the tool doesn’t tell you right away is that trying to upload your own videos will prompt you to another online tool called Cloud Convert. This is a bit odd but not a big deal because Cloud Convert is one of the better online conversion tools around that supports over 200 different formats.
Media.io is an online 3GP file converter created by Wondershare, a company best known for its video conversion software as well as a few other interesting tools. This particular tool is very minimalistic in its design and doesn’t come with any special feature, however, it does support a good amount of formats and is overall very easy to use. You simply add the files you want to convert, pick the Audio or Video category, and choose the output format. You then hit the Convert button and that’s pretty much it.
Online-Convert is a 3GP converter has been around for ages so the interface doesn’t look as crisp as the UIs of some of the other tools on this list. But where Online-Convert lacks in style, it more than makes up for in functionality. The online converter supports a good amount of formats and can convert for specific types of devices, including mobile phones and game consoles. In addition, you also get a few basic editing tools to work with, can upload videos from Google Drive or Dropbox, and download online videos from platforms like YouTube.
Convertio is a well-designed and modern looking online service that can take care of pretty much all your conversion needs. In addition to the 3GP video converter component, the website also includes tools for converting between a large variety of other files types, including video, audio, images, documents, and more. The tool is very easy to use and can also double as a YouTube downloader and converter if needed.
Having a 3GP video converter at hand may not seem that important in this day and age but you never know when you’re going to come across some old 3GP videos that you may want to watch. In situations like that, a 3GP video converter is actually very useful because these files are not supported by a lot of current media players. If you ever need to convert 3GPs, or any other types of files for that matter, to a different format make sure to check out DVDFab Video Converter.