Best GoPro Video Editing Software for Windows/Mac
Summary: Want to edit GoPro videos? Here we’re going to take a look at some of the best GoPro video editing software you can use to edit GoPro videos fast and easily on Windows and Mac.
- • Convert videos from one format to another like MKV to MP4
- • Support video to video and audio conversion
- • Enable you play converted files on mobile devices or home theater
- • Competent to enhance video quality with Enlarger AI
Table of Contents
- Best Software for Gopro Video Editing
GoPro cameras allow you to capture incredible-looking footage with comparatively little effort. However, that doesn’t mean all GoPro videos turn out perfect every single time. That’s why it’s always useful to have good GoPro video editing software on hand just in case the footage you shot needs a little bit of work. With that in mind, today we’re going to take a look at some of the best GoPro video editing software you can use to edit GoPro videos fast and easily on Windows and Mac.
Best Software for Gopro Video Editing
DVDFab Video Converter
The best GoPro video editing software should be efficient and easy to use, which is why DVDFab Video Converter is our first recommendation. GoPro videos tend to be MP4 files, a format that can easily be supported by DVDFab Video Converter, along with most other popular formats likeAVI, FLV, MKV, M2TS and more currently available, including 4Kvideos. In addition to being a great solution for converting files between various types of formats, DVDFab Video Converter also comes equipped with a number of useful editing tools. Just a few notable examples include cropping and trimming tools, file merging, subtitle manipulation, video rotating, and more.
The software also lets you add watermarks to the videos you’re editing and can be used to change a video’s aspect ratio, resolution, color proprieties, and overall quality, among other things. Despite being a multi-purpose software, DVDFab Video Converter is very easy to navigate thanks to its intuitive interface, which features separate menus for the editing tools and customization options. Let’s take a look at a quick example of how to edit GoPro videos with DVDFab Video Converter.
1. Launch the DVDFab client and navigate to the Converter module in the upper menu. Load the GoPro video you want to edit by dragging it into the center area of the UI or by using the “+/Add buttons.
2. Before you start editing your GoPro videos it’s worth noting that you can use the Profile Switcher in the upper left corner to pick a different format for the output (in case you also want to convert the video). After opening the Profile Switcher, simply pick a format and then move to the next step.
3. Open the Video Edit menu and use the first row of icons found on the left-hand side to add text/image watermarks or add/edit subtitles. To adjust the color proprieties or rotate the video click on the first icon found in the second row. Next to that you can find the cropping and trimming tools so feel free to use them as needed. Click OK to exit the menu when you’re done and then open the Advanced Settings menu to gain access to the customization options where you can make further changes to your video.
4. Finally, use the bottom menu if you need to change the destination folder and then click the green Start button to begin processing the video.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere Pro CC is always a solid option for anyone who is interested in GoPro video editing software. Despite being fairly expensive at $20 per month, it can be a very good investment if you find yourself editing video often and already have a bit of experience with these types of tools.
Magix Movie Edit Pro
A great choice for beginners who want to learn how to edit GoPro videos from scratch. Even though the interface looks a bit outdated by today’s standard, Magix Movie Edit Pro generally makes it easy for users to find the tools and effects they’re looking for.
What better way to edit GoPro videos than by using software created by the folks over at GoPro themselves. Quik is already one of the most popular video editing apps on mobile and is now attempting a similar feat on desktop. The fact that it’s completely free only adds further incentive to try it out.
Despite being around for more than 25 years, Blender never managed to become as popular as most of its competitors. A 3D creation suite at its core, Blender offers a wide variety of different tools to work with, including a very robust video editing package.
Windows Movie Maker
It may be a bit old but Windows Movie Maker still remains a top choice for those who want to learn how to edit GoPro videos without having to worry about any complex tools or fancy features. With Movie Maker you only get basic tools but sometimes that’s all you need. Windows Movie Maker is only available on older versions of the operating system but you can still download it for Windows 10 or use its successor, the Photos App.
Similar to Windows Movie Maker in the sense that it’s the default choice for many people, in this case those use a Mac computer. At the same time, iMovie is a lot more complex than its counterpart and genuinely offers a lot of useful editing tools.
A veteran among video editing software, Lightworks has been used for over 25 years to edit anything ranging from homemade videos to big-budget Hollywood blockbusters like Pulp Fiction and The Wolf of Wall Street. Needless to say, this is a great pick, however, be prepared to spend a bit of money on the monthly subscription if you want to access all the good features.
Sony Catalyst is a very expensive option so you should probably only consider it if you do GoPro video editing and can get your money’s worth out it. If you are and decide to go for it, Sony Catalyst will probably be the only software you use because it comes equipped with all the tools and features you can possibly imagine.
Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a professional-level video editing software developed by Apple specifically for Mac users. Similar to Sony Catalyst, this is an expensive option but one that will never let you down if your job involves high-quality video editing.
We tried to give you a good mix of cheap and expensive options for GoPro video editing so hopefully our article can help you decide which of them you want to invest in. There are also many free options out there but it’s generally a good idea to go for a premium product like DVDFab Video Converter because you get access to a lot more great features and useful tools.
In addition to editing videos on Win or Mac, you can also edit short videos on your smartphones. For this purpose, please check these top best video editing apps. And if you want to convert videos among different video formats, like mp4 to mp3 converter, you may refer to this list.