How to Edit Snapchat Videos?
2019-03-19 05:31:07 Posted by Rebecca1492
Summary: Learning how to edit Snapchat videos can be a bit challenging if you’re new to the app but don’t worry because here we’re going to teach you the basic steps of editing Snapchat videos.
A lot of messaging apps let users share pictures and videos with their friends but Snapchat does things a bit differently compared to most of its competitors. The main feature of Snapchat is that it allows you to set a time limit on the pictures or videos (‘snaps’) you’re sending so that they disappear immediately after being viewed. The other important highlight is the excellent built-in editor that can be used to modify snaps in a wide variety of ways. Learning how to edit Snapchat videos can be a bit challenging if you’re new to the app but don’t worry because today we’re going to teach you the basics so you can get started on the right foot.
Part 1: How to Edit Videos on Snapchat
If you’re new to Snapchat you may want to first try practicing taking videos before trying to edit them. Luckily, the process is quite simple. In order to take a video snap, tap and hold the white circle button to begin recording and then release the button once you want the video to end. It’s worth noting that video snaps can only be 10 seconds long at the most so make sure you time it properly. Now that you’re familiar with the process, let’s take a look at how to edit Snapchat videos.
1. Tap the “T” symbol in the upper right corner and move the icon to the desired location on your screen.
2. Tap the icon again while typing to make the text appear bigger.
3. If you want to change the color of certain words, first select them and then use the color scale to the right.
4. If needed, use your fingers to rotate or resize the text box once you’re done.
1. An important part of learning how to edit Snapchat videos is learning how to add emojis so tap on the sticker icon (next to the “T”) to get started.
2. Select the emoji you want to use from the list.
3. Use your fingers to move them to the desired location or to resize them.
1. Start off by looking at your face while the app is opened but don’t tap the white circle this time.
2. Instead, tap and hold your finger on your face and wait until the app outlines it in its entirety.
3. You’ll now see various lenses next to the white circle button so simply scroll through them until you find the one you like.
1. Another useful trick to note when learning how to edit Snapchat videos is figuring out how to add filters so swipe to the left to begin scrolling to the available selection of filters.
2. If you want to add multiple filters on top of each other, tap and hold a finger on the screen and then swipe to the left with a different finger to add an additional filter. You can add a total of three filters using this method.
3. To add geofilters, take a video snap and then swipe to the left to see the available selection. These filters are usually only available during special occasions so you may not be able to always find them.
Part 2: How to Convert and Edit Videos for Different Uses
Learning how to edit videos on Snapchat can come in handy but unfortunately, it won’t help you edit videos on Windows or Mac. For that, you’re going to need a more professional editor known as DVDFab Video Converter. With this software, you can not only convert videos between a wide variety of different formats but also edit and customize them as well. The editing tools are quite powerful and very easy to use thanks to the software’s intuitive and user-friendly interface. Let’s take a look at how the process works.
1. Open DVDFab 11 and choose the Converter module to get started. Use the “+/Add” buttons to load your videos or simply drag & drop them in inside the UI.
2. If you want to convert the video in addition to editing it, you’ll first need to access the Profile Switcher, which is located in the upper left corner, and then pick a suitable format for the output.
3. Click the Video Edit button to begin making modifications. For example, you can use the Text and Image icons to add and edit text/image watermarks to your videos or the third icon to do the same for subtitles. Under the first set of icons, you’ll find another one that lets you make even more edits. Hit the first icon to change color proprieties like brightness, contrast or saturation. Meanwhile, the second icon lets you crop the video and change its aspect ratio while the third is used for clip trimming. Click OK once you’re done and then hit the Advanced Settings button to open up the customization menu where you can make additional changes related to video and audio quality, resolution, frame rate, and more.
4. Use the bottom menu to change the default destination folder if necessary and then click the Start button to begin the conversion process.
Learning how to edit Snapchat videos takes a bit of time but you’ll quickly become an expert if you keep practicing a little every day. Likewise, editing videos on Windows or Mac may seem a lot harder, and it sometimes is, but you don’t really have to worry about that if you’re using DVDFab Video Converter. This software was designed to make the editing process as simple as possible so don’t hesitate to give it a try, particularly since there’s a free trial available.
If you also want to edit videos for Instagram post, please click how to edit videos for Instagram.