Top 5 Best Video Editing Software for Beginners
Posted by Gabriel3899
Summary: You are in the right place if you are a beginner to video editing, because in this article we are listing some of the best video editing software for beginners.
Beginners in video editing always find it difficult to find the right video editing tools. Some say, that for beginners only free video editing tools are recommended. But this is always not true. Free video editors are useful but only few of them provide advanced editing features. So, if you are a beginner to video editing then read this article till the end, because in this article we are listing some of the best video editing software for beginners. At the end of the article you’ll be able to choose the one which best suits your video editing needs.
Part 1: The Most Recommended Video Editing Software to Edit Videos Easily on Windows and Mac
The number one and the most recommended video editor for beginners is DVDFab Video Converter. Aconverter? Yes, it is actually a versatile video converter with a built-in video editor. The video converter is powerful enough to convert any video formats to popular video formats you need easily and quickly. And also the original video quality can be retained. Moreover, the video editor in the video converter is very good at satisfying your video editing needs. Check out its editing features below.
DVDFab Video Editor Features
· Supports all the basic video editing tools like trim, crop, watermarks, adding subtitles, and changing video properties.
· If you want to trim multiple parts of a video then you can use the multi-trim tool to cut multiple parts simultaneously.
· Now with the latest update you can add credits, text overlays, and background music.
· Easy to use with clear and flat UI.
Part 1.1: Convert Videos with DVDFab Video Converter
· Download and install DVDFab. Open the program and click the ‘Converter’ tab.
· Add your video or movie by clicking the ‘+Add’ button. DVDFab video converter supports all the major formats like MP4, MKV, AVI etc.
· After adding the video click the ‘Video Profile Selector’ button and click the ‘Format’ tab. Select your output video format from the list.
· Click the ‘Device’ tab if you want device-specific conversion (for iPhones, Xbox, PS4, Samsung, LG and other phones).
· After selecting the format click the ‘Video settings’ button and customize the settings if you need to. You can also select audio streams and subtitles if supported by the video.
· Now we will not convert the video now because we will edit it first so check the video editing tutorial below before converting the video.
Part 1.2: Edit Videos with DVDFab Video Converter and Editor
· Click the ‘Video Editor’ button to launch it. Once it gets launched you will see many video editing tools as shown below. Click any tool to open its own set of specific settings.
Here we are discussing some of the video editing tools of DVDFab Video Converter. You can try other tools yourself
1. Crop Tool:
This tool can be used to crop videos and movies. Follow the steps below to use this tool.
· Click the ‘Crop‘ tool and then you’ll see white rectangular edge lines in the top right video/movie. Just drag this white rectangular area from any of its edge to select a cropped area.
· The cropped area is highlighted only. Click the big ‘Check Mark’ to apply the crop.
· The crop tool provides settings to select the crop area.
· If you enable ‘Keep Aspect Ratio’ then this will preserve the aspect ratio and you won’t be able to freely select a crop area.
2. Multi-Trim Tool
If you want to remove several scenes from a video or a movie then use the trim tool. You can use it to remove multiple scenes simultaneously. This can be done with the help of multiple trim sections. See the tutorial below.
· Click the ‘Trim Tool’ to add a trim section anywhere on the movie/video timeline.
· Drag the ‘Blue T’ marker out of the current trim section anywhere on the timeline and then click the ‘Trim Tool’ to again add a new trim. This is how we add multiple trim sections in the video/movie.
· To increase the size of any trim section on the timeline just drag the left and right red markers on the timeline.
· The multiple trims are by default merged. You can click the ‘Trim Invert’ button to invert the trim selection. This will select all the movie parts which arenot selected by trim sections.
· Click ‘OK’ to go back to the main program window or move forward to other editing options.
· After editing your video or movie click ‘Start’ button in the main converter window to start converting your video.
· Transfer the converted and edited video/movie to your favorite device.
Part 2: Other Video Editing Software For Beginners
Blender is an open source 3D animation software. Though it is mostly used for creating 2D and 3D animations but can also be used as a video editor. It is advanced type of video editor which lets you create realistic graphics in video editing. Apart from that you get access to all the basic video editing tools like trim, crop, add background music etc. Because it is free to use so it is the first choice of beginners as a video editor. However, before using it completely you have to learn how to use it. There are plenty of tutorials available for this on the web and even the official blender website provides tutorials. Don’t worry you don’t have to be a pro to use blender 3D.
2. VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad video editor is a cross platform software for video editing. But the free version is just limited to two video formats only. VideoPad is easy to use and you’ll be get used to it within no time. You can use the drag and drop feature to add videos and apply transitions and video effects. It supports multiple input video formats but provides only two formats as output (WMV and AVI) in the free version.
Sometimes we just only need to cut a video to remove an unwanted scene from it. So if this is the case then there’s no need to look for a versatile video editor. If cutting a video is your only priority then you can use Avidemux. Avidemux is a cross-platform video editing software with an easy to use UI. Avidemux supports multiple video formats as input and output which are AVI, MOV, MPEG, MP4 etc.
4. VSDC Video Editor
If you are looking for a versatile and free video editor then you should check VSDC. It provides a good set of video editing features like video filters, text overlays, transitions, color correction. VSDC supports almost every known video format as input and output. It is one of the best video editors for beginners with an intuitive user interface. VSDC is only available for Windows users at present.
5. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve comes in two versions free and pro. Beginners can choose the free version to begin with. In the free version various advanced video editing features like multicam editing, speed effects, creative editing etc. are unavailable. However with the free version all kinds of basic video video editing can be done. Da Vinci Resolve also lets you correct colors and edit audio. DaVinci Resolve is also a cross-platform video editor.
All the above editing tools are designed for computer users, but if you want to edit videos on your Android, please check these best video editing apps for android.
Featuring the most advanced audio & video conversion technologies, DVDFab Video Converter allows you to convert audio & video files of all sorts from one format to another, for playback on desktops, laptops, notebooks, and portable & mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, PDAs, game consoles, even car infotainment systems as well.