How to Convert WebM to MP3?
Summary: Do you want to convert WebM to MP3? Here we will compare WebM and MP3 and introduce you the best method to convert WebM to MP3 without any hassle.
A lot of the time people download videos only not necessarily for the video itself but rather for the audio track associated with it. Music videos from YouTube and other similar websites are a perfect example of this. For the longest time there was no other choice than to play the whole thing even if you just wanted to listen to the song but now that’s no longer the case. With that in mind, today we are going to introduce you to a couple of ways of converting audiovisual files like WebM to MP3 audio files so you can get the audio part and just enjoy the music.
Part 1: WebM vs MP3
WebM is a high-quality format designed primarily for the web (hence the name) that acts as an alternative to HTML5 video and audio files. WebM is a multimedia container derived from the popular Matroska (MKV) format that can store both video and audio elements. The container was partially developed by the Matroska developers themselves while it was still in its infancy but was later picked up by Google. Due to its web-based nature, the format isn’t supported by many traditional playback tools, which is why it is recommended to convert WebM to MP3 when you want to extract the audio from the container.
MP3 needs very little introduction given that it’s by far the most popular digital audio format currently available. MP3 might not be the absolute best when it comes to delivering high-quality sound but its small size and versatility make it the top choice for many music lovers regardless. The format is supported by the vast majority of multimedia playback tools so you don’t really have to worry about compatibility issues with MP3 files.
Part 2: The Best WebM to MP3 Converter to Convert WebM to MP3 Quickly
If you’re looking to convert WebM to MP3 we recommend checking out DVDFab Video Converter. This is arguably the best software of its kind when it comes to quickly and reliably converting between all the most popular types of video formats. In addition, the software doubles as a video editor and can also be used to perform video-to-audio conversions just as easily, which is why we’re recommending it as a very solid WebM to MP3 conversion solution.
1. Open DVDFab 11 and click on the Converter module in the upper menu to get started. Load the WebM files you want to converting by using the “+” button or the drag & drop method. Alternatively, you can also use the “Add from Mobile” button if that works better for you.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher and make sure you’re under the Format section. There, click Audio and then select the MP3 option. We’re doing a WebM to MP3 conversion in this example but if you ever want to convert to a different format, simply pick another option instead.
3. Open the Advanced Settings menu and make adjustments to the output file if needed. Change the sample rate, channels, volume etc. to your liking and then proceed to the final step.
4. Go to the bottom menu if you want to change the default location for the output and then click the Start button to begin the conversion process.
Part 3: Convert WebM to MP3 Online Freely
1. Go to the CloudConvert website and hit the Select Files button to start uploading your file/s.
2. Select MP3 for the output from the drop-down menu by clicking Audio -> MP3.
3. Click the wrench icon if you want to trim the file or make other adjustments.
4. Use the options found near the bottom to choose where you want to save the file and then click the Start Conversion button to begin the conversion process.
1. Visit the Online-Convert option and go to the Audio Converter section. There, click on the little arrow and select the option labeled Convert to MP3. Click GO.
2. Use the Choose Files button to upload files from your computer or the options found underneath to upload from an external source like Google Drive or DropBox.
3. If necessary, use the customization options to make adjustments to the file before you begin the conversion.
4. Click the Start Conversion button when you’re ready to convert WebM to MP3 and then click the Download button when your file is ready.
WebM files have been created for the web and you’ll find that many of them can’t be handled properly by a lot of media players. That’s exactly why it’s always a good idea to avoid such situations and convert WebM to MP3 whenever necessary. There are quite a few online tools that allow you to do that, some better than others. However, if you’re looking for the best way to convert not just between WebM and MP3 but also many other formats, we recommend checking out DVDFab Video Converter.