How to Convert 3GP to MP4?
Posted by Amanda
Summary: 3GP as an outdated formats, has many limitations. So we could convert 3GP to MP4 for MP4 had become mainstream when it comes to video. Here we will guide you to learn how to convert 3GP to MP4.
The 25-In-1 Versatile Solution PackageDVDFab 12 is a 25-In-1 bundle that offers the world’s most complete solution on video, DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray, such as the backup, conversion and authoring solutions, Cinavia removal solutions, DRM removal solutions, AI-powered video enhancing solutions, and more.
When there were no smartphones, 3GP video format was popularly used on 3G mobile phones as it was well supported by every mobile phone. Now, since we have smartphones, this format can be still played, but this is an old and outdated format. MP4 become mainstream when it comes to video.
When you have 3GP files, you have limited editing options, but if you have MP4 files, you can edit them the way you want. So, if you still have 3GP files, you should think of converting them to MP4 to unlock more options.
3GP to MP4 conversion can be done by software tools. There are many tools out there which you can use to convert 3GP to MP4 without much hassle.
Part 1: How to Easily Convert 3GP to MP4 on Win/Mac
If you want to convert 3GP to MP4 on Windows or Mac, DVDFab Video Converter is the best tool to go for which converts 3GP to MP4 in just a few clicks.
DVDFab Video Converter is a module of DVDFab 11 that enables you to convert a wide range of multimedia formats to another. It allows you to edit videos as well. The best thing about it is that when you convert videos, the quality doesn’t degrade at all.
How to Convert 3GP to MP4 using DVDFab Video Converter?
Below are the steps:
1. Download DVDFab Video Converter on your computer.
2. Launch the software, and click “Converter”.
3. Now, click + icon to select the source 3GP video file that you want to convert to MP4. Or, just simply you can drag that 3GP file to the screen.
4. When the file is brought to the tool, click on the Profile selector, and click on “MP4”, and then click “Start” to begin the conversion process. However, you can set the location for saving the output file as well.
In a few moments, the video will be converted to MP4. That’s all you have to do.
Part 2: How to Convert 3GP to MP4 with Online Converters
If you are one who doesn’t like to download and install software on your PC all the time, you can go for online converter tools to convert 3GP to MP4.
Thisis one of the easiest and the best 3GP to MP4 converter online. In fact, it can convert various file formats to another. Here is how you can use this online tool to convert from 3GP to MP4:
First of all, go to its home page, and click on “Convert to MP4.”
Now, the MP4 conversion page will be opened. Select the source 3GP file, and click “Start Conversion”
Let us tell you that it will take time for this conversion because when you add the video, it gets uploaded first, and then conversion is done. So, you will have to wait for it.
Thisis another online 3GP to MP4 converter tool that you can use to convert.
Open the website, select the source 3GP file, and choose “Convert to MP4”. Choose the size you want to keep for the video and click “Convert.”
It will take some time to upload the source video, and then convert it. Within some time, the 3GP video will be converter to MP4.
So, these are how you can convert 3GP to MP4 online without installing any software on your computer.
Part 3: The Comparison of DVDFab Video Converter to Online 3GP to MP4 converter
There are many differences in a web based online converter and a software such as DVDFab Video converter. They both have a lot of different way of working, features, and limitations.
1. When you convert 3GP to MP4 using DVDFab Video Converter, you have to just select the source file, select the output format as MP4, and convert. But, when you do using online converters, and choose the source video, they get uploaded first. That means the conversion process is time-consuming.
2. Online 3GP to MP4 converters are usually slow, while DVDFab Video Converter is pretty fast due to its support to hardware acceleration technology.
3. Only one video at a time can be converted using online converters whereas multiple videos can be converted using DVDFab Video Converter.
4. No guarantee of output quality when using online converters but whereas DVDFab Video Converter offers great output quality.
5. Almost no support when using online converters but you get support from DVDFab if you face issues.
3GP is an old and outdated video format which is good for nothing and doesn’t fit well in the current context. So, why still keeping the old files in 3GP format? Use the converter tools such as DVDFab Video Converter or any online converter to convert 3GP to MP4. Converting into MP4 offers further benefits.
Alternatively, you can go for online converters as well if you don’t want to install the software on your PC.
Read here, you have known how to convert 3GP to MP4. Then do you have a good MP4 player to enjoy your videos? Here are top 10 best MP4 players we tested.