How to Edit Videos on iMovie?
Posted by Amanda4274
Summary: iMovie is a free video editor that comes with many various editing features and can be used on Mac and iOS devices. Here this article will show you how to edit videos on iMovie.
The 25-In-1 Versatile Solution PackageDVDFab 11 is a 25-In-1 bundle that offers the world’s most complete solution on video, DVD, Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray, such as the backup, conversion and authoring solutions, Cinavia removal solutions, DRM removal solutions, AI-powered video enhancing solutions, and more.
Videos are the best entertainment stuff. YouTube’s popularity says it all, that how people are crazy about videos. There are a number of tools available to play, edit, and convert videos. We are going to talk about such tools in this article.
“iMovie” the name probably have given you the idea that it is an Apple product. Yes, iMovie is a video editing software program designed and sold by Apple Inc. for Mac and iOS-based devices. It can enhance the audio of any project as well along with various video editing features. In this article, we are going to talk how to edit videos on iMovie.
Part 1: How to Edit Videos on iMovie
Below are the steps to using iMovie to edit video on Mac:
1. Launch iMovie on your Mac and go to File -> New Project to get started. Choosea name for the project and click the Create button.
2. You can now import the videos you want to edit, which can be done by clicking the Import button. All the videos you import will be made available in the iMovie Library so go there to start adding them to the storyboard when you’re ready to try your hand at experimenting with editing videos on Mac.
3. Once you’ve added the videos you want to edit, look above the preview window and you will see a series of icons, each of them representing a different editing tool or menu. Hover above each of them to see what it does and then use the ones you need. You may need to take a while to learn all the tools that are available for customizable editing.
4. Finally, click File and then choose the Save Project option to finalize the process.
If you want to edit videos with iMovie on your iOS devices, check the steps below:
1. First of all, launch iMovie on your Apple device. As you see its UI, you will see that videos are showing which are saved in your system.
2. Create a New Project by tapping on “Project” from the top menu. Now, tap “New Project”.
3. Now, choose Movie out of the two options, movie or trailer.
4. Choose a theme out of the ones that are presented on the screen.
5. Now, tap create Movie. You will be asked to select the video as you can see in the screenshot below. Tap the first one to select an existing video.
6. The video clip will be shown on the screen. Now, tap the arrow button to add it to the timeline.
7. Add a few more video clips to build up the project.
8. On the timeline, you will see a White Line. It denotes the playhead that means it shows the progress when video is playing. You can drag your project left or right as the playhead is still at one place. So, to adjust or make any changes, you have to move the project.
9. Further, use the yellow handles to select the part of the video clips you want to add into your project.
10. Now, as you have added parts of the video clips on to your timeline, it is time to arrange them in an order you want. For this, just tap and hold one clip, and drag it to another position.
11. Now, if you need to split a clip, then you can insert a new clip in the middle of the existing clip. For this, you have to put the playhead over the clip, and select that. Now, swipe down over the playhead to cut the clip into two parts. Since the clip is divided into two parts; it is possible to put another clip into the middle of those two parts.
12. For every clip, you can set transitions to make the video presentable.
Thiswas the guide to learn how to use iMovie to edit videos. This guide is a basic one, but when you actually edit videos on iMovie, you would experience a lot of features there that you can use to edit the video the way you want. iOS users keep using iMovie to edit video.
Part 2: The Recommended Tool to Convert and Edit Videos
Though iMovie is excellent but, it is not available for everyone. Yes, it is only for Apple users. But, we are going to talk about a tool that is available for both Windows and Apple users.
And, the tool is DVDFab Video Converter which you can use to convert videos from one format to another. Additionally, you can edit the output videos as well.
What is DVDFab Video Converter?
DVDFab Video Converter is a module of DVDFab which allows you convert videos from one format to another. It supports all popular video formats. While conversion there is no degrade in the quality of the videos.
Apart from conversion, you can also edit and customize the video using various features offered by this video converter. There is no technical knowledge required to use it because it is very easy to use tool.
Let’s check out the steps to use DVDFab YouTube Video Converter to convert a video from one format to another.
1. Firstly, download DVDFab Video Converter, and install on your PC/Mac.
2. Launch the software. You will see the main user interface of DVDFab.
3. There, click “Converter.”
4. Now, click the big + icon in the middle to select the source video which you want to convert to another format. Here we are selecting an MKV video file which we will convert to MP4 format.
5. Once the video is imported to the tool. Go to profile selector, and select the format you want to convert to, and then click “Start” to begin the conversion process.
6. The processing will be started, and in some time, you will see a pop saying “Process completed successfully”.
This is all you have to do to convert videos one format to another using DVDFab video converter.
How to Edit Videos Using DVDFab Video Converter?
When you add a video to the tool, you can see there are two options, that you can click to open and make edits to the video.
The first one is “Advance Settings” and the Second one is “Video Edit”.
When you click “Advanced Settings”, this screen will be in front of you. You can make various changes in Video and Audio options.
When you click “Video Edit”, this screen will pop up which as a lot of options such as cropping, trimming, brightness, contrast, etc. You can use the options to edit the video the way you want.
This is how you can edit the videos using this tool. And, when you make changes, you can see the changes in the output video on the right side as you can see in the above screenshot.
DVDFab Video Converter is probably the best software tool for editing, and converting videos effortlessly in no time. No quality degrades after the conversion or editing.
iMovie is the best tool to edit videos on Mac and iOS device, and DVDFab Video Converter is the best tool to edit and convert videos on both Mac and Windows. This article has explained the working of both of the tools which you can study to learn so that when need you can use them as per requirement.
Besides iMovie, there are also many other free editing tools that are available for Mac, iPhone, Windows and Android, and you can check top 20 best free video editing software to learn more.
Featuring the most advanced audio & video conversion technologies, DVDFab Video Converter allows you to convert audio & video files of all sorts from one format to another, for playback on desktops, laptops, notebooks, and portable & mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, PDAs, game consoles, even car infotainment systems as well.