[Fixed] How to Make a GIF on iPhone?
Summary: Sending or posting GIFs on social websites has been such a hit. If you are still wondering whether or not you can create your own GIFs with your iPhone, then wonder no more. Because the answer is positive. Read this article to find out why and how to make a GIF on the iPhone.
• The best freeware of great help to edit video/audio/image/subtitles
• Convert/trim/rotate/crop/sharpen/deshake/merge/extract videos and more
• Convert/trim/denoise/merge/remux/extract audios, etc.
• Convert Video to GIF, Video to PIC, PIC to Video, GIF to Video
• Add text, time, image, and render or extract subtitles
GIFs have greatly gained popularity recently. To be exact, they even become the language of the internet. People tend to express their feelings, no matter sad, happy, or anger by sharing these lightweight, sound-free, and looping images. In fact, a GIF is just an image file format. There are better formats for capturing an animation; however, none is as widely accepted as GIFs. The reason for this phenomenon is because GIFs can express emotions vividly and they are easy to be downloaded or shared due to their small size. That is also why they are regarded to be the most popular entertainment way and people just love to use them on social media, even when they are texting messages. You must have seen all kinds of GIFs, such as animals, life photos, on various social websites, but what happens when it comes time to make GIFs in person? Making GIFs is still a thing that most people are completely in the dark on. Are you one of these people? If so, you have no need to be. Because GIFs are pretty easy to be created, especially those basic ones. Even better, you can even make a GIF on your iPhone with your live photos that are animated when you hold down on them. Let’s see how this is done.
Make A GIF on iPhone from your photos
How do you make a GIF on the iPhone? Truth to be told, making a GIF on the iPhone is quite easy to be achieved as long as you have iPhone 6s or newer devices at hand.
1. You need to find the “Photos” app and open it. Go to “Albums” at the bottom of the app, and then scroll down to the list of “Media Types” where “Live Photos” is listed.
2. Tap on it to select the one you wish to turn into a GIF.
3. Once your live photo is selected, you can slide up, as a result, you will see the moving picture menu. Select either the Loop or Bounce animation. “Loop” effect will turn the picture into repeating GIF, while the “Bounce” effect will make the frames of the picture going forward and in reverse. Choose your preferred one.
Note: when you are done, the created GIFs will be in a new Photo Album called “Animated”.
That is all you need to do to make GIFs on iPhone. The whole process is so easy to understand, right? Now, you already know how to make a GIF with the iPhone. Yet, have you ever wondered how to make a GIF your wallpaper on the iPhone.
Make GIFs on iPhone with the Help of GIPHY App
Seeking help from the other third-party GIF makers is the second choice. Many apps are out there to help you solve the problem of how to make a GIF with the iPhone. Among all these apps, the GIPHY app is the most welcomed. Designed with a huge library, it makes it possible for you to choose countless free GIFs for every purpose that you can think of. Are you dreaming to know how to make a GIF on the iPhone? No problem. Via this free GIF maker, you can turn just about any video into an impressive looking GIF that makes you stand out from other people. Now, Let’s see the instructions to use this app.
1. Download GIPHY from the App store. And then open the GIPHY app.
2. Click on the plus sign located on the bottom center where two options are presented: film a new GIF from a video, or create a GIF from your photos.
Let’s start with the first option. If so, you can tap on the camera icon to select the desired video. If necessary, you can tap the video by which you can “scrub” the video to find the section you want to turn into GIFs. Don’t forget to add all sorts of animated elements, such as filters, frames, and animations as well.
In terms of the second option - make a GIF from photos. You can tap on the photos icon in the bottom right, then tap on the photo you wish to use. Then repeat the same actions to the first choice.
3. When everything is done, you can tap “Next” and this app will generate GIFs for you.
It should be noted that the GIPHY app is so powerful that it can even the best tool for you to solve the problem of how to make GIFs your wallpaper on the iPhone. As it is super easy to find out how to make a GIF a live wallpaper on the iPhone with GIPHY, so we will present the related operation steps briefly.
1. Download this app from your app store first. Then open it as soon as you have it on your phone.
2. Select a GIF you like. Or you can search for what you like. Once you have found it, please tap on it.
3. Tap that three vertical dots at the bottom right of the GIF, and then choose Convert to Live Photo.
4. Two options will be presented: Save as Live Photo (Full Screen) and Save as Live Photo (Fit to Screen). Please opt for one according to your preference.
5. Open Settings app>Wallpaper>Choose a New Wallpaper.
6. Select that live photo you already saved.
7. Tap on Set>Set Lock Screen.
Make a GIF on iPhone by using a Shortcut App
Do you know what happens if you hold down the iPhone’s shutter button too long? Yes, you will take a very rapid series of still images at full resolution. And it is also a good method to create GIFs from burst photos. To turn these burst photos into a GIF, you need to use the Shortcuts app. This is also a free app for iOS devices that runs complicated tasks. Below we will show you how to make a GIF with your iPhone under the help of the Shortcuts app.
1. Make sure you have the Shortcuts app before you launch it.
2. Search for and download the Convert Burst to GIF shortcut.
Note: It needs to get your permission to access your photos or videos. So remember to allow it.
3. Tap the arrow at the bottom right to run the shortcut. Consequently, it will show a list of all your burst photos.
4. Select one and it will be quickly transformed into a GIF.
5. Select “Done”. After that, two options will be presented: Share the GIF or Save to Photos. Pick one per your needs.
Now, you already knew how to make a GIF on iPhone from photos as well as how to make a GIF a live wallpaper on the iPhone. Have you ever think about how to make GIFs from videos on your computer, supposing you don’t have an iPhone yet you still want to make a GIF? Is there a way to deal with this? Don’t worry. The answer is YES. DVDFab Toolkit is designed to do that.
What is the DVDFab Toolkit?
DVDFab Toolkit is a toolbox packed up with many tools you might need to deal with when it comes to video editing, audio editing, and image editing. This program is super easy to use. Therefore, there is no need to worry about anything about it.
Why recommend DVDFab Toolkit?
There are so many reasons for us to recommend this program. But the major reason will lie in its multiple functions. Like we have said, DVDFab Toolkit is a toolbox. It is not just a GIF maker. It can help you do almost anything related to video, audio, or image editing. Dozens of functions are included in it. Another remarkable feature of this program is it is nifty and super easy to use. You don’t need any expert knowledge to use it. If this software grabs any of your attention, please click here to find out how to create a GIF with DVDFab Toolkit.
In the End
GIFs are gaining more and more popularity these days because of their catchy features, small file size as well as their lesser loading time. As you can see from this article, many tools are available to make GIFs beside the iPhone itself. Yet, you must have found yourself needing more than just knowing how to make a GIF on the iPhone. To make GIFs from a video, you can go DVDFab Toolkit for help which allows you to instantly create your own animated GIFs from a video. If you have an eagerness to have a full review of this DVDFab Toolkit, you can click here.