How to Play 3GP Files Easily for Better Viewing
Summary: 3GP format allows quick file transfers between mobile devices. Although the format is always so popular, it is still not supported by a lot of media players on Windows and Mac. Here we will show you how to play 3GP files on all the major platforms using different tools.
The 3GP format was designed from the very beginning to be as space-efficient as possible in order to allow for quick file transfers between mobile devices. Technology has advanced considerably since 3GP was first created but the format remains fairly popular to this very day. Despite its continued popularity, however, the format is still not supported by a lot of media players on Windows and Mac. Don’t worry, though, because today we’re going to show you how to play 3GP files on all the major platforms using a couple of different tools.
A lot of media players aren’t able to support 3GP files unless you install a specific codecs pack but that’s not the case with DVDFab Player 6. The software can handle pretty much any format you throw at it right off the bat, including very advanced formats like 3D, 4K, and even 4K UHD Blu-ray. Player 5 also includes navigation menu supports for DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD Blu-ray movies along with a host of other useful features that allow it to stand out from the crowd even among modern media players. A few of the player’s other highlights include 3D upscaling, two playback modes – PC and TV, support for HDR10 and Hi-Res Audio, plenty of customization tools, and more. Here’s how to play 3GP files on Windows and Mac using DVDFab Player 6.
1. Open DVDFab Player 6 and choose your preferred playback mode, which will be PC in our case.
2. Drag the video you want to play anywhere inside the main UI or use the “+” button and then navigate to the video’s location on your computer.
3. With the video now playing, feel free to interact with it just like you would with other types of video. Note that 3GP files tend to have low resolutions so make sure to resize the window accordingly in order to obtain better picture quality as these videos will generally look very blurry if you’re using full-screen mode.
Most old phones will have no problem playing 3GP files but newer models tend to struggle with the format because of its age and the fact that it’s no longer supported by a lot of modern media players on mobile. Don’t worry, though, because you can use DVDFab Video Converter to convert your 3GP files to a different format like MP4, MKV, AVI, and more that runs flawlessly on any iPhone or Android device. The software supports video and audio conversion between a wide range of different formats and also includes a number of powerful editing and customization tools that you can use to adjust various aspects of your videos.
The feature that’s most relevant in this particular scenario, however, is DVDFab Video Converter’s ability to convert files for specific types of devices. If you convert using this feature, you don’t have to worry about messing anything up and you are always 100% sure that you will be able to play 3GP files on your Android or iOS device thanks to this method. Another benefit of using this feature is that files converted this way can then be transferred directly to your mobile device immediately after the conversion process is complete. Here’s how the software works:
1. Open DVDFab 11 and go to the Converter module to begin. Drag the files you want to convert into the main UI or load your videos using the “Add/Add from Mobile” buttons.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher found in the upper left corner to change the format. To take advantage of the feature mentioned before, go to Device -> Apple and choose your specific brand of iPhone or repeat this process but choose a different manufacturer and phone model if you’re using an Android device.
3. If you want to make adjustments to the video, you can select the Video Edit menu to adjust color proprieties, use the cropping and trimming tools, add watermarks or subtitles, and more. Meanwhile, selecting the Adjust Settings menu lets you change the video resolution, frame rate, encoding method, video quality, audio proprieties, and more.
4. Go to the bottom dropdown menu and pick the Mobile Device option if you want your files to be transferred to your phone immediately after conversion. Finally, click the green Start button and wait until the process is complete. You can now play 3G files on iOS and Android.
If you followed the steps above exactly as described, you should now know how to play 3GP file on all the major operating systems. Although this article was primarily focused on 3GP files, it’s worth mentioning that it’s just as easy to play and convert files of any other formats using DVDFab Player 5 and DVDFab Video Converter, respectively. DVDFab offers a free trial for Video Converter and a free version for Player 5 so don’t hesitate to check them out and see how you like them.
Using above mentioned software, you could easily convert 3GP videos to MP4/AVI/MP3 and more. Usually as a video lover, you may like to capture these converted contents on screen then to share them with a group of people. In fact, a screen video recorder will solve this problem. Here we tested 10 best screen video recorders.