How to Use iPhone to Convert Video to GIF
Posted by WiKi
Summary: We are accustomed to converting video to GIF on PC, but do you know how to use iPhone to convert video to GIF? In this article, you will find answers to convert video to GIF on both iPhone and PC.
DVDFab ToolkitDVDFab Toolkit works hard to help users convert, trim, merge videos and audios. It is powerful enough to adjust video speed, angle, resolution, aspect ratio. Most importantly, this exceptional software makes GoPro videos more stable and clear.
Stationary pictures without any sound seem to be less vivid than dynamic videos until GIF appears. With words explanation and images flashing again and again, GIF gains a large number of followers overnight. Instead of converting video to GIF on Windows or Mac, you can also make video to GIF on iPhone. Now, follow me to learn how to convert video to GIF on iPhone. You can simply finish that with your iPhone, or seek the help of other video to GIF software on iPhone.
Subsequently, let’s start with how to convert video to GIF on iPhone without installing any software.
Table of Contents:
• Prepare a live photo on your iPhone first
• Locate the live photo on your iPhone by clicking “Albums” at the bottom. Scroll down and find “Live Photos”, one of the selections of “Media Types”
• Drag the live photo upwards and you can add some effects to your live photo
• Decide the animation style: Loop or Bounce
• Share the live photo in an e-mail or Tweet, and it will be saved as a GIF
Notes: To save a live video to GIF on iPhone, you need to prepare a ready-made live photo on your iPhone in the first place. How to take a live video on iPhone? Follow my instructions please. Initially, open your iPhone and launch the “Camera app”. Then, tap the “Live Photo” option in yellow at the top of the screen, which is like concentric circles. Afterwards, it is time to tap the “Shutter” button and take your live photo. This step is of great significance to turn video to GIF on iPhone.
Before iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro devices, taking a live photo until this step, you will see an animated “Live Photo” icon with a brief ripple. Then, a yellow “Live” label popping up reminds you that your iPhone is working to take a live photo, while a white “Live” label reminds you that the live photo shooting work doesn’t begin. Now, an “Auto” option has been added to iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, you can use it to take live photos more conveniently. Admittedly, technology makes everything easier than before, including “convert video to GIF on iPhone”.
Maybe this is the simplest way to make video to GIF on iPhone. Without installing any additional software, your iPhone can make a video to GIF independently. If you like this way to convert video to GIF on iPhone, you can follow the steps I have listed above and create your own GIF.
Instead of using iPhone itself to convert video to GIF, asking the help of the third party apps is also viable. The third party apps of great help to convert video to GIF include GIPHY Cam, GifMill, GIF X, Shortcuts and Giffer. To use any of them, you are expected to download and install them first on your iPhone. Among these tools, most of them are free on iPhone to make video to GIF, expect Giffer which will cost you $2.99 if you choose to use it to convert video to GIF on iPhone.
GIPHY Cam, an online database and search engine from America, allows users to search for and share GIF files which emerge as short looping videos without sound. You can access this software through App Store or Google play, turn video to GIF on iPhone with it and share your animated GIF on popular social platform like Facebook and Twitter. Compared with GIPHY Cam, Giffer, an iOS app to convert video to GIF on iPhone, is also free. It enables users to share GIF via e-mail, text message as well as social media like Tumblr and Twitter. Then, GIF X is said to be the best GIF editor tool in App Store, helping users to add GIF and music to their photos and videos. Shortcuts can make a GIF from a burst photo or a video. Giffer is an GIF maker app for iOS, able to create any kind of GIF.
Now, I will show you how to use some of the third party apps on iPhone to convert video to GIF.
• Download and start GIPHY Cam on your iPhone
• Upload your video from Camera roll by tapping the Camera roll icon or capture a video
• Tap the “White Arrow” on the video screen of iPhone
• Choose preferred filters or add favorite effects to your videos
• Tap “Next” on the screen
• Save your creative GIF
This is how to make video to GIF on iPhone with the help of GIPHY Cam. You can use other tools to achieve the same effects as well.
• Download and start GifMill on your iPhone
• Choose “Video” or “Photos” to make a GIF
• Come to the “Camera Roll” and set the image sequence to make a GIF before clicking “Done” at the top
• Adjust the speed, orientation, quality of your GIF images
• Save your image to the camera roll by clicking “Share” > “Albums” or selecting your preferred sharing platform
This is how to make video to GIF on iPhone with the help of GifMill. It is said to be free, but when you download GifMill, there still appears some in-app purchases. You can skip them directly.
• Update your iPhone to iOS 12 so that Siri Shortcuts is available
• Download Shortcuts in App Store
• Take a Burst Mode photo with your iPhone by pressing and holding on the shutter button, or you can choose to import a short video
• Say “Hey Siri, burst to GIF” or add the Shortcuts widget to your widgets screen
• Click “Done” and decide where to share or save your GIF
This is how to make video to GIF on iPhone with Shortcuts. No matter there is a photo or a short video, this software can help you turn them to GIF.
• Download Giffer in App Store and open it (money is needed)
• Tap the “+” button toward the screen bottom
• Tap the camera’s red shutter button to add your preferred frames
• Hold your finger on the camera screen to record new frames if you want
• Control the number of your imported frames through frame thumbnails, since Giffer limits frames to 40, and Giffer Pro 80
• Preview the animation by clicking the green play button
• Adjust the GIF speed by moving the slider control above the frame thumbnails
• Save your GIF to the camera roll or share it to social media
• Tap “Done”
This is how to use Giffer to make video to GIF on iPhone. If you prefer a free tool to paid software, you can choose one from GIPHY Cam, GifMill and Shortcuts.
Although a large number of people are going to make video to GIF on their iPhone, there are still many video to GIF lovers want to create video to GIF on PC. Considering this need, I want to give some tips on which software you should adopt - DVDFab Toolkit.
This is the easiest tool you have never met. DVDFab Toolkit is not just easy-to-use, but also versatile to solve all kinds of problems related to videos, audios and images. Now, let’s see how to use DVDFab Toolkit to convert video to GIF on PC.
Steps on how to turn video to GIF on PC with DVDFab Toolkit:
• Download and install this free and versatile software to your Windows
• Launch DVDFab Toolkit and click “Video to GIF” under “Image Tools”
• Import your video and decide to convert which part of video to GIF
• Adjust the looping times, playing speed and the size of your GIF
• Set the output directory and click “Start” to convert your video to GIF
Notes: Besides converting video to GIF on PC, DVDFab Toolkit is also useful to help you convert/trim/merge videos and audios, as well as make GoPro videos more stable and clear. If you have difficulty capturing each frame of your video to convert them to GIF, the function of “Video to Pic” under “Image Tools” of DVDFab Toolkit assists you in catching your targeted frames.
Have you got a full picture of how to make a GIF from a video on iPhone? You can turn video to GIF on iPhone with no software installed, or learn how to turn video to GIF on iPhone with the help of the third party apps like GIPHY Cam, GifMill, GIF X, Shortcuts and Giffer. Make a decision and begin your journey of GIF making on iPhone or PC using your favorite video to GIF software. If you also want to know how to change video resolution, read another article and find the answers.