Details about YouTube Video Size
Summary: Are you planning to open a channel on YouTube? If yes, you must know that YouTube size video does not match the standard video you posted on other social media profiles. The authority strictly maintains the YouTube video size ratio so that the file size should not disturb others or affect the streaming. In this article, let's know the details about YouTube video size.
- • Best free AI-based video enhancer software
- • Upscale low-res videos to 4K resolution
- • Enhance old videos to better quality
- • Remove video noise and blur automatically
Table of Contents
- Best video resizer to fix the size of YouTube video
- Frequently Asked Questions
While you post your first video on YouTube, you must be careful about the video file size. YouTube video size is not precisely the file size you posted on Facebook. It's different than others, and even YouTube video size ratio also plays a crucial role while streaming it on YouTube. YouTube size video always maintains a standard size that is compatible with the platform and the quality must meet the standard.
Let's know about YouTube video size, ratio, dimension, and many more associated with the platform.
What is the Preferred YouTube Video Size?
YouTube has a massive user base across the globe, and it's not easy to maintain such a vast platform. Therefore, the authority fixes the standard YouTube video size to keep the size which helps the platform run smoothly.
Let's have a quick view of the size of YouTube video:
The maximum YouTube video size limit is 128GB.
YouTube video size length should not cross the 12hours limit.
- 1920 x 1080 dimension and 1080p is the standard HD quality YouTube video size that gives the best viewing experience
- 1280 x 720 dimension and 720p is the preferable YouTube video size when your mobile data or internet run slow.
- 420 x 240 dimensions and 240p is the minimum YouTube video size while watching a slow internet connection.
- For the 2K quality video, the YouTube video pixels must reach 1440p with 2560 x 1440 dimensions.
- Similarly, for 4K, the pixels must be 2160p with 3840 x 2160 dimensions.
YouTube video pixels determine the picture quality while the dimension restores YouTube video width and height, determining your enjoyment while watching your favorite movie on YouTube.
YouTube video size ratio must be 16:9 with H.264 video codec and AAC-LC for audio codec. This standard ratio size comes with a high-quality watching experience with a smaller video file, and MP4 is the standard video format for the YouTube platform. Remember the configuration if you plan to start your own YouTube video channel and present the best things in video formats for your viewers.
But it is also a drawback for YouTubers that they cannot measure the exact video file size during the shot and face difficulties when trying to upload it on YouTube. As a result, either they end up with a solution or leave an incomplete upload process. Don't worry. Here is the list of video resizer software for Windows that will help you resize the videos as per the standard configuration YouTube has been maintaining.
Best video resizer to fix the size of YouTube video
XMedia Recode is the free video resizer that helps you attend the standard video size to upload it easily. The software helps to set the height, width, length, aspect ratio like all the necessary measures to upload your video on YouTube. It also allows you to trim, crop, add effects, text, subtitles, etc., to give the final shape of your video before posting it on YouTube.
The Features of XMedia Recode
- It can fix the resolution of your video
- You can change or modify the aspect ratio of the video file
- It supports a wide range of input-output video formats include MP4, MP3, MP2, 3GP, MOV, MPEG, etc.
- It allows you a great extent of editing that has a trim, cut, rotate, crop, add, etc.
Price: It's free
- You can customize the parameters of the video include dithering algorithm, scaling mode, zoom option, etc.
- It's offer free service
- You can have all the advanced features to shape up your YouTube video
- A little bit difficult for beginners or learners to run the program
VSDC Video Editor
VDSC Video Editor is another free editor that provides Pro service with advanced features. The software can quickly edit UHD and HD quality videos and is compatible with various Windows versions yet produces similar results. If you want to make your mark on the viewers' minds through your YouTube channel, you can try VSDC Video Editor.
The Features of VSDC Video Editor
- It offers a wide range of editing options include cut, crop, rotate, trim, flip, etc
- You can add text and subtitles
- You can give a slow-motion effect with two reframing modes
- You can set the resolution, quality and resize with the fastest mode
- You can convert your 3D video to 2D
Price: It's free
- It offers various input formats
- Video stabilization option included
- You can use the editor both for editing and annotation
- Limited output formats
Easy Video Maker
Easy Video Maker gives you all the video editing facilities to resize your YouTube video that meets all the requirements. The advanced software offers excellent service by providing various tools to edit your video, resize it after fixing the resolution, stabilize it to fit into the YouTube platform, and unveil many more options if you start using Easy Video Maker. If you encountered problems while playing YouTube videos, you can try these Best YouTube Video Player to Fix YouTube Videos Not Playing.
The Features of Easy Video Maker
- It offers a predefined aspect ratio like 21:9, 16:9, and 4:3, etc
- It has common import video formats like MP4, FLV, MPG, MOV, etc.
- A few output formats it offers like AVI, MP4, 3GP, MPG, ASF, etc
- The advanced editing options include trim, cut, crop, rotate, flip, mix, resize, merge, add subtitles, lyrics, etc
- You can select the predefined resolutions like 1080p, 2160p, 1440p, 720p, 360p etc
Price: It's free
- Wide variety of editing options
- Drag and drop option included
- Multiple video editing options included
- Sometimes lagging while going for multiple editing on a single go
AV Video Converter
AV Video Converter is another free video converter that allows you to edit your video with all its beneficial features. It also offers output video formats, predefined resolution, and many other options to edit, resize and stable your video for YouTube. The simple interface lets you be flexible in experimenting with your video and can change and modify the way you want. But the major downside is you cannot resize free of cost using AV Video Converter for commercial purposes. You can also choose Best YouTube to MP3 Converter for Mac to convert YouTube videos.
The Features of AV Video Converter
- It can take complete control of audio and video output regarding the quality and size of the file
- It offers predefined dimensions that include 1280 x 768, 640 x 480, 720 x 480 etc
- It offers the aspect ratio include 4:3, 16:9, etc
- It supports export video files with the formats like AVI, MPEG, FLV, WEBM, MP4, etc
- It offers AV Media Player Morpher, AV Audio Converter along with editing and resizing the video files
Price: It's free
- It has a simple interface with an easy-to-use mode
- Compatible with new and old version Windows
- It has an excellent technical support team
- You can opt-out the accessible version of video resize for non-commercial purpose
Shotcut Video Editor
Shotcut Video Editor offers an open-source editor service for its users with advanced features. You can resize, edit, and stable your YouTube video with various options to shape up your video with a professional look. The video resizer for Windows offers a predefined aspect ratio so that you can select one. The software comes with various editing options like auto-orientation, video transitions, blending modes, and many more other options.
The Features of Shotcut Video Editor
- It supports the format through FFmpeg
- You can edit the audio, set the volume and loudness
- It has various video effects include De-interlacing, color grading, different blending modes, etc
- Batch encoding options available
- You can customize the formats, add frames per second, etc. after exporting it
Price: It's Free
- It's an open-source
- You can use the portable version from an external drive
- It offers a wide range of editing options with advanced modes
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux
- The interface is not intuitive
- Stock music not available
Openshot Video Editor
Openshot Video Editor is another open-source video editor that lets you edit your video before posting it on YouTube. It has various video editing options: cut, crop, merges, rotates, flip, etc. It's freeware and supports Windows, macOS, Linux, etc. It offers standard video compression formats and can export videos in various formats like AVI, MP4, MPEG, WEBM, etc.
The Features of Openshot Video Editor
- It offers a wide range of audio, video, and image formats option from FFmpeg collections
- It supports desktop integration which confronts the drag and drop option
- With just a few clicks, you can trim, cut, rotate, scale, snap and adjust the location in the editing
- Advanced timeline features include alignment, panning, zoom, slicing, etc
- Audio mixing with video clips options are also available with Openshot Video Editor
Price: It's free
- It has advanced editing options
- It's compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- It's freeware and an open-source software
- External plugin for 3D animations not included
These six video editors have different editing options they offer to the users. You can edit and resize your video at any time using this software.
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest that the YouTube video thumbnail size contains 1280p x 720p minimum 640p width.
As we earlier mentioned, the maximum size of YouTube video is 128GB with 12hours of full video length.
Yes, it helps you to upload resized videos on YouTube. YouTube video size width and height, YouTube video size ratio, YouTube video size limit all these parameters you have to attend. At the same time, your editing efforts make it possible the upload it on YouTube and let your viewers enjoy your creation.
YouTube has been growing daily with its new users, and existing users enjoy the platform like never before. As YouTube broadcast almost all the entertainment elements, users prefer to watch various videos, movies, tutorials, and many more. YouTube video size is a concern if you plan to open your YouTube channel, and you have to follow specific YouTube video size limit parameters to upload a video successfully.