How to Play Blu-Ray on PC?
Summary: How to play Blu-rays on your PC? Here are different ways and tools for your reference. Check them and choose the one you need.
While Blu-rays and CDs are considered things of the past, this is far from the truth. Instead, a lot of people still use Blu-rays and access their content on various platforms. Whether it be old movies or accessing data that you stored on it, there will come times when you wish to play Blu-ray on PC.
You can easily learn how to play Blu-ray without remote and on your PC. For those of you who have a Windows 10 computer, here is how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. Each of the methods discussed has easy to follow steps for your convenience.
Method 1: DVDFab Player 5
A great and convenient way of playing Blu-ray on your PC is via the DVDFab Player 5. This is a 4K media player delivered by DVDFab. The latest version of the software is packed with value-added features and improvements. The playback engine of DVDFab Player 5 plays an integral role in delivering a smooth and lag-free performance. It supports various options including DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K Ultra Blu-ray.
Here is how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 using the Blu-ray player.
1. Launch the DVDFab Player 5 on your PC. Here, you will be provided two options, which include PC and TV modes. Select the PC mode. You can also choose the TV mode that would allow you to play the video on a large screen. Here, the remote control for Windows Media Center will come in handy.
2. Insert the Blu-ray disc in the optical drive of your computer. Then, click on the media file icon present on your PC and select the file you wish to play.
Method 2: Using VLC Player (A Free Option)
You have probably heard of VLC player. It is one of the most popular third-party media players. The open-source player has been successful in working perfectly on an array of platforms. The fact that it doesn’t have any ads, even though it is free, is a feature lauded by many.
You can use VLC player to load Blu-ray files without any issues. Here is how you can play Blu-ray on PC using the VLC player:
1. Download the latest version of VLC media player.
2. Go to the URL http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ and download the key database called AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY.
3. Now, go to the directory C:/Users/YourUsername/AppData. Make sure you have checked the option “Show hidden files and folders” in the “View” tab on the folder’s options menu.
4. Create a folder called aasc and paste all the downloaded key files in the folder.
5. Install the AACS dynamic library on your PC. Once you do so, drag the AACS file into the folder.
6. Open VLC and go to “Open Media option.” Select “Disk” and check on the option that says “Blu-ray” and play the video.
Method 3: Using DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper
Do you wish to let go of the inconvenience of playing your Blu-rays only on PCs that have the correct type of media player? Well, you can avoid this by ripping the Blu-ray using the DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper. Once you have ripped the DVD, you can then use any media player to play the output.
The DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper is fast and easy to use. The ripping process is very easy, and the quality of the output is ensured by the use of enhanced technology. The ripping steps include the following:
Here is how you can rip Blu-rays using it:
1. Run DVDFab and opt for the Ripper module present on the top. Load the source which can be Blu-ray ISO file/DVD/folder.
2. On the top left corner, you will find the profile library. Click on it and select the device and format you want.
3. You can choose to customize the output to your liking. Go to Advanced Settings if you want to make any changes to the title. You can also edit the video itself by clicking on the “Editor” option. You can change titles, subtitles, and chapters. The main title will be chosen by default.
4. Go back to the main interface. On the bottom, a folder icon will be present. Click on it and select a storage path for the output to be stored at.
5. Click on “Start” to begin the ripping process.
Now, the Blu-ray video can be played using any media player.
Learning how to play Blu-ray on your PC is not hard. All you need to do is find the perfect media player. Ripping the output is the best way to avoid the need for a compatible media player whenever you wish to play your Blu-ray on different PCs. At the end of the day, the method you choose is up to you. Select whichever method you find the easiest.