How to Play Blu-Ray on Windows 10?
Summary: How to play Blu-ray on Windows 10? Here are different methods for you to play Blu-rays on your Windows 10 as your way.
- • Play DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K Blu-rays with Menus and HDR10 effect
- • Avalibale to Discs, ISO Files, Folders and 3D videos with Hi-Res audio output support
- • Import DVD & Blu-ray Discs to local media library as ISO files with just one click
Windows 10 has both advantages and a few vices. One of the biggest flaws of the new Windows is that it does not include the previously staple Windows Media Center. Hence, Windows 10 desktops and laptops cannot be used to play DVDs without the help of a third party. The good news is that there are methods that allow you to play Blu-ray on Windows 10.
If you know how to play Blu-ray on Windows 8, you will find the steps on how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 to be easy to understand. Even if you don’t, we have tried to make this guide as comprehensive as possible. Read ahead and learn away.
Method 1: Play Blu-Ray with DVDFab Player 5
You can install DVDFab Player 5 on your desktop and use it to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. The program features two packages, a Standard one and an Ultra package. Both deliver a 4K UHD media player to you. Additional features are also provided in the shape of a high-resolution output, smooth functionality, and a lag-free experience.
The stability and enhanced experience are ensured by an upgrade of the interface of the DVDFab Player 5 as well as the addition of a playback engine. Moreover, it can be used to play videos and audios of all types of formats. This includes MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, and AAC.
The player software is equipped with two playback modes. You can play files via the PC or the TV mode. While the TV mode is made for large screens, the PC mode is made for desktops.
Method 2: Play Blu-Ray via Third-Party Free Players
Unlike DVDFab, you won’t be getting a professional media player if you use this method, but you will be able to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 without any issues. This means third-party free options will also get the job done in most cases.
Here are some free media players that might satisfy you.
VLC is well-known for all the right reasons. It is a third-party and open-source player which works smoothly on various platforms. While the VLC player is an example of a free media player, it surely doesn’t act like one. After all, it is not plagued with annoying ads.
It can be used to play all types of format including both video and audio formats. Additionally, it streams videos from online sources that make it a convenient media player. It can also be used to play Blu-ray without any lags.
Another media player which can be used to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 is PotPlayer. Developed by a South Korean developer, this media player delivers enhanced compatibility and supports various video codecs. Since it has low requirements when it comes to hardware, it is a popular choice as a third-party player. While VLC is the better option as far as range of formats and smooth functionality is concerned, this player is much better if you wish to play large Blu-ray files.
Method 3: Rip Blu-Ray with DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper and Play with Any Player
Another great way of playing Blu-ray on Windows 10 is by ripping it when you are watching it. By ripping Blu-ray discs to a digital format, you can then use any media player to watch the file at your own disposal later on.
A quality Blu-ray ripper is DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. The best thing about this Blu-rayripper is that it is fast and easy to follow through. The latter feature means that you always know the progress of the ripping process. Also, the ripping process is marked by ease.
Here is how you can rip Blu-rays using it:
1. Run DVDFab and opt for the Ripper module present on the top.
2. You will find the profile library on the left corner on the top. Click on it and select the device and format you want. Let the source load.
3. You can choose to customize the output to your liking.
· Go to Advanced Settings if you want to make any changes to the title.
· Select the titles, chapters, audio tracks and subtitles of your choice.
· A built-in editor is also present which can allow you to edit the Blu-ray video if you want to.
4. Once you are satisfied with the settings, go back to the main interface. Here, you will find a folder icon on the bottom. Click on it and select a storage path for the output to be stored at.
5. Click on “Start” to begin the ripping process.
After you are done ripping the Blu-ray with the DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper, you can play the output with any media player. It is your decision to choose free or premium media players for this purpose.
Now that you have learned how to how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10, make sure to try it out.