Everything About 2K Resolution With Video Enlarging Option
Summary: Being an active part of the digital world, you must have a basic idea about pixels and 2K resolutions to get a customizable digital content viewing experience.
Table of Contents
People often talk about resolutions, clarity of pictures, HD-quality content, the aspect ratio of digital displays, etc. However, before experiencing these terms in your digital media platforms, you must know what they are all about and how they are related and distinguished. Since 2K resolution is the most commonly used term in the digital world, let's begin with what is 2k resolution to determine the different dimensions and diameters of digital displays. Before heading to resolution, let's begin with the basics of pixels.
A Pixel refers to the smallest point of an image, and pixels contain the proportion value of the light's intensity. Any device display screen is a collection of the total number of pixels calculated by the multiplication of Horizontal (Width) and Vertical (Height) pixels. The result of the pixel multiplication on your digital display is known as Resolution. For example, 1680×1050, 2560×1440, 3440×1440, etc.
After knowing what resolution is, you must understand the basics of it with the simple example of your computer monitor screen. While changing the resolution of your monitor screen, you can see the difference between increased and decreased resolution. While increasing, the resolution will make the photos or text small in size, sharp, and clear.
On the other hand, decreasing resolution makes them big but will be comparatively less clear and blurry. Since widescreen resolution provides the best user experience in square shape screen, maximum display screen comes in widescreen. The widescreen is divided into two parameters: normal widescreen with 1920×1080 resolution and ultra-wide screen with 2560x1080 resolution.
2K is one of the most popular and common resolutions for display screens. If any display screen falls under the 2000 pixels range, it has been considered a 2k resolution. The number of pixels in horizontal and verticle lines has been decided by the Digital Camera Initiative (DCI), which is a group of Motion Picture Studios. It defines a Standard resolution of 2K for digital cinema, and DCI 2K resolution is available in three levels Native 2K Resolution, Flat 2K, and CinemaScope 2K Resolution.
- Native 2K Resolution: 2048 × 1080 Pixels = 22, 11,840
- Flat 2K Resolution: 1998 × 1080 Pixels = 21, 57, 840
- CinemaScope 2K Resolution: 2048 × 858 Pixels = 17, 55, 136
However, you hardly have an authentic 2K resolution on any PC monitor or laptop screen. Instead, you will get a 2K resolution size on display with 2560 × 1440 resolution, better known as Quad HD (QHD). This resolution is mostly available in high-end smartphones or gaming monitors.
There are mainly two types of video resolutions: Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD). When the SD range falls into 640x360/ 640x480 resolution, the HD falls into 1280x720/ 1920x1080 resolution, and let's see the different resolutions with different pixels.
- HD: 1280p×720p
- FHD/Full HD: 1920p ×1080p
- 2K: 2048p ×1080p
- QHD: 2560p × 1440p
- 4K/UHD/Ultra HD: 3840p × 2160p
- 8K: 7680p × 4320p
When you know what resolution is 2K, it's time to know the main differences in different resolutions with a brief comparison between 2K and other resolutions. The differences between different resolutions are mainly based on pixel sizes & compatible devices. The maximum size implies better picture quality.
- 2K vs. FHD: The main difference lies in its width pixels. When the 2K width pixel is 2048p, the 1080p FHD pixel is 1920. The total number of Pixels of the Native 2k resolution size is 6% higher than the 1080p FHD resolution.
- 2K vs. 4K: To talk about the difference between 2K & 4k, you can see the difference lies in both the horizontal and vertical pixels, and certainly, the total number of pixels also differs from each other. The 4K resolution is four times higher than the 2K resolution. 4K resolution is mostly used in the Television industry, and 2K is best suited for gaming laptops & PC monitors.
- 2K vs. 8K: Having a difference in horizontal and vertical pixels with a total number of pixels, 2K resolution size falls into 2000, and 8K is into the 8000 width pixel range. 8K will give double the resolution of 4K and 16 times more resolution than 1080p. The 8K resolution is meant for a large-screen display; when 2K has been used on the display screens with a 19:10 aspect ratio, 8K is available on-screen with a 16:9, 17:9, and 21:9 aspect ratio.
Even though 2K and 1080p FHD resolutions have the same vertical pixels, 2K resolution gives broader images with more horizontal pixels than FHD images with comparatively fewer horizontal images. The total number of pixels of 2,073,600 of 1080p stays one step back against the total number of pixels of 2,211,840 of 2K resolution.
2K has 2048 × 1080 pixels with a 2,211,840 total pixels count, which is almost half of the 4K resolution that refers to 4,096 × 2,160 pixels with an 8,847,360 total pixel count. So, 4K is two times larger than 2K in terms of horizontal and vertical dimensions.
However, sometimes people refer to 4K resolution as UHD, but these two resolutions are not identical since 4K is used for Digital Cinema Projection and UHD denotes Television. In that case, with 3840 × 2160 pixels, UHD is less than 4K but 4 times larger than Full HD.
So, while enjoying any video with its original resolution on your device, you can change its resolution according to your requirements with the smartest AI technology of DVDFab Enlarger AI. From upscaling to downscaling resolution, you can do anything with this software to customize your video resolution.
With DVDFab Enlarger AI, you can easily transform the original resolution of any video to your desired resolution without losing its original quality. While customizing video resolution, you can easily customize your devices' storage space and video-watching speed. No matter the original video resolution, this AI tool will give you an automatic video enhancement experience as per your choice. So let's see what more this software offers.
- Get 300% enlarged images of your videos with adequate sharpness & clarity.
- Get rid of any digital artifacts or distortions.
- It gives the most customizable color correction algorithm while balancing saturation, contrast, & brightness.
- It gives a real-life resemblance to every frame of your video.
- This tool works as a DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper, Video Converter & DVD-to-Blu-ray Converter.
- Four output qualities are available: Premium, Ultra, Deblock, and Ultra+Deblock.
- This tool offers TensorFlow Framework with a neural network to upscale your video.
- Enjoy the fastest video upscaling or downscaling process with advanced GPU acceleration.
Steps to Enlarge Video
Step 1: Start from Module Selection
After launching the DVDFab 12 on your system, select the "Copy" module from the module panel at the top. Next, while heading to the "Backup Mode" panel, opt for the "Blu-ray" option.
Step 2: Uploading Video
Upload any video content of an IOS file, DVD, or folder to upscale its resolution. Head to the Enlarger AI option box shown behind the wrench box.
Step 3: Initiate Upscaling
To initiate the video upscaling conversion process, you should select the "Start" option.
You can also use StreamFab downloader to download streaming video in 1080p from ott platforms.
Is there any difference between 2K & 1440p?
Yes, 2K has 2048 × 1080 pixels, and 1440p has 2560 × 1440 pixels. 2K display with a 1440p monitor has a 16:9 aspect ratio. Among all 2K displays, 1440p has the most pixel density.
What 2K resolution falls into SD/HD/FHD/UHD?
2K falls under Full HD resolution.
What are the common monitor resolutions?
- 5K: 5120p × 2880p
- 4K: 3840p × 2160p
- QHD: 2560p × 1440p
- WUXGA: 1920p × 1200p
After having a basic idea about 2K resolution and its differences from other resolutions, you can go for your desired one to meet your specific requirement. However, to customize your visual specifications depending on your device or location, you must try the flexible and automatic video enlarging features of DVDFab Enlarger AI.