Best AVI Player to Have in 2023
Summary: Nowadays, a number of people are using AVI file format as their media output. But, in order to play this file format, one must have an AVI player. If you are one such user looking for an ideal AVI file player, then we have got you covered. This article will introduce you to the best tools that can act as an ideal AVI player for Mac, Windows, Android, and many other platforms. But first, let us have some basic knowledge about the AVI format.
- • Capable of playing local videos, DVD/Blu-ray/UHD disc and streaming videos
- • All-In-One platform of streaming playback
- • Online playback video in FHD 1080p video quality and EAC3 audio quality
Table of Contents
What is AVI?
Audio Video Interleaved, abbreviated as AVI, is basically a file format that has compressed audio and video content. While created by Microsoft, this format is supported on platforms such as Windows as well as Linux and Mac. This file format has been commonly implemented all over different applications and platforms for its simplicity and ease of use. It is great for storing TV shows and movies since it can compress into very small sizes.
Advantages of the AVI
Below are some advantages of using this file format.
- The format is very recognized and popular in the technology industry for its versatility to be used across multiple platforms and its extremely high audio fidelity options.
- Compression codecs are huge and are perfect for online video transferring, sharing, and consuming.
- The format is playable and very accessible.
- Users can create DVDs and save AVI content such as video and audio data within it.
- It is a very high-quality option and can be used for movies. You can also use it to edit for sharing.
Disadvantages of AVI
Below are some advantages of using this file format.
- AVI files are huge in size when uncompressed, as compared to other widely used file formats.
- AVI files can have codecs that need users to have those same codecs accessible and downloaded on their PC. Including this additional step makes it quite risky and cumbersome.
- User intractability is quite restricted. For instance, no click-to-pause feature.
- Owing to a large number of codecs, getting the right correct one can be almost impossible. It is a very tedious job and needs much trial and error as well as experimentation.
- Using this format contains loss of audio and video quality during compressed. This can lead to unsuitable files when it comes to high-quality HD content.
Now that we had a look at what AVI is, let us have a look at the top AVI video player tools that can be ideal for you. Read below to know more.
PlayerFab All-In-One: Best AVI Player
PlayerFab All-In-One is the best option that you can get as a .AVI player. The tool makes it easy for you to play AVI files as well as other video files of different formats. Users can also play DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs, local videos, and videos from different streaming platforms. Below are some features of this AVI player Windows 10 that makes it worthy to use. Have a look.
- Supports watching videos from Netflix, Amazon, Peacock, Tubi, and many more
- Able to play local videos, DVD/Blu-ray/UHD disc to streaming videos
- Able to auto-skip intro when playing the videos
- Allows playback of content in high video and audio quality
- Comes with autoplay feature
- Allows you to choose the languages of audio and subtitles based on your preference.
- Allows to control playback speed
If you need an AVI player to watch only content from Netflix, then you can always opt for PlayerFab Netflix Player. This player will help you play all AVI content from your Netflix account.
- Supports content from all regions
- High video and audio quality
- Auto-skip feature
- Able to choose the languages of audio and subtitles
- Autoplay feature
- Control playback speed
- A bit costly, but totally worth spending money on due to the advanced features it offers.
VLC AVI Player
VLC is an AVI player for Android, Windows, and Mac. Not only this player is very versatile, but it can deal with a long list of formats easily. In addition to this, it is also an allrounder tool for playing rare formats. Due to its V10-bit codec, the tool manages every media file without requiring additional codecs or plugins. On the other hand, VLC is not capable of playing Blu-ray videos. And if you are one of the users that is okay with this, there is more to the list. Sometimes, the audio can lag a lot, taking down the entire viewing experience.
- It is available on different operating systems.
- VLC is a very good media player for AVI files.
- It supports embedded subtitles.
- It can manage different formats without plugins or codecs.
- It supports video streaming on other devices.
- It is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS
- It does not need too many system resources
- A free version of the tool is available
- Hotkey support for quick processing.
- It does not offer graphic media library support
- Audio can get delayed a lot sometimes
- The UI seems to be outdated.
Free AVI Player
Free AVI Player is the next option in the list. It is one of the ideal options to play AVI files. It has many features such as support for a long list of file formats, the ability to play HD quality videos, and high-quality audio output. Users also get to play DVD and Blu-ray files with ease and the option to personalize their viewing settings such as subtitle options, screen size, hue control, brightness, and the feature to tweak effects and audio tracks.
In addition to this, with extra useful advantages such as optimized lossless audio experience, screenshot capture, and support in different languages, this tool can help you a lot when it comes to playing AVI files.
- It offers immersive and lossless audio playback at high-quality resolution.
- It supports a wide range of video formats.
- It is able to play Blu-ray files.
- It supports 4K and 8K HD video content.
- Simple interface and usability
- Dependable HD audio and video playback
- Personalized settings for a customized viewing experience.
- Lossless audio playback
- The free version has very basic features
- Requires paid version to unlock the key features
- Only supports macOS
MX Player is the best option to play AVI files on your Android devices with subtitle support. Media can be played with ease due to multi-core decoding and hardware acceleration. Users can move to the previous or next text while watching AVI videos with subtitles. In addition to this, tweaking the size of subtitles is easy. There is a helpful feature that some AVI players do not have, but this tool allows you to share video, music, and files without using mobile data.
- It supports multi-core decoding.
- It supports mostly all kinds of formats.
- It comes with support for zoom and pan.
- It supports subtitles formats such as ASS, DVD, SUB, SRT, VTT, TXT, MPL, and many more.
- It transfers files without using mobile data.
- Easy to use
- Support for subtitles
- Only available for Android and iOS.
- Sometimes buggy.
- Contains ads.
OPlayer Lite is well-known among iPhone users. The tool allows you to tweak the playback speed as per your needs. Also, users can play videos in the background. Keeping your privacy in mind, users have the ability to encrypt the folders and app. The tool has all required features that an AVI player needs. It will load subtitles automatically of the playing movie and repeat audio or video file.
- It supports almost all formats of subtitle files.
- It supports almost all audio and video file formats.
- It offers a single-hand mode.
- It comes with a feature for privacy protection and consumes less battery.
- It allows for rendering on TV.
- It supports Router, NAS, and network storage.
- Best suited for iPhone
- Comes with many advanced features
- Supports only iOS
- UI can be updated
OmniPlayer comes with a clean-looking UI with support for different formats of audio, video, and subtitle. For instance, you can tweak contrast, brightness, aspect ratio, saturation, as well as features such as audio delay. Users also have full control over playback where features include starting the video from the previous playback position and setting playback speed. The app offers support for a huge variety of formats, almost tens of different file extensions. It also plays online videos without the ads as well as remote or local server files.
- It can create GIF images of almost 60 seconds.
- It has a Picture-in-Picture and a mini-mode option.
- Users can tweak the encoding of subtitles in multiple languages.
- Users can take screenshots in different formats
- It can play video in 4K/1080P/720P HD resolution
- It can play online YouTube videos without ads.
- Not all functions are available in the free version.
- Paid version is too costly
- Limited support for Windows
Is AVI better than MP4?
AVI has better quality for video as compared to MP4, but MP4 can be compatible on every media player. MP4 and AVI format has their own advantages. When it comes to compatibility, MP4 is better. When it comes to video quality, AVI is better.
Can Windows 10 Play AVI?
Yes. Windows 10 has the ability to play AVI using Windows Media Player. Users can play different other formats as well with this default player of Windows. But be certain that you are using the latest version of this tool and have the needed codecs. Failing to do so, users might run into playback problems with certain video or audio files. On the other hand, you can always use third-party players such PlayerFab All-In-One Player, which works perfectly for Windows.
Is AVI better than WMV?
Both WMV and AVI were created by Microsoft. AVI files have remarkably bigger size but with a good video playback quality. AVI format is mostly used for editing purpose while WMV is used for online streaming of videos.
Having said that, we just had a look at different tools that be an ideal AVI player. Among all these options, PlayerFab All-In-One is the best AVI file player. The tool makes it easy for you to play AVI files as well as other video files of different format. Users can also play DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs, local videos, and videos from different streaming platforms.