How to Cut a Video on iPhone? Best Ways to Trim Video iPhone
Summary: It's common for a video we record on our iPhone to be overly long. Video editing apps are ideal for situations like these. Here are some of the unique solutions to tackle the iPhone video cutting problems.
Table of Contents
- Third-party apps to trim video on an iPhone
Due to the high-quality camera on Apple's iPhones, capturing unique films has become more accessible. In some cases, you may have to erase a piece of your video. This may be done by learning the basics of cutting video on an iPhone.
It's common for a video we record on our iPhone to be overly long. Helpful video-editing apps are ideal for situations like these. Adding voiceovers and editing your video might help you make your recordings more unique.
In addition to a video cutter since they have extra functionality. If you prefer not to use third-party apps, your iPhone comes preloaded with several useful native applications. Video editing is simple using the iPhone's built-in apps.
You may cut films on your iPhone with the help of either of these two native apps:
- Photos application
- iMovie application
Using the iPhone's built-in Photos app, you may trim and edit your video. Using the app's built-in video cutter, you can easily select and trim your video. The steps required to finalize this are simple.
How to cut videos on iPhone using Photos App?
- Go to the Photos app on your phone and take some pictures.
- The collection has a video you may choose from.
- Hit the Edit button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- To make your recording shorter, use the editing screen's start and end sliders.
- Don't forget to press the button when you are finishing.
- Then, you may either save the video as a new clip or save the video as is.
- The video will now be saved in the Photos app.
iMovie, the video editing tool on your iPhone, can help you trim your recordings, and it's a great substitute. It has a video trimmer that is appropriate for personal and commercial productions. You may study how to trim using iMovie to understand how to divide video footage.
How do you edit a video on the iPhone iMovie Application?
In iMovie, use these steps to trim video clips:
- To begin, open the iMovie app.
- Use the Plus + button to begin a new video project. Click on Movie next. However, you can pick and alter an existing project if you like.
- After selecting your video in the Media library, select Create Movie.
- In the editing section, click and hold the timeline area for the video you want to work with.
- As the last step, drag the beginning and end of the timeline to shorten the length of your film.
- Click the Done button when you are finishing.
DVDFab Video Converter is the first application we would recommend using. DVDFab Video Converter is essentially a video conversion tool. Still, it's also a capable editor, allowing you to crop and trim films, adjust their color settings, add subtitles, and more. In addition, a large number of customization options are provided by the program, allowing customers to produce the precise movies they desire time and time again.
DVDFab Video Converter is an excellent video converter on the market because it supports all of the most popular video and audio formats, as well as additional features like batch conversion, merging files, and the ability to transfer videos wirelessly from a mobile device and upload them directly to YouTube after converting. Furthermore, it's highly user-friendly. Let's take a brief look at using DVDFab Video Converter to edit videos on Windows and Mac. You may use the Mac version of the program in this example, and it works almost the same.
- In addition to being a video converter, DVDFab Video Converter is also a video editor.
- The interface is user-friendly, with all its function buttons clearly labeled.
- Functions like crop, trim, watermark, and more are all contained in that Video Edit button.
- You may make basic adjustments to your videos.
- A wide range of video formats may be played.
- You may expect high-quality films.
- It may take some time to understand its interface for the first time.
How to cut video on iPhone using DVDFab Video Converter?
Use the latest version of DVDFab Video Converter:
You need to upgrade your DVDFab program to latest version to load the destination video.
Make your desired adjustments:
You can select “Choose other profile” and use other options to make further adjustments to the subtitle, audio, and more advanced choices.
Trim Videos with DVDFab Video Converter:
The "Trim start point" and "Trim endpoint" may be modified by moving the slide button (or clicking the "Previous 1s" and "Next 1s" buttons) in the Video Effect Settings panel.
Start conversion process:
Start the conversion process as normal by clicking the "OK" button in the current window.
Using a computer and a professional editor application is the best option for requiring more editing options than just video chopping. We highly recommend the all-in-one video conversion and editing program, Video Converter Ultimate, to better edit movies without sacrificing quality. After editing, you may transfer the Movie to your iPhone and use it for any other purpose.
- It's handy to have a video editing toolbox that includes a video trimmer and GIF maker and a media metadata editor and video merge.
- Many editing options are available, such as trimming, splitting, rotating, cropping, adding new audio tracks and subtitles, custom effects, and enhancing quality.
- Support for more than 500 audio and video file types, including 8K, 5K, 4K, HD, and SD resolutions.
- The ability to edit video without sacrificing picture or sound quality for use on iPhone, iPad, and other mobile devices.
How to trim a video on iPhone using Video Converter Ultimate?
- Step 1: This video cutter is available for free download, installation, and use on your computer. You may access the video trimmer by going to the Toolbox and selecting Video Trimmer.
- Step 2: Importing a video is done by clicking the huge plus button in front of it in the Converter tab. After that, the users can access the Edit menu by selecting the Edit icon next to your loaded Movie.
- Step 3: You now have many videos editing tools at your disposal, allowing you to customize the film's look and feel. Click OK to save your changes when you've finished editing.
- Step 4: Select an appropriate output format from the Convert All menu. You can easily find the proper video format for your iPhone by clicking Device.
- Step 5: To save the altered video to your computer, click the Convert All option in the bottom-right corner. Transferring it to your iPhone is a cinch.
Apple's iPhone is well-known for its ability to clip and resize films. However, a third-party program such as the Video Editor app provides far greater flexibility in editing and adding effects to your videos.
Adding music to your videos has never been easier, thanks to the Video Editor app for iOS devices. Using the video trimmer, you may remove parts of videos that you don't wish to keep. You may record your audio or choose a song from iTunes Music to add to any video.
- Quickly and easily cut video iPhone clips.
- You may use in-app tracks, iTunes Music, or record your audio to add music to videos.
- After inserting, trim audio tracks if required.
- In addition to adjusting volume, you may also use the fade-in and fade-out options.
- Share on social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- There will be no watermark.
How to trim video on iPhone using Video Editor App?
- You'll need to open up the Video Editor app first.
- Go to the Gallery or Videos to select your video. Tap on the camera to start a new video.
- Once you have your footage, the video editing interface appears.
- You'll be sent to the video timeline area, where you may use the trimmer tool.
- Sliders may be used to remove unwanted sections from the beginning and end of a video clip.
- Next, tap the Tick mark icon in the screen's upper-right corner.
- Finally, click the Upload button to save and share your video.
Many people like watching and responding to videos on social media platforms such as Facebook Live and YouTube regarding living streaming. You'll need an iPhone screen recording software to make videos like this.
Even though your iPhone has a built-in screen-capture feature, many extra features are available to you with Screen Recorder for iPhone. Using the built-in video editor in the Screen Recorder app, you may trim and modify your recorded video.
Install the Screen Recorder for iPhone app from the App Store on your iPhone if this sounds intriguing to you.
How to use the Screen Recorder app to trim footage on an iPhone?
- In the My Recordings area, select the video you want to watch.
- At the bottom of your iPhone's screen, press the video editor icon.
- Choose Trim from the drop-down selection.
- Trim video by pressing the Trim button in the Screen Recorder app on your iPhone.
- Use the start and endpoint sliders to cut out unwanted parts of your Movie.
- After it, click the Tick mark icon to finish trimming.
- Now, click the Export option at the top-right of the screen.
- The resolution of your video may be selected from various possibilities. 360p, 480p, 720p, and 1080p are all available.
- Finally, save your video to your iPhone's Camera Roll or share it on social networking platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
This excellent video converter is also a good choice. VideoProc is a subscription-based application. For a year and one computer, the full edition costs USD 29.95. The absence of intrusive commercials and upsells is one of the most significant advantages of the premium version. As a result, the premium version guarantees superb video quality and rapid conversion times.
Even though it's a premium service, you may still give it a go for free initially.
- A free trial version is available, with all the functions but a five-minute limit on the duration of the converted video.
- You may also download and record videos because it is a one-stop video processing program.
- Additionally, VideoProc is the only GPU-accelerated video processing program on the market.
- built-in tools for editing
- The client has a good sense of logic.
- Resolutions as high as 8K are theoretically achievable.
It's your responsibility to pay for it.
Assume you are either a skilled video editor or an iPhone user. Now you know how to edit video on an iPhone if that's the case: Taking the video and cropping the video are both equally simple processes. So, you can choose any solution mentioned above to pursue your needs.