Transfer file between iPhone and Mac: With or without Internet & iTunes
Summary: While using different devices in your regular life, you have probably saved several documents, files, photos, videos, and never-ending content on your devices. Now, accessing these various content on one device is quite challenging if you haven't transferred them properly to your required devices. So, if you are a dedicated Apple person, the multiple ways to transfer file between iPhone and Mac are indeed going to save your time and life in need.
Table of Contents
- FAQs of File transfer between iPhone and Mac
Fact Impacts: If file transferring is just a mere habit to you, give a glance at the statistical numbers to realize how transferring data has impacted different parameters of iPhone users all over the world.
Depending on the eternal cause-effect theory, when you comprehend the compulsion to transfer files between Mac and iPhone, you must know the reasons for file transfer between iPhone and Mac.
Here you go with the six most crucial reasons to transfer files between iPhone and Mac.
1. To have flexibility in accessing every file on both devices.
2. If you had lost any of these devices, your files would be saved in another one.
3. If any of these devices get damaged or corrupted, you can still access the files from the other one.
4. Restricted mobility of your Mac would allow you to access its files through your iPhone anytime, anywhere while following the process to transfer files between iPhone and Mac.
5. If you want to create storage space in any of these devices, you can smartly sort your problem through file transfer between iPhone and Mac.
6. Transfer files between iPhone and Mac are one of the most convenient and effective backup options.
While following the simple steps, you can easily access any of your files saved on any of these two devices anytime, anywhere.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB or USB C cable or Wi-Fi internet connection.
- A page will be opened with a Finder sidebar on the left side of the page.
- Scroll through the column of Finder and choose the iPhone option that appears with your name.
- Find the bar given at the bottom and click on the " Files" option that can be located on the right side of the bar.
- An app list that provides file sharing support on your iPhone will appear on the Mac screen.
- Next, you have to drag any particular file or a collection of files from the Finder section and take them to the specific app name given in the app list.
- The file transfer between Mac and iPhone will be completed immediately, and it will be available on your iPhone through the app.
- To ensure whether the file gets transferred to your iPhone or not, you need to click on the "arrow (>)" option, which is shown beside the name of the app.
- Before detaching your iPhone from your Mac, you need to tap on the "Eject" button given in the Finder sidebar.
Notes: if you want to delete your files, you have to choose them given under an app name. Next, you have to select the " Command-Delete" option> "Delete" option. The file will be removed instantly.
- After connecting your iPhone to your Mac through USB or USB C cable or Wi-Fi synchronization, you need to go to the Finder sidebar section, find and select your iPhone option given with your iPhone name.
- Select files are given at the top of the finder section.
- Next, tap on the "disclosure triangle" option shown beside the name of an app to ensure the availability of the files on your iPhone.
- Next, drag the file from the app to the Finder section.
Note: To transfer files between iPhone and Mac using Finder, you must have Mac OS version 10.15 or later.
If your iPhone is running iOS 4 or later versions, you must follow the below steps to transfer files between Mac and iPhone with iTunes.
- Plugged your iPhone to your Mac computer through a USB or USB C cable or Wi-Fi connection,
- Find the "iPhone" icon shown on the top left side in the iTunes section in the iTunes app on your Mac.
- Go to the "file sharing" option.
- From the list shown on the left side of your Mac screen, you have to choose the *app on your iPhone where you want to transfer your files.
- Tap on the "Add" option>choose a file to transfer>"Add".
- To see the file on your iPhone, you have to go to the app you have already selected to transfer your files.
Note: *To know maximum information about your file transfer supported app, you need to go through the detailed documentation of your app.
- Follow the above-mentioned steps until app selection on your iPhone where you want to transfer your file from.
- Next, from the list given on the right side of the screen, you must select the file you want to transfer to your Mac computer.
- Next, click on the "Save to" option>select the option where you want to save the file>tap on "Save to."
With these simplest above-mentioned processes to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with or without iTunes, you have come to know the methods of file transfer between iPhone and Mac without the Internet while using the only cable to connect these two devices.
Airdrop is an inbuilt file transferring feature available on any iOS platform, from iPhone to Mac. However, for file transfer between iPhone and Mac through Airdrop, you must have a Wi-Fi connection to pair both the devices through Bluetooth. To use Airdrop, you have to sign in through your Apple ID. Let's go through the steps for its execution.
- To Turn on "Airdrop" on your iPhone, click on the "Control Center" option.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi connection and Bluetooth are enabled properly.
- Click on "Airdrop" and get to your iPhone through the " Contacts Only" option or the "Everyone" option.
- To turn on "Airdrop" on your Mac, you have to go to the Finder window and click "Go" and then on the "Airdrop" option.
- Through " Contacts only" or "Everyone" you need to set your Mac
- Next, find and click on the file that you want to share.
- Click on the "Share icon" having an arrow pointing up in a square box.
- If found, click on the "Mac" icon or the "AirDrop" icon.
- Go to your Mac through the Menu.
- The file will be transferred from iPhone to Mac.
- Make a right-click on the file you want to share.
- A menu tab will appear on the screen.
- Go to the "Share" option, and a small tab will appear next to the option.
- Select "AirDrop" from the opened tab.
- From the given list, you have to select your iPhone as the recipient to send the file.
- Tap on the "Done" option.
This is another most convenient option for file transfer between iPhone and Mac. Here, you go with the steps. If you want to know how to transfer videos from iPhone to computer, you can click here to learn more.
- To turn on iCloud on your iPhone click on "settings" => your name=> "iCloud"=>"iCloud Drive".
- To turn on iCloud on Mac, select " Apple Menu"=>" System Preferences"=>"iCloud"=>"iCloud Drive".
- Select the file you want to share=>Share icon=>Save to file=>iCloud Drive through the menu=>save.
- To see your file on Mac, you need to go to the Finder and select iCloud Drive.
- In the Finder window, go to the “iCloud Drive" to copy the file you want to share.
- On your iPhone, you need to go to the "files app" and click on "iCloud drive" through the list of the available locations.
- While clicking on the three dots shown on the right corner at the top, you need to tap on the "select" option.
- Click on the file that you want to transfer.
- Click on the "Share" option.
- Choose the option to transfer the file.
Apart from iCloud storage, you can use the Dropbox cloud platform to transfer file between iPhone and Mac.
- After downloading and installing it on both the iPhone and Mac, you need to log in to the app through the same Dropbox account.
- You have to upload files to Dropbox from your iPhone and go to Dropbox through your Mac to check the uploaded files through your iPhone.
You need to upload files to Dropbox from Mac and check it through your iPhone.
While using 15GB of free storage in Google Drive, you can also transfer files between iPhone and Mac.
All you need to do is upload any of your iPhone or Mac files to Google Drive and access them through any of these devices anytime, anywhere, with stable internet support.
While sending Emails of your files is the oldest, smartest, and easiest option to transfer files between Mac and iPhone.
Send emails of your files to yourself from either Mac or iPhone device and access them through any of these devices with your consistent internet support.
So, while going through these 7 major methods of file transfer between iPhone and Mac with and without Internet and iTunes, you must select the most convenient option depending on your needs and niche.
The disclosure triangle indicates information and functions that can be revealed or hidden, and they are found in a view or disposable item list. In the Finder, the disclosure triangle is used to reveal and navigate a folder given in the list view.
Syncing means sharing the same data on both devices. From music, movies to files, info, you can access anything to any of these devices while syncing them properly. For doing this, connect these two devices via USB or USB C cable>Finder sidebar>your iPhone>bar on the top showing syncing items>select syncing content of your choice. Or else you can look at the "General" on the bar to manage the data and software of your device.
If you have been looking for the most effective, authentic, and convenient option to transfer files between iPhone and Mac, here you have probably gotten the best 7 ways to transfer files between Mac to iPhone. If facing trouble with one option, you can easily try the rest to find out the best-suited one.