Top 4K video player for Your Windows and Mac Devices
Summary: Recording of 4K high definition videos has turned out to be a trendy thing seeing the increasing demand for high definition videos by the users. In addition to this, streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu, among others, have also started streaming in 4K UHD format. On the other hand, 4K UHD videos are not compatible on some device. Hence, many people opt for 4K video converter to view the 4K content. Today, we will list some of the top 4K video players that you can use to suffice your 4K viewing needs. Read below to know more about the best 4K video player options.
Table of Contents
Being the best 4K video player for PC in our list, PlayerFab Ultra HD Player makes it to the first position. This player is the best option that you can have in the market. It is capable of playing 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Discs along with ISO files and folders with menus and HDR10. It can play a broad range of media formats such as .mov, .mp4, .avi, .mkv, .swf, .flv, .mp3, .wmv, .flac, .dat, .mpg, and more, making it the best option. In addition to this, below are some features that make it a worthy option to buy.
- Able to play DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K Blu-rays with Menus
- Able to play all (4K) Blu-rays from all countries and regions
- Shows support on Discs, ISO files, and folders
- It has the ability to jump straight to the feature-length title
- Comes with Hi-Res audio output support, up to Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
- Supports AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA GPU hardware decoding
- Has the ability to play 4K UHD videos with stunning HDR10 effect
- Comes with all-round playback support for all types of 3D videos
- It has the ability to organize & manage local media library by Poster Wall
- It is compatible with all known video and audio formats
- It can import DVD & Blu-ray Discs to the local media library as ISO files
- The tool can play a wide range of formats
- It is optimized for Mac and Windows OS
- It has a minimalist and beautiful design that blends into any OS
- It comes with subtitle support including .ass, .smil, and .srt subtitle files, among others
- It comes with audio synchronization so audio and video are always in sync
- The cost might seem high but is totally worth seeing the advanced features it offers.
VLC is an open-source 4K video player Mac that supports 4K video playback and different video formats along with hardware acceleration support for high videos. The latest VLC 3.0 version is very versatile and offers support to the conventional unsupported formats and devices. VLC 4K video player can be used on Mac and Windows, as well as servers as one of the best 4K ultra HD video players for Android.
- Ability to play a lot of video formats
- Entirely private app
- There are tons of functionality, such as audio synchronization, subtitles, and multiple audio tracks
- The interface is outdated and clunky
- The DVD playback and4K playback can be unreliable
- Cannot install from the Mac App Store for additional peace of mind
- Users cannot personalize the interface
- No AirPlay feature, so you cannot stream to Apple TV
- Users have to manually update the app
If you’re looking for a free 4K video player, IINA can be your option. Developed with different users in mind, it comes with authenticity by offering Touch Bar support, gesture controls, and Dark Mode. Also, the app runs equally smoothly on newer and older versions of different OS.
- Support for almost all file formats
- New design in accordance to different guidelines
- Support for ad-free streaming on YouTube
- Intuitive browser extension with complete integration
- Rich subtitle options
- CPU and storage-heavy, in comparison to some other video players
- Buggy playback of 10-bit H.265 full HD videos
Cisdem Video Player is another one of the best 4K video players for Android users. This free video player is an excellent player if you are searching to play any of the leading video file formats, such as .mkv, .mp4, .mov, .avi, and even more. The tool comes with the ability to smoothly play videos up to 4K, 5K, and even 8K making it a worthy option. Similar to other applications mentioned in the list, this tool is not available for download on the Mac App Store. This may be a warning if you want an app that is simple to uninstall or update.
- It can add external subtitle files
- It supports more than 50 file formats
- It can convert video file types with the paid edition
- The interface is a bit outdated and does not go well with OS
- It is not available to download on the Mac App Store
- It is not yet updated for native compatibility with the latest processors
JustPlay is a powerful and compact video player and supports numerous formats, from SWF to MP4, along with rare files such as WMV. Its feature list comprises Ultra HD 8K and HD 4K compatibility, opening external audio and subtitle tracks, the option to select an audio output device, Touch Bar support for macOS, and deinterlacing.
- Comes with a broad range of supported file formats
- It has a reduced storage use and a small footprint
- Touch Bar integration
- Comes with outstandingly smooth 8K and 4K playback
- Variety of video and audio options
- Blu-ray capabilities are limited
- No free version is available
5KPlayer is another option in our list of the best 4K video players. The app has some extraordinary features, such as online video downloads to help you download videos & music from websites such as Dailymotion, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and more. The tool provides GPU acceleration to assist your device offer a smooth video playback experience, getting rid of inaccurate color, stuttering, and dropped frames. It also offers some basic video editing features, letting you cut videos so you can share them. Regrettably, 5KPlayer is not available on the Mac App Store, including an extra layer of difficulty when removing or updating the application.
- It is free to download
- GPU accelerated playback should help with large 4K files
- Not being installed via the Mac App Store can make uninstalling the tool tricky
- You cannot install the application using the Mac App Store for ease of updating and extra security
- Some users claim it could be malware
OmniPlayer is a 4K video player but it provides a lot of compatibility with other media files. It permits direct playing of remote files over FTP as well as streaming of YouTube videos. In addition to this, it comes with subtitle and audio options, ordinary playback, screenshot taking, and playlists features.
- It plays in the background with Picture-in-Picture
- It has a condensed and no-nonsense interface
- The playlists can be edited, created, or played
- No specific enhanced features
- The free version barely has anything
Plex is a 4K video player that is compatible with Mac and Windows 10. Users can watch TV shows, play all movies, and can stream music without any issue. Plex 4K video player offers smooth playback with the help of H.264 AVC coded provided the device is able to decode it.
- It shows all media collections in a simple-to-navigate interface.
- It supports all kinds of files and media.
- It does not support some 4K files such as MPG, MKV, and others.
PowerDVD is an affordable and powerful 4K video player for Windows 10. It is able to create a stunning entertainment environment with the best sound and picture details. This player has enhanced features that assist with managing photos, music, and movies all in the same place.
- It has many more functions and features
- It has the ability to play Blu-ray content and extends support to VR headsets.
- Only works on Windows.
KM Player has the ability to play enhanced media files with automatic codec updates quite easily. The player is quick and offers superb video quality. You can easily change the interface to their preference via the use of a diverse toolset.
- The 4K video player supports different file formats easily.
- It is well developed for external and internal codecs
- It has a customizable interface.
- It fails to play some video formats after the latest updates.
Many people are searching for a free 4k UHD video player for Android that can play 4k videos on Android tablets and phones in super high quality. MX Player is suggested for all Android users. This 4k video player is compatible with broad range of video formats in UHD/HD resolutions as well as subtitles such as MKV subtitle track, .sub, .srt, .mpl, .ass, .psb etc.
- Lightweight, support a wide array of codecs, easy to use
- Needs some extra configuration for audio playback.
Below are some points to consider while selecting the best 4K video player:
- The video player you select must provide compatibility with the newest OS versions
- It must run most known audio and video formats, particularly AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, DAT, MP3, FLV, FLAC, MP3, SWF, MPG, M4V, and MKV
- It has must-have features to manage and create playlists
- It must have an efficient and robust user interface
- Be wary of pop-ups and ads on the download page.
What is 4K Ultra HD?
In technical terms, 4K refers to a standard of digital cinema that asks for a 4096 x 2160 pixel resolution. This is two times both the vertical and horizontal measurements of the 1920 x 1080 standard (Full HD, or 1080p) that most users use today, providing 4X the overall pixel resolution. Now the launch of 4K videos adds the number of major resolution standards for use in the home into four: high definition (720p), standard definition (480p/540p), ultra-high definition (2160p), and full high definition (1080p). To clear the confusion and make it easy, videos in 4K resolutions look real on 4k video players for Android, computers, or iOS.
Where to get 4k video content?
Before you get the correct 4k 2160p video player for Android, Windows, Mac, or iOS, you will require to get a 4k video download first. When you Google 4K videos, the answer might be limited. There are different streaming websites where you can get 4K videos. Netflix turned out to be the first to offer 4K video samples from April 2014.
When you open the Netflix app on a 4K TV, there are tons of Netflix 4K movie video contents to download and stream. A lot more content such as documentaries is launching out. Second, comes YouTube. As the largest video sharing platform, rich 4K movies and videos are provided on YouTube. In addition to this, a dedicated 4K channel has also been established.
Why cannot users Play 4K videos with Safari?
Users who used Safari to play 4K videos on iPad and iPhone will see that YouTube 4K videos in 2160p is no longer compatible with Safari. Lately, YouTube removed the support for 4K video playback in Safari. Now, users can either switch to other browsers such as Firefox or Chrome, or play YouTube 4K videos with the 4K Ultra HD players for Android, iOS, or PC listed above.
In a nutshell, you just had a look at the best 4k video player options that you can use for Windows and Mac. Among the list, the best option is to use PlayerFab Ultra HD Player. This player is capable of playing 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Discs along with ISO files and folders with menus and HDR10. It can play a broad range of media formats making it the best option.