Top MOV Player Tools to Use in 2023
Summary: A MOV player is used to play MOV files, which is often not supported by a normal media player. There are a number of MOV players in the market, but the question remains “which is the best?” We are here to with the best MOV file player options that you can use to suffice your needs. Read below to know the best MOV player Windows can have.
Table of Contents
PlayerFab All-In-One is the best MOV video player available in the market. Why? Well, the player not only supports MOV files but also makes it accessible for users to playback DVD/Blu-ray/UHD discs, local videos, and videos from different streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon. Let us have a look at some of the features that makes it the best MOV player online. Have a look.
- Supports Different Video and Audio Formats
The reason why PlayerFab is the best. MOV Windows media player is because it supports different audio and video formats with ease. The tool is an all-inclusive, powerful, and free-of-cost media player that supports different media formats. It supports all well-known formats such as H.265/HEVC, H.264, MKV, MP4, FLV, MOV, M2TS, VOB, and many more. This makes sure that users will not have any compatibility issues while playing different kinds of media files.
- Ability to Play Different Kinds of Videos
The tool is an all-inclusive media player and hence it ensures that users do not face any compatibility issues. The program is able to play DVD, local videos, UHD discs, and Blu-ray along with videos from streaming platforms. This comprehensive media player is the best Windows media player MOV files can be played on.
- High-Quality Video and Audio Playback
Enhanced quality is one of the major highlights of PlayerFab, thereby making it the best free MOV player. It offers a plethora of in-built features, thereby ensuring the best watching experience in EAC3 5.1 audio quality and FHD 1080p video quality. This gives users exceptional theater-like effects while watching media files.
- Stream Videos from Different Platforms
PlayerFab has the ability to stream videos from a wide range of popular streaming platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon, Peacock, Tubi, and many more. Hence, gone are the days when you need to search for a player to support streaming platforms.
- Enhanced Navigation Menu
This enhanced player provides navigational supports by offering menu playback on Blu-rays, DVDs, and 4K Ultra Blu-rays, irrespective of what form they are. Ripped ISO image files or folders along with genuine discs are also supported by this tool. The tool has TrueTheater technology, thereby offering a cinema-akin effect to users.
- Auto-skip ADs
Who loves ads? Nobody, right? This tool saves you from this issue. The tool will skip the initial ads automatically from most popular video platforms such as IMDB, Amazon, Tubi, Free TV, Paramount+, Roku, and many more, making sure that you get a comfortable and smooth watching experience.
- 3D Playback Support for 3D Contents
If you are having a 3D TV, the player can make the most out of it. PlayerFab has all-around 3D playback support on ISO files, genuine 3D Blu-ray discs, and SBS (side-by-side) 3D videos. Also, there are four 3D output modes, namely, 3D-Ready HDTV (Checkerboard), Anaglyph Red/Cyan, HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV, and Micro-polarizer LCD 3D (Row-interleaved). This makes it easy to watch 3D movies at home.
- Hi-Res Audio Output Support
The tool has the ability to offer high-resolution lossless audio, such as Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and DTS-HD Master, with a maximum of 7.1 channel surround sound output.
- Manage Local Media Library
The tool can easily manage tons of TV shows, movies, and music videos stored on your local hard disk. You can manage and build your own local media library via plain and clear poster walls. By tapping on each poster wall, users will be taken to a detailed section, where all the meta info of the TV show or movie is shown systematically.
- Support for HDR10 Effect
HDR effect has now become mainstream. As a version of HDR, HDR10 can create 1000 nits of utmost brightness to make the media files look more realistic to users. If your display is compatible with any kind of HDR version, this player can deliver the best HDR effect, such as HDR10+, HDR10, and Dolby Vision too.
- Manager Local Music Library
PlayerFab also allows you to intelligently make a local music library. All you need to do is add your pre-existing music files to the player, and you will find all the required music well organized as per artists, albums, or genres immediately.
QuickTime Player is a MOV player Mac supports. The player is developed by Apple for native playback on iPhones, Macs, or iPads. Theoretically, the tool should be the default MOV player for Mac devices to play MOV files. On the other hand, owing to some codec issues, the QuickTime player can't open. MOV. Below are some features of the player.
- Video music playback
- Edit a movie
- Record Mac screen
- Capture screen of iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
- Record a MOV movie.
- Play MOV files by default with different customization settings such as showing subtitles, selecting a screen size, and selecting soundtrack.
- Share MOV files via AirDrop.
- Edit MOV videos using features such as rearranging, trimming, splitting, and rotating a movie.
- Export MOV files to different resolutions and file formats.
- No updates for Windows QuickTime.
- The tool has some codecs issues.
- Quite buggy.
VLC Media Player is a popular player and is known for its open-source nature. The player supports different formats such as MP4, MOV, DVD, MKV, and WMV. The tool manages your media files without the requirement to install additional codecs. Apart from a desktop player, users can also download the mobile app to play MOV videos on iPhone and Android. In addition to this, the tool has many hidden features thereby making it to our list.
- Video conversion
- Multimedia & DVD playback
- Record screen
- Network streaming
- Chromecast/DLNA media.
- Different customizable options such as add subtitles, speed up/slow down, and video-audio synchronization, among others.
- Play all MOV files without downloading additional codecs.
- Hardware Acceleration assists 4K MOV smooth playback with 60fps.
- Cross-platform support for smart TV with a bigger screen experience.
- Create a playlist to convert and play MOV to MP4, and record MOV videos.
- Tons of issues while playing MOV files such as no sound and video audio out of sync.
- Sudden blank screen, green screen, or black screen without notice.
Windows Media Player is the default player that comes with Windows OS so that users don't need to download other options. On the other hand, only version 12 or above can play MOV files. Also, the player comes with different issues such as the "only sound no image" problem. Apart from this, extra MOV codecs for Windows Media Player are needed to play some specific MOV files. For instance, the HEVC codec is required for playing MOV HEVC files as MOV is not supported by default by this player.
- Multimedia playback
- Disc burning/ripping
- Media streaming
- Ability to stream MOV files to Android smart TVs.
- Acts as the default player for Windows users to play MOV when a relative codec is installed.
- Download automatically all the data about CD such as artist name, name of the album, year, song title, and much more.
- In-built Media Guide allows to create playlists, browse a website for movies, music, TV, and Internet radio.
- Poor performance when playing 2.7K, 4K, and 1080P at 50fps, 60fps, and 30fps
- Will not play MOV files encoded in modern codecs such as H.265/HEVC, ProRes codec, ProRes, AV1, and VP9.
- No recent updates after Windows 7 release.
- Cannot stream MOV files properly especially over a slow DSL connection.
Why do some MOV files not play?
There can be many reasons for this. To begin with, there might be a missing video component and hence the player cannot play the MOV file. Another common problem is a frozen frame.
Is MOV or MP4 better?
MP4 is usually smaller and more compressed in size, while MOV files are often larger in size and higher in quality. MOV files are a good option for video editing on Apple devices since they are specifically designed for Mac devices.
Does YouTube accept MOV?
YouTube supports different video formats such as AVI, 3GPP, MOV, FLV, MPEGPS, MPEG4, WMV, and WebM. MPEG4 commonly uses the MP4 extension. YouTube also suggests particular encoding settings for best conversion.
In a nut shell, we just had a look at the top MOV players that you can use in 2022. The best of all, undoubtedly, is PlayerFab All-In-One player. Enjoy your MOV movies!