Top 11 Movie Player for Windows & Mac to Use in 2023
Summary: A movie player is a media or videos player that can play video data from various sources. The following is a hand-picked list of the best video/media players with popular features. The list includes open-source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Table of Contents
- 1. PlayerFab All-In-One
A movie player is a media or videos player that can play video data from various sources, including local discs, DVDs, VCDs, CDs, and streaming services, among others. MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, and other formats are all supported by this program. Many of these items are user-friendly and can be used on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
The following is a hand-picked list of the best video/media players with popular features. The list includes open-source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Compatibility: Windows, macOS
This 4K movie player for Windows 10 comes with abundant features. PlayerFab is the ideal choice for organizing thousands of films, movies, TV series, and music files since it allows you to create a compact yet well-organized local media library.
This All-In-One is the finest video player for Windows 10. It will collect every TV show and movie poster from the internet and put them together. When clicked, each poster wall will expose a thorough and well-presented page of movies and series.
Another essential feature of this video player is that it can play navigation menus on DVDs, Blu-rays, and Ultra Blue-rays. It means that you can set up a home theater and watch movies from the comfort of your own home.
Moreover, it will deliver lossless high-resolution audio. It is entirely compatible with various media formats, including high-resolution formats such as 720p, 1080p, and 4K. It also allows for 3D playback in all directions.
- Menus are available on DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K Blu-rays.
- Go to the Feature-Length Title Right Away.
- On Discs, ISO Files, and Folders show overall support.
- Hardware decoding for AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA GPUs for better video playback.
- This best video player for Mac supports all types of 3D videos in all directions.
Standard Price: $1859.86
Bundle Saving: - $1519.87
50% OFF: - $170.00
Final Price: $169.99
So, you can purchase it at the final price of $169.99 with a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- After downloading DVDFab All-In-One, select PC mode. The library and my computer are both on the left; choose which one you like. Check to see if the DVD-ROM drive is connected to the computer. You may play the contents of the DVD ROM on your computer if it has an optical drive. To add a new directory, go to settings, library, and add a new directory.
- Import video files from your computer. You may change the software's language by navigating to settings and then clicking.
- Begin to appreciate the immersive viewing experience.
VLC Media Player is a well-known media player. Since Windows XP or maybe even earlier, this player, created and owned by VideoLAN Organization, has been one of the most extensively used and preferred media players for the Windows operating system.
- It can play the majority of video codecs without the need for a codec pack.
- MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MP3, MKV, WebM, WMV, H.264, and many more formats are available.
- There are several extensions available for download that provide extra functionality.
- It can play CDs, live streams, cameras, and other devices in addition to video files.
- VLC is a 100% free program that does not include any spyware.
- You won't have to worry about adverts or user monitoring with VLC.
- It includes video/audio filters as well as subtitle synchronization.
- Apart from movies, you may customize it by downloading and installing skins. The VLC skin editor allows you to build your skin.
PotPlayer is yet another free media player for Windows that is powerful and feature-rich. So it's a good choice for people who want to watch videos. It has a lot of advanced settings and features and the ability to work with almost any kind of file.
- It can play 3D videos, 360-degree output videos, and even 8K videos.
- High graphics clarity combined with excellent performance thanks to the use of cutting-edge drivers and technologies like CUDA, DXVA, and QuickSync
- Top and Bottom, Side by Side, and Page Flipping are all supported.
- PotPlayer supports OpenCodec, making it simple to obtain the additional codec needed to play your video file.
- If you have two sound cards, you may pick which one to use while playing a video file using PotPlayer.
GOM Player and its features are current and convey a highly futuristic image of a video player. It supports 8K quality videos and can play 360-degree VR films. You may use your GOM Player to watch YouTube videos.
- The synchronization mechanism for subtitles is highly robust. You may also use the player to search for subtitles because it has a well-maintained library of popular subtitles.
- It will help you listen to a file as it is being downloaded.
- You should look at GOM Player Plus, a premium version of the GOM player with several extra features.
KMPlayer is a well-known video player that is used all over the world. It was founded in 2002 and is presently owned by Pandora TV, a Korean streaming service. Its user base is regionally diverse.
- It offers a video capture function that allows you to capture video and audio in the format of your choice.
- It supports over 41 languages for its customers worldwide (including GIF).
- KMPlayer can easily play 3D, 4K, and UHD videos.
- It has an ultra-quick mode.
- KMPlayer allows users to download videos from YouTube, Instagram, and Daily Motion.
- One of the most irritating aspects of using this media player is the advertisements.
Kodi, originally known as XBMC, is an entertainment portal and a video player. It is a free and award-winning open-source player. Kodi can play a broad selection of video formats. It is also best to play major audio formats, including mp3, FLAC, wav, and WMA.
- It has a very nice dark theme and is meant for a sophisticated audience.
- Its library effectively manages your collections by grouping TV series according to episodes and seasons.
- Its remote interface, built on JSON-RPC, makes it the finest player for remote controllers, web browsers, and other third-party tools.
5KPlayer is placed slightly lower on the list of the best video players, but it is in no way inferior to the players listed before. It contains all of the newest features and a user interface that is both basic and intuitive. It can handle a variety of subtitle formats, including.srt,.ssa,.sub,.ass,.aqt, and.json.
- It produces all types of videos smoothly, including 8K, 4K, 1080p, and 360-degree videos.
- It functions as a music player, an internet downloader, and a media streamer in addition to being a video player.
- The program can recognize Dolby, DTS, and RStereo sound systems naturally.
- 5KPlayer can download videos from all major platforms, including YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
- It leverages hardware acceleration technologies from CUDA, AMD, Intel, and DXVA 2.0 to play your movies with low CPU and GPU consumption.
DivX Player is one of the three components of the DivX Media Suite, which includes DivX Player, DivX Converter, and DivX Media Server. Although its popularity has waned recently, it remains one of the greatest video players accessible.
- It can play AVI, MKV, HEVC, and DivX videos.
- The DivX Player's 'Cast to' function allows you to cast content to your televisions or other DLNA-compatible devices.
- It offers improved audio features, such as switching between multiple soundtracks and audio languages.
- It uses DivX Accelerated technology developed in-house to decrease CPU burden when playing or converting videos.
If you want to play videos on the Windows computer, MediaMonkey for Windows, also known as MMW, is a new video player. Music fans who like to keep their music videos and audios in order would like this portable movie player. It's ideal for organizing and managing large movie and music libraries with over a million files.
- It can synchronize and backup media material from your specified devices quickly and effortlessly.
- You may use MediaMonkey to play and record your material and burn audio CDs, DVDs, and other types of media using its built-in burner.
- It can automatically locate and identify missing metadata for music files, such as album art, lyrics, etc.
Microsoft's Windows Media Player had come a long way from when people had to find a video player as soon as they installed Windows. WMP12 is a big step in that direction. This is because Windows Media Player has come out for Windows 7 and above, and it has fixed many of the problems and limitations.
- It has built-in support for more media formats than previous versions.
- It's lighter and can play videos with better quality without stuttering.
- The WMP12 library is well-equipped to handle and organize your audio and video assets.
- It has a very light and smooth internet streaming capability.
- The "Now Playing" option allows switching from video output to library view and vice versa a breeze.
In 1995, Real Player was released, and it has been improving and upgrading ever since. This is why it made our top ten video player list.
- Real Player is a multi-format player that can play video, audio, streaming, playlists, and graphics files.
- It comes with a plethora of optional plug-ins that may be downloaded from the player if needed.
- It offers a light and user-friendly interface that is simple and quick to use.
All of these video players are excellent for watching videos. PlayerFabAll-In-One, on the other hand, consolidates all of your movies, videos, and music into a single library. It is quite sophisticated, user-friendly, and has the nicest UI. Premium capabilities such as DVD playback, BD playback, BDVAC playback, and many others are only available if you purchase one of the pro packages. Overall, the PlayerFabsoftware is for everyone; it helps recreate a cinematic experience in your home by delivering lossless surround sound up to 7.1 channels - that's incredible and unrivaled!!!