There are cases that the Movie Sever can find but not be able to identify your hard disk drive, especially when it is a brand-new HDD. When this happens, the Movie Server will pop up an alert and ask you to format the HDD first, you can just follow the guide to format the HDD into EXT4 file system. You can also format the HDD at Settings>Disk Manager. Be aware: do not power off the Movie Server or extract the HDD from the cabinet during the formatting process, otherwise, your HDD might get damaged.
In very rare cases, the Movie Server even might not be able to detect your HDD at all, when this happens, you need to get the HDD formatted on your PC, and the following steps tell you how to do that:
1. Connect the SATA hard drive to your PC via a USB to SATA converter;
2. Right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, find the connected hard drive, which should be marked as Not Initialized;
3. Initialize the HDD using the GPT method.
4. Right-click the hard disk and select to create a new volume, format the disk is necessary.
Also, you can format the HDD into EXT3 or EXT4 with other professional tools.
Aside from managing the media files directly from the Movie Server, users can also manage them from their PC. Here is how:
1. In the address bar of Windows explorer, enter \\Your Movie Server’s IP Address\share;
2. Among the six folders there, the one named sata is actually where all your media files copied by DVDFab 10 are stored, if you want to manage your previous ISO files made by DVDFab 10 with the Poster Wall feature, you need to copy them to sata\sata1\DVDFab ; and the one named sdcard is the built-in memory of the Movie Server, where all the system data are stored.
Sometimes due to the network problem, DVDFab might fail to send the resulting files directly to Movie Server. When this happens, don’t panic, you can still use the traditional copy & paste method to transfer the copied files to the SATA hard drive inside the Movie Server. Here is how:
1. Go to C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Temp\MediaServer, find the .meta and .iso files of the copied movie;
2. In the address bar of Windows explorer, enter \\YourMovie Server’s IP Address\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab;
3. Copy the two files from path 1 and paste them to path 2.
There is a chance that the metadata information of the copied movie in the Movie Server might not be accurate. When this happens, users can manually edit (open the .meta file with Windows notepad) the .meta file of the specified movie to correct it. Here is how:
Step 1 > For TV Show: fill in the correct information in the title (e.g. DOWNTON_ABBEY_SEASON_5_DISC_3), year (e.g. 2014), season (e.g. 5) and episode (e.g. 8-9) strings, and make sure the string above
Step 2 > For Movie: fill in the correct information in the title (e.g. ABSOLUTELY_FABULOUS_THE_MOVIE) and year (e.g. 2016) strings, and make sure the string above
Step 3 > When done with the edits, go to Movie Server > Movies > Function Menu > Refresh, to refresh your movie library so that the metadata information can be updated, or you can also restart the Movie Server to fresh the Movie Library.
Besides, there's still another way of correcting the inaccurate metadata.
Step 1 > Open the browse on your PC, type “10.10.5.251:32080” in the address bar, and press Enter button on your keyboard;
Note: Replace 10.10.5.251 with the IP address of your Movie Server. If not sure, find it on your Movie Server at Settings > General > Wi-Fi/Ethernet.
Or, you can launch DVDFab 10 > Choose Full Disc/Clone mode > Load a source > Choose the Movie Server from the drop-down menu of the Save to section > click MS Manager;
Step 2 > Hover the mouse pointer over the movie whose metadata needs to be corrected, you will see a three-dot icon show up at the bottom right corner of the poster, click on that icon;
Step 3 > At the popup menu, click on the Matching button;
Step 4 > Enter the correct media title, select a category, and then click on the Search button;
Step 5 > Usually, there will be a couple of posters show up at the next window, you can then select the correct one and click the OK button to apply the poster.
Step 6 > It shall take a few seconds to download and apply the poster, and when it finishes, you can then go back to your Movie Server, and then metadata information should also be updated there.
Step 7 > Move to the Movies section and checked the updated metadata information of the movie you’ve just modified.
To make it easier for users to transfer the copied ISO files from DVDFab 10 to the Movie Server, we’ve added the option at the output drop-down menu the DVDFab Movie Server option. If in your DVDFab 10, the Movie Server is shown as Offline, it means your Movie Server is not turned on. If it is shown as Not Found, the possible reasons can be anyone listed below:
1. You haven’t purchased the Movie Server yet, which is available at https://www.dvdfab.cn/movie-server.htm;
2. Your Movie Server is not turned on, then you can simply turn it on;
3. Your Movie Server is not connected to the same network as your DVDFab 10, then you need to switch to the same network;
4. Your Movie Server is blocked by the firewall of your Windows or Anti-virus software. In either case, you need to unblock it.
Sometimes, it may also be listed as Not Accessible. In this case, the reason might be:
1. Your Movie Server is not turned on, then just turn it on;
2. Your Movie Server is turned on, however its DHCP IP address might have been changed. In this case, restarting DVDFab 10 shall fix the problem.
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Nov 20, 2017
Get FREE $20 Amazon Gift Card
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues